+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

Leking1980

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
Update...

Today we got a request letter.

They wanted a proof of cohabitation, even though we already sent them the rent contract and joint bank account statements with the application. What else should we send them this time? ... i know people would say send them pics but believe me after 10 years of marriage you dont take pics as much as before :)

They also asked for travel history of the sponsor “husband” and and tax returns for 2017 and 2018 even though we were living overseas in 2017 and arrived to canada late 2018, august to be exact.

They also asked for employment history of husband, wonder if they want his history overseas or just since arriving to canada, he is still looking for a job but has many emails proving that he applied for jobs, what should we do in this case?
Send everything you have that have both of y’all name in it... mails letters from friends and family etc. Anything would help at this point.

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Update...

They wanted a proof of cohabitation, even though we already sent them the rent contract and joint bank account statements with the application. What else should we send them this time? ... i know people would say send them pics but believe me after 10 years of marriage you dont take pics as much as before :)

They also asked for travel history of the sponsor “husband” and and tax returns for 2017 and 2018 even though we were living overseas in 2017 and arrived to canada late 2018, august to be exact.

They also asked for employment history of husband, wonder if they want his history overseas or just since arriving to canada, he is still looking for a job but has many emails proving that he applied for jobs, what should we do in this case?
Hi just send whatever IRCC ask you to send proof of cohabitation is what they need more evidence that you both cohabit for at least 1 year without any gap. You can send letters or billing statements that shows your address and his address are the same. Did the sponsor travel outside the country while processing the application? If yes, you just need to attach letter of explanation. Good luck

Reactions: mightymoe

mightymoe

Mar 30, 2019
dont undertsand why they even asked for more proof of your relationship.... i only sent copy of my marriage certificate and apartment leasing agreement . and when i sent my application i was only married for 1.5 months....
Tell me about, isnt having 3 children over the span of 10 years enough of a proof that its a genuine relationship!!!!

dstpcansgirlfriend

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
30-10-2018
I thought I'd log on and take a look at ECAS, and what do I see? DM on both sides!!!

This is it, right? We're done? Just have to wait for a landing letter? (That'll probably come next year; our office is Vancouver :p )

taj1234

Star Member
Dec 1, 2018
Oct 13, 2018 - PR app sent
Oct 15, 2018 - APP received by CIC
Nov 02, 2018 - Received AOR
Nov 15, 2018 - App Linked
Dec 21, 2018 - Medical Request
Dec 27, 2018 - Finished Medical
Dec 30, 2018 - Medical Passed
Jan 25, 2019 - Background check and requested police certificate
Jan 26, 2019 - police certificate uploaded

They are asking if our relationship is genuine even though i already sent them my marriage certificate from 10 years and the birth certificates of our children, wonder on what basis they review the application and supporting documents
Exactly you case is fair, that weird they ask you more proof, but you don't need worry send them.
Tell me about, isnt having 3 children over the span of 10 years enough of a proof that its a genuine relationship!!!!
That is true, but just send me ehawhate you have, you will be fine u have geniune case.

mightymoe

Mar 30, 2019
Thanks for the support guys, we will send them all the things we have including driving licences which prove that we live at the same address.

Hopefully the travel history report from the CBSA for my husband wont take long to be issued.

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
I am sorry to hear that you were asked to provide more proof of relationship.

The way I am looking at is that the officer obviously knows you've been married for 10 years and have 3 kids but lacking evidence that your marriage is still intact. I am sure you did but try to send proofs especially covering the last 2 to 3 years of your marriage from 2016 to Aug 2018 until your arrival in Canada. I am guessing the rental agreement and joint bank account statements you submitted were probably from Canada so you need to send them exactly what they asked: his travel and employment history since 2017 showing that he was travelling with you and supporting you. Anything will help like flight tickets for 2 of you for a short vacation, a hotel receipt or photos of your anniversary, photos of both of you during your kids' birthday, his life employment/insurance showing you and the kids as his beneficiary, if he was working and paying taxes overseas and had no income in Canada than his overseas tax returns showing his marital status to you as his spouse, letters from his past employers, photos of you and him during his work party, etc...

Last edited:

mightymoe

Mar 30, 2019
I am sorry to hear that you were asked to provide more proof of relationship when you've been married for 10 years and have 3 kids.

The way I am looking at is that the officer obviously knows you've been married for 10 years and have 3 kids but lacking evidence that your marriage is still intact. I am sure you did but try to send proofs especially covering the last 2 to 3 years of your marriage from 2016 to Aug 2018 until your arrival in Canada. I am guessing the rental agreement and joint bank account statements you submitted were probably from Canada so you need to send them exactly what they asked: his travel and employment history showing that he was travelling with you and supporting you. Anything will help like flight tickets for 2 of you for a short vacation, a hotel receipt or photos of your anniversary, photos of both of you during your kids' birthday, his life employment/insurance showing you and the kids as his beneficiary, if he was working and paying taxes overseas and had no income in Canada than his overseas tax returns showing his marital status to you as his spouse, letters from his past employers, photos of you and him during his work party, etc...
I would do my best to offer them, even though they should know better that living in the middle east and specially in countries like Saudi arabia or uae where they have strict laws and no one is allowed to have any kind of relationship other than marriage should be enough, not to mention that our youngest baby is only a year and half old

Reactions: barsarah

Angel1029

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Update...

i also got a request letter last week for aditional proof of cohabitation...this whole situation is really stressing us out..

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
I would do my best to offer them, even though they should know better that living in the middle east and specially in countries like Saudi arabia or uae where they have strict laws and no one is allowed to have any kind of relationship other than marriage should be enough, not to mention that our youngest baby is only a year and half old
So sorry to hear about this added stress. Hopefully we can do what we can to help you out and get you past this extra hurdle.

Are they asking for proof of cohabitation from a specific date range? I've seen them ask for specific months/years in other cases, which is why I'm asking. Knowing a date range might help us all in figuring out what kind of proof might be most useful. I know you mentioned that they asked for the tax returns from two years, but I'm trying to figure out why the agent would ask for these (and employment history). I'm guessing you two covered these things in the application already, so not sure......

If I may ask, what other proof of cohabitation did you provide besides the rental agreement and joint bank account? I'd think this would be enough, but you never know with IRCC. I know my wife and I were having a bit of trouble with this part of the application too since we had little in both our names and the same address, so what we did was provide screenshots of social media posts, screenshots of text messages between me/sponsor/sponsor's parents/landlord that showed I lived with my wife, mail from friends that happened to have both our names/address on it, etc. In isolation these things wouldn't prove too much, but with the rental agreement and bank account, it all hopefully meant a bit more.

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
I see... in that case then they are most likely looking to see if he is financially able to support you and the kids as he will be legally bound to give you financial support for the next 3 to 10 years in case if you are not able to work and financially support yourself and/or divorce, etc...

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
I see... in that case then they are most likely looking to see if he is financially able to support you and the kids as he will be legally bound to give you financial support for the next 3 to 10 years in case if you are not able to work and financially support yourself and/or divorce, etc...
This is what I was wondering since they were asking about his financials. While there is no income minimum, they do want to know that a sponsor is able to -- or will be able to -- provide for the principal applicant and dependents if needed. (If you two divorce -- not saying you will! -- he's still on the hook for all of you for a period of time.)

mightymoe

Mar 30, 2019
We made sure submit with the application our bank statements that showed enough money to cover the living expenses for the next 2 years...

Reactions: barsarah