+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

mightymoe

Mar 30, 2019
So sorry to hear about this added stress. Hopefully we can do what we can to help you out and get you past this extra hurdle.

Are they asking for proof of cohabitation from a specific date range? I've seen them ask for specific months/years in other cases, which is why I'm asking. Knowing a date range might help us all in figuring out what kind of proof might be most useful. I know you mentioned that they asked for the tax returns from two years, but I'm trying to figure out why the agent would ask for these (and employment history). I'm guessing you two covered these things in the application already, so not sure......

If I may ask, what other proof of cohabitation did you provide besides the rental agreement and joint bank account? I'd think this would be enough, but you never know with IRCC. I know my wife and I were having a bit of trouble with this part of the application too since we had little in both our names and the same address, so what we did was provide screenshots of social media posts, screenshots of text messages between me/sponsor/sponsor's parents/landlord that showed I lived with my wife, mail from friends that happened to have both our names/address on it, etc. In isolation these things wouldn't prove too much, but with the rental agreement and bank account, it all hopefully meant a bit more.
We didnt have anything other than the rent contract and bank account info, as you know visitors here are not allowed to have many official proofs such as credit cards or medical papers, but according to their own check list what we submitted should be sufficient

Reactions: barsarah

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
We made sure submit with the application our bank statements that showed enough money to cover the living expenses for the next 2 years...
Canadian bank statements wouldn't do enough on itself as money can be in and out (e.g transferred from someone or loan payment, etc...) within a few months, and even if the money is yours, they wouldn't know your spending habit. Some people can easily spend $20,000 a week while it could take a month or two for others. So I think they are looking for a more stable and secure income over the years, like from his past employments...

Reactions: mightymoe

mightymoe

Mar 30, 2019
Canadian bank statements wouldn't do enough on itself as money can be in and out (e.g transferred from someone or loan payment, etc...) within a few months, and even if the money is yours, they wouldn't know your spending habit. Some people can easily spend $20,000 a week while it could take a month or two for others. So I think they are looking for a more stable and secure income over the years, like from his past employments...
I thought that spouse sponsorship has no financial requirements and they only care that the sponsor is not being supported by the government...

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
I thought that spouse sponsorship has no financial requirements and they only care that the sponsor is not being supported by the government...
Exactly correct, and that's why they are asking for employment history so they know he was not on social assistance from another country and can financially responsible for your next 3 to 10 years.

mightymoe

Mar 30, 2019
Exactly correct, and that's why they are asking for employment history so they know he was not on social assistance from another country and can financially responsible for your next 3 to 10 years.
Is this like official thing or this is how you think what looking for?

Because every other sponsorship program which requires financial support only looks at one year time span

Nben92

Dec 30, 2018
Hi Nben92,

Can you tell me how did you know that they started reviewing your eligibility?

Thanks.
Oct 10, 2018 - Application sent with OWP
Oct 12, 2018
- Application received by CIC Mississauga
Dec 6, 2018 - OWP application returned due to incorrect fees, in restoration
Dec 9, 2018 - OWP sent
Dec 19, 2018 - OWP received

Dec 20, 2018 - Medical Requested
Jan 11, 2019 - Medical Done
Jan 14, 2019 - Medical Passed
Jan 19, 2019 - Background check started

Mar 21, 2019 - OWP approved
Apr 10 - Eligibility processing
Apr 11 - DM on both sides in ECAS

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Is this like official thing or this is how you think what looking for?

Because every other sponsorship program which requires financial support only looks at one year time span
It's official and here is the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1355&top=14 for the undertaking. Also, your sponsor (husband) had to sign the unconditional undertaking in his initial sponsorship application on IM1344, which was submitted already back in August along with your PR application.

Angel1029

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
You submitted anything yet?

yes i did submitted everything inhave like my life insurance, healthc insurance beneifts, bank statements and i also submit statutory declaration of commonlaw. since my case is were only on common law. i just jeep our fingers close that hopefully things will turn out better.coz were already so stress on this situation..

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Ok thanks, its 3 years...children are not sponsored
If I read correctly, your husband was unemployed when the app was submitted. That's certainly not a disqualification, but in these instances IRCC likes to see evidence of past employment, as well as some sort of explanation/proof getting a job in the future won't be a significant issue. The letter they sent you is nerve-wracking for sure, but it does seem like your husband has a few things he can provide to strengthen his case, such as those emails showing your husband is actively job-hunting.

mightymoe

Mar 30, 2019
If I read correctly, your husband was unemployed when the app was submitted. That's certainly not a disqualification, but in these instances IRCC likes to see evidence of past employment, as well as some sort of explanation/proof getting a job in the future won't be a significant issue. The letter they sent you is nerve-wracking for sure, but it does seem like your husband has a few things he can provide to strengthen his case, such as those emails showing your husband is actively job-hunting.
Yes, we applied 2 months after moving here.

My husband is not worried about because as you said there are no reason disqualification and we know alot of cases where a wife sponsored her husband or the opposite with 0 income

Jessica_D

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
Winnipeg
Just checked our GCKey and we got a ghost update today! :)

Timeline:
October 24th: Inland Application & Open Work Permit Application sent
October 25th: Received by CIC
November 9th: AOR received
November 14th: Application linked to GCKey
November 19th: OWP Application linked to GCKey
January 8th: MR requested
January 18th: MR completed
January 27th: MR passed
February 12th: OWP approved
February 17th: Background check started
April 11th: Ghost update!

AndHern15

Nov 16, 2018
Update...

Today we got a request letter.

They wanted a proof of cohabitation, even though we already sent them the rent contract and joint bank account statements with the application. What else should we send them this time? ... i know people would say send them pics but believe me after 10 years of marriage you dont take pics as much as before :)

They also asked for travel history of the sponsor “husband” and and tax returns for 2017 and 2018 even though we were living overseas in 2017 and arrived to canada late 2018, august to be exact.

They also asked for employment history of husband, wonder if they want his history overseas or just since arriving to canada, he is still looking for a job but has many emails proving that he applied for jobs, what should we do in this case?
I would send them receipts (cellphones, internet, hydro) arriving to the same address. Your lease contract, signed by both of you and maybe some letter from friends saying you actualy live together. Anything that shows you actually live together, even when you were abroad.

alinas42

Sep 26, 2018
Congrat to everyone who have been getting updates from CIC. I got a ghost update on 27th March but after that it has been really quiet. My application was recieved on 2nd October.

Anyone from the same timeline get any updates?