+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

rstuckert

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
I copied this from sep group taught people might be interested:

At the interview, you are going to get a CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence - a piece of paper with a bunch of bar codes). After getting it, you are looking at about another 45 days + delivery time until you receive your physical PR card in the mail. While you are waiting, you can use it to get your permanent SIN (Social Insurance Number) at your nearest Service Canada Centre.

Also DM means Decision Made; however, there are 3 different types of DMs:
  • 1st one will show up on the status of your Sponsor's eCAS (change from "In Process" to "Decision Made"), which transitions into SA (Sponsor Approval), and when your Sponsor gets an approval, he or she will be receiving an email confirming his or her eligibility to sponsor you to become a PR.
  • 2nd DM will be for yourself (the Principal Applicant). It is a status update from "In Process" to "Decision Made" on the PA's side on eCAS, which will transition into AIP (Approved in Principle), and when you get Approved in Principle, you will be receiving an email confirming that you have been determined to be eligible for a permanent residency in Canada.
  • 3rd DM will be an email confirming that your application for your Permanent Residency has been successfully completed and tells you to wait for a further instruction from your nearest CIC/IRCC office for your Landing Interview, which you already have.
Since I explained about the different types of DMs already, I might as well cover the other transitional updates LOL:
  • "Ghost" update: The very first update that applicants notice when they randomly (but frequently) check their MyCIC/GCKey account after weeks/months of silence from CIC/IRCC. It will say "Application/profile updated" but when you check, there won't be anything new and it changes back to "Submitted" when you go back to the main status page. It basically means that someone accessed your application and reviewing it, and you will be getting progressive updates very soon. Some applicants had further updates on the same day of getting a "ghost" update but some had to wait 3 weeks.
  • Status change on MyCIC/GCKey from "Your application in progress" to "We are reviewing your eligibility". Most applicants get it right after getting a "ghost" update. It means exactly what it is - someone is reviewing your eligibility and soon you will get a DM.
  • A 2nd new line added on eCAS on the PA's side informing that CIC/IRCC started processing the PA's application. It will say "We started processing PA's application on date". This will transition later into a DM on eCAS on the PA's side.
I don’t know if it’s true, coz I got AIP on March 29, but my status is still “In Process”

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Hi! It’s written there! I sent the restoration+ owp together on December 8 and had it approved on March 13, so 3 months.
I know! :)
I was wondering if you ever found out when you were applying how long you were expected to wait. I see the 3 months but did you know it would be 3?

I am asking because my status was restored Jan 25th. So I am curiously hopeful that it will be similar processing time as yours. The thing is I did not send my OWP with restoration.

rstuckert

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
I know! :)
I was wondering if you ever found out when you were applying how long you were expected to wait. I see the 3 months but did you know it would be 3?

I am asking because my status was restored Jan 25th. So I am curiously hopeful that it will be similar processing time as yours. The thing is I did not send my OWP with restoration.
Oh sorry, I missread your question. Yeah, I remember calling them beginning of January and they told me the expected date, and I received it on this exactly date.

canadian.forever

Mar 29, 2019
Guys, we didn't receive any emails after the 'decision made' status on ECAS (we got it 2 days ago), is it normal? The gckey is still showing 'In process'. Thanks!

Last edited:

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Oh sorry, I missread your question. Yeah, I remember calling them beginning of January and they told me the expected date, and I received it on this exactly date.
Good to know! I hope mine falls in the same category. When I called they told me standard processing times around 4 months. I sure hope it is closer to what you had. Thanks for the input!

Reactions: rstuckert

rstuckert

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Good to know! I hope mine falls in the same category. When I called they told me standard processing times around 4 months. I sure hope it is closer to what you had. Thanks for the input!
That’s what they told me before I sent it. A few weeks later, I called them again to ask for the App number and also what would be the expected date. Good luck for you!

Reactions: NHLNFL

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
That’s what they told me before I sent it. A few weeks later, I called them again to ask for the App number and also what would be the expected date. Good luck for you!
Okay! And then they told you 3 months processing time from date of receipt? Thank you!

Oct 10, 2018
did you get an eligibility letter that you passed? coz i got a letter and im wondering whats next. and hows it will take till to get a decision made or any instruction whats next
I got AIP and SA last week. And then received the email for interview. So urs should be coming soon.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019

Mark Robinson

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
I have a question, what’s this interview all about? What exactly do they ask? Will everyone attend this interview before getting a favourable/positive decision on their application. What do they normally ask people?
Somebody with information, please help?

Last edited:

Fopogi26

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
I have a question, what’s this interview all about? What exactly do they ask? Will everyone attend this interview before getting a favourable/positive decision on their application. What do they normally ask people?
Somebody with information, please help?
did they ask you for relatioship interview after getting AIP n SA?
or is it just finalization documents interview?