+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

Ashie

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
I just wanna say THANK YOU SO MUCH for everyone here for being a part of our journey to PR. Thanks for helping out and giving me reassurance again and again every time I post and rant.
Again thank you!
For those October applicants that are still waiting, just hold on~ good news is on the way.

Mark Robinson

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
Just to confirm that I received my PR Card in the mail today. I want to take this opportunity to appreciate everyone and say thank you to everyone who has contributed towards information shared on this thread. Thank you all and I wished everyone else success with their application.

Good luck to everyone waiting. My timeline below!

[Inland Applicant]

Local Office: Etobicoke, ON

• Oct 10, 2018 - Application sent
  • Oct 12, 2018 - Application received by CIC Mississauga
  • Nov 26, 2018 - AOR received
  • Nov 29, 2018 - OWP and PR Application linked on MyCIC
  • Dec 21, 2018 - Medical Requested
  • Dec 27, 2018 - Medical Done & Completed (Clinic & Blood test & X-ray)
  • Jan 05, 2019 - Medical Passed
  • Jan 17, 2019 - Background check started
  • Mar 08, 2019 - OWP Approved
  • Mar 28, 2019 - Ghost Update
  • April 10, 2019 - Ghost Update
  • April 18, 2019 - SP Approved & DM made ECAS
  • April 10, 2019 - DM on the side of the Sponsor on ECAS
  • April 10, 2019 - Foreign Police Certificate Requested on PA side
  • April 15, 2019 - Foreign Police Certificate Submitted
  • April 10, 2019 - Eligibility Passed / AIP
  • July 15, 2019 - Landing Interview E-mail from Etobicoke Office
  • July 19, 2019 - DM Letter of Application Completed
  • July 26, 2019 - Landing Interview at Etobicoke, ON & PR Card to be Linked on GCKey
  • July 26, 2019 - Confirmation of Permanent Resident Approved and & PR Card Mailed
  • Aug 06, 2019 - PR Card Received

chocococo

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
October 17 applicant from QC. After a few months of silence (february), we received SA and AIP this week. We are hopeful this means we are getting closer to the end of this process (knock on all the wood).

For those of you still waiting to hear something, it’s coming! We called IRCC and talked to a wonderful agent last week. I wonder if they are the reason why our file moved along a little this week.

BettyLoo

Jan 28, 2018
Can someone tell me about their process and times from sending off their spousal sponsorship applications please.

We usually receive emails from cic, I used to call frequently and hear the updates for our application.
But for the past few months they’re having technical difficulties obtaining the info. So I can’t hear any updates.

This is our timeline so far:

1. Received application in Mississauga in October 2018.
2. Need more documents to process application (which was a second police report which was already sent of)
3. Passed medical exam
4. You do not need an interview
5. You do not need to provide fingerprints.
6. Processing background (which links in to number two)
7. June 2019 received email: application has been transferred to Edmonton office for further assessment.

We haven’t had updates since.
Does this mean our application has not yet been process? Or is it close to a final decision?
Will I need an interview later? - does every application have an interview.

If anyone could give me a rough timeline of their experience that would be great.

Thank you so much.

rstuckert

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Can someone tell me about their process and times from sending off their spousal sponsorship applications please.

We usually receive emails from cic, I used to call frequently and hear the updates for our application.
But for the past few months they’re having technical difficulties obtaining the info. So I can’t hear any updates.

2. Need more documents to process application (which was a second police report which was already sent of)
3. Passed medical exam
7. June 2019 received email: application has been transferred to Edmonton office for further assessment.

Does this mean our application has not yet been process? Or is it close to a final decision?

If anyone could give me a rough timeline of their experience that would be great.

Thank you so much.
No news since AIP and SA. Here it is my timeline:

App received: October 3rd

AOR: October 25th

CSQ request: October 31st

CSQ app sent: November 6

CSQ approved: November 28

Restoration + OWP sent: December 8

Medical request: December 12

Medical done: December 27

Medical passed: January 7

Background check started: January 16

Restoration + OWP approved: March 13

Ghost update: March 18

AIP: March 29

SA letter: April 3rd

Last edited:

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018

3. Passed medical exam

Thank you so much.
If your file was transferred for further assessment then expect delays, request for more proofs and a possible relationship interview