+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

ottawa-pr

Sep 20, 2016
sidestep4u said:
and for cic standard processing time is 12 months. so u have to think - how can u say unacceptable
The main problem is everyone knows that 12 months is not the average and hasn't been for a while now. So you see other people get through the system much faster than you and nobody explains what accounts for difference and that is obviously upsetting to many.

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
when u wait for 4 yr to apply

to aquire cant u wait 1 year( although it doesnt take much )

if some one cant . then something wrong with their common sense

STKHAN

Star Member
Dec 16, 2016
ali393 said:
Hello Guys!

Posting here after few months in order to update my process.

November 14- Asked for fingerprints
November 24- Fingerprints sent
January 18, 2017- Fingerprints received and file updated.
March 30- Test Invite
April 21- Test/Interview
April 21- Oath Letter
April 21- Oath taken (Now a Canadian Citizen)

From which city you applied.

ottawa-pr

Sep 20, 2016
ali393 said:
Hello Guys!

Posting here after few months in order to update my process.

November 14- Asked for fingerprints
November 24- Fingerprints sent
January 18, 2017- Fingerprints received and file updated.
March 30- Test Invite
April 21- Test/Interview
April 21- Oath Letter
April 21- Oath taken (Now a Canadian Citizen)
Congratulations! May I ask how you got to do everything on the same day?

ottawa-pr

Sep 20, 2016
sidestep4u said:
when u wait for 4 yr to apply

to aquire cant u wait 1 year( although it doesnt take much )

if some one cant . then something wrong with their common sense
In my hypothetical the problem is everyone else also waited 4 years. This is about fairness.

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
ottawa-pr said:
In my hypothetical the problem is everyone else also waited 4 years. This is about fairness.
if u want fairness then go and ask this q during interview to the officer?

this arguments are usless

B0kkie

Dec 22, 2016
ottawa-pr said:
The main problem is everyone knows that 12 months is not the average and hasn't been for a while now. So you see other people get through the system much faster than you and nobody explains what accounts for difference and that is obviously upsetting to many.
It is easy to work yourself up - I look at the time lapses between the steps in my application so far, and some are in line with most other people in the forum, and others are shorter, or longer, and I have to remind myself to just remain patient. Keep in mind firstly that the people in this forum represent less than 1% of the total number of applicants the CIC has to process, and the fact that on average people in the forum get processed in less than a year, might not reflect the overall statistics. Secondly, there are so many variables to each application - the office that is processing your application, the official who is processing your application, the other cases that person has to deal with (there might be another case in that person's case load that is taking up more time, and slowing down the process for everybody else in that cohort), everybody that official has to rely on for verification of your information, each applicant's unique circumstances...

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paulvoyer said:
Hello imran01
I am having a tricky question ,, here is my situation
1- I had a citizenship test back on 03/13/17 and for my bad luck ,, I missed it ,, I arrived late and I missed it ,, and before that I was asked to do a FingerPrint on 02/16 which was done and sent on 02/23/2017 ,,, so my current situation is ,, I am still waiting to be rescheduled for final test ,,,
today I called 1888-242-2100 ,, and I asked the agent
1- is my file consider non-routine ,, he said no ,, the file is still consider routine
2- also he said that my file is on retest

so my question would be ,, after missing the 1st test and asked to have a FP ,, do you think that my file would still consider routine ?????
thank you
at that stage its not meaningful weather it is routine or non-routine..don't feel sad after reading the definition of non routine on the cic website...if your application took more then 12 months then you start thinking about this question :)

in my opinion you will get the retest between 1-3 month time frame...if you send the explanation letter for missing your schedule test...

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jollie
Richie888
TJP
jjedm
Mohan
OH
Alejandrito
attakhan
Kdays18
coldgirl
Nawab
DeeCee
Peter mac
Raja
Chintu
behsuz
sharma2016
JL
Julia
Ria Rita
Frankie
Basset
SzN
Pramod

Any Update guys... Atleast say NO .. haha

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
Hello imran01

thank you so much for answering back ,,, hoping that I will get the retest soon
it is just waiting , waiting and waiting

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Imran, check your status, man. I got mine:

We sent you a notice on May 2, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 18, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Shyurun79

shyurun79 said:

We sent you a notice on May 2, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 18, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shyurun79 said:

spreadsheet updated