RENANMATAYA said:
Here Is my Timeline

October 20th 2014 - sent app
October 23rd 2014 - received app
Nov. 26th 2014 - started processing app
Dec. 20th 2014 - recieve AOR

ECAS ----IN PROCESS,

Whats next?
Recieve Test Invitation March 5th for March 30th test.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to all whose files are moving. My file is stuck at "In Process" since Nov 14, 2014 and no update at all on my RQ which was received by Mississauga on 31st Dec and transferred to Scarborough on 21st Jan.

fzs2007

Mar 8, 2015
Hi I am a a March Applicant and I need your help desparately. I am applying for my wife, daughter and myself. We travelled outside Canada from Dec 12th 2014 Till Jan 5 th 2015. I got an Entry Stamp/Seal while enterring Canada but we just found out that my wife and Daughter didnt get the stamp showing the date of Entry. I am eligible since 15th March and I am completely lost about it, because all my friends sendt the pages of the passport with exit and entry stamp and I understand that after the written exam during the short interview they actually check for these entry exit stamps. I am freaking out. My questions to you all seniors and who got situations like thse :

1.Should I get copies of CSBA report and attach with this application?
2. How long will it take to get it?\
3. Will it be an issue in the mind of the case officer if they see that i have asked for the CSBA report? Should I include with my application?
4. Is it common for people to not get these stamps often?
5. Would they accept the entry/ exit stamp of my country?

Pls help.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Had my test and interview today.

Here is my experience;

I am working on a project, therefore I didn't get enough sleep last night (I skimmed through the discover Canada book, primary mode of study was practice questions). Note: Only trust discover Canada

1. I arrived 2 hrs early (test was 1:15pm) feeling tired and spent some time at the mall to pass the time.
2. We were led to a room where we were given instructions on filling out information on the scantron. After, we were given the test booklet.
3. Finished the test under 5 mins and went to the waiting room to be called for the interview.
4. 5 mins later, I was called by the interviewer into an office. The official told me her name but I was too tired to remember. (I scored 20/20)
5. My interview lasted for a minute or less. All she told me was present my passport, PR card, IDs and landing paper which I did. She asked of I have had any trip outside Canada since I landed (I said No). She flipped through the pages of my passport to confirm. After that, she scribbled some things on a document. Handed all my documents back to me and told me she's satisfied. Told me to expect my ceremony in 2- 4 weeks and greeted me goodbye. I said bye and went on my way.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
fzs2007 said:
Hi I am a a March Applicant and I need your help desparately. I am applying for my wife, daughter and myself. We travelled outside Canada from Dec 12th 2014 Till Jan 5 th 2015. I got an Entry Stamp/Seal while enterring Canada but we just found out that my wife and Daughter didnt get the stamp showing the date of Entry. I am eligible since 15th March and I am completely lost about it, because all my friends sendt the pages of the passport with exit and entry stamp and I understand that after the written exam during the short interview they actually check for these entry exit stamps. I am freaking out. My questions to you all seniors and who got situations like thse :

3. Will it be an issue in the mind of the case officer if they see that i have asked for the CSBA report? Should I include with my application?

Pls help.
please check:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/december-2014-citizenship-applicants-t253479.0.html;msg4150755#msg4150755

Oct20

Nov 11, 2014
dav3000 said:
Had my test and interview today.

Here is my experience;

I am working on a project, therefore I didn't get enough sleep last night (I skimmed through the discover Canada book, primary mode of study was practice questions). Note: Only trust discover Canada

1. I arrived 2 hrs early (test was 1:15pm) feeling tired and spent some time at the mall to pass the time.
2. We were led to a room where we were given instructions on filling out information on the scantron. After, we were given the test booklet.
3. Finished the test under 5 mins and went to the waiting room to be called for the interview.
4. 5 mins later, I was called by the interviewer into an office. The official told me her name but I was too tired to remember. (I scored 20/20)
5. My interview lasted for a minute or less. All she told me was present my passport, PR card, IDs and landing paper which I did. She asked of I have had any trip outside Canada since I landed (I said No). She flipped through the pages of my passport to confirm. After that, she did that she scribbled some things on a document. Handed all my documents back to me and told me she's satisfied. Told me to expect my ceremony in 2- 4 weeks and greeted me goodbye. I said bye and went on my way.
Congratulations

sarezaei

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fzs2007 said:

Pls help.
Don't worry. Once I was entering Canada and I realized that officer didn't stamp my passport. I went back to the line and asked her, and she told me for permanent residences they don't stamp!

I freaked out at that time and requested CSBA report, and in the report the entry was mentioned. In the application file it is mentioned that you do not need to send copies of CSBA reports with your application. If you want to be sure about it, request an online copy and keep it with you to show to the officer at time of interview.

Skakeholder

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada faces dramatic drop in citizenship, prompting concerns about disengaged immigrants
New rules and fees appear to be raising barriers to becoming Canadian, with rates dropping from 79% to 26% between 2000 and 2008 newcomers.
http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2015/03/24/canada-faces-dramatic-drop-in-citizenship-prompting-concerns-about-disengaged-immigrants.html

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But CIC complained of the excessive application case volume at the same time.

What is going on?

Skakeholder said:
Canada faces dramatic drop in citizenship, prompting concerns about disengaged immigrants
New rules and fees appear to be raising barriers to becoming Canadian, with rates dropping from 79% to 26% between 2000 and 2008 newcomers.
http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2015/03/24/canada-faces-dramatic-drop-in-citizenship-prompting-concerns-about-disengaged-immigrants.html

racx

Mar 20, 2015
From Brampton

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 31, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 10, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 8, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

4.We started processing your application on January 6, 2015.

5.Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on January 19, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

6.We sent you a notice on March 17, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 1, 2015.

AimHigher1

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Brampton
Visa Office......
Parents Sponsorship Mom + DAD on Supervisa Living in Brampton with us
NOC Code......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
Hi.

I and my wife gave our citizenship test on March 16,2015 at Mississauga. Passed 20/20. Received oath letter On March 20. The date on the letter is March 17 and the oath Ceremony is on March 30, coming Monday. So our applications were received by CIC on Oct 06,2014 and Oath is March 30,2015. Within 6 months. Even the delay was because my name is very common and it matched with someone else who got a criminal record. So I submitted my fingerprints to St. Clair office. So thats why it was delayed about three - four week. But still I am happy that within six months, on March 30 we are becoming Canadian Citizens. Test was easy. Interview was very normal. They checked all documents and said you will get your oath letter within month but luckily got a letter after four days in a post. Thanks everyone for your support and good luck!! Aimhigher.

ynany1027

Oct 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats AimHigher1.
6 months is a acceptable processing time. (advertising at 3 month is too short and not realistic at all)
Just learned that in Winnipeg, the test comes around 1 year after initial application, which is not acceptable considering there is a faster process available in GTA.

Canstar

Mar 27, 2015
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 14, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 14, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 21, 2014.

ANYONE KNOWS WHAT NEXT?

Dadu

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2010
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
15-10-2010
Med's Request
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
08-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2011
LANDED..........
06-06-2011
Timeline as follows, Vancouver visa office:

Citizenship:
Date Received => 29-SEP-2014
Processing Started =>24-NOV-2014
AOR via Mail => Sometime in october or november
Fingerprints request => 16-JAN-2015
Fingerprints done => 26-Jan-2015
Test invitation => received on Mar 5th
Test completed => March 26th

now waiting for oath invitation...

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canstar said:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 14, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 14, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 21, 2014.

ANYONE KNOWS WHAT NEXT?
Your file will transfer to local cic office then you will get test date .