AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Actually I did my test March 28th in Hamilton. I was not given any paper that relates to prohibition to sign on that day.
Anyone else took the test in Hamilton can confirm having signed this paper on the test day or not?
Same with me. I did my test on March 12 in Hamilton and I didnt sign any paper except for the test answer and the correction in my application date. What is that paper anyway?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Actually I did my test March 28th in Hamilton. I was not given any paper that relates to prohibition to sign on that day.
Anyone else took the test in Hamilton can confirm having signed this paper on the test day or not?
Didn't the interviewer ask you to sign anything? Do you have DM already?

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Attendant the PI interview most applicants must sign the form verifying they are not subject to any prohibitions, which is very similar in format to item 16 in the current application form (the 10-2017 version). Most must sign such a form again as part of the oath ceremony check-in process as well.

Typically the interviewer asks a question (actual form of question varies) about whether there has been a change in any of the prohibition related situations, and if the response is "no" (which of course it usually is for the vast majority of applicants, no arrests since applying, no being reported at the border for a breach of the PR RO, and so on) the interviewer may simply present the prohibitions form for the applicant to sign. So it makes sense that many might not specifically recognize what the document is.

That said, the prudent thing to do is to read anything you sign, read it enough to at least have an idea what you are signing.

Reactions: hime

PCD2013

Jan 8, 2013
Didn't the interviewer ask you to sign anything? Do you have DM already?
no I wasn't asked to sign anything. my application is still IP. and when i received my GCMS notes it states "Prohibition" in process. this is the only thing left on the list. which made me wonder if something is missing.

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

Fwheelbooler

Nov 13, 2017
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 26, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 12, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 27, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 1, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I did my fingerprint test as soon as I got the letter in February. The status has not been updated yet.

Anyone going through the same? I know I'm still under the 12 month processing time so I'm not sure if I should wait more or do something about it!
I have almost exactly the same timeline for every step, sent FP on Feb 7th, no other updates or test invite yet...

You’re not alone!

Reactions: madmax

hime

Jun 15, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
22-05-2015
no I wasn't asked to sign anything. my application is still IP. and when i received my GCMS notes it states "Prohibition" in process. this is the only thing left on the list. which made me wonder if something is missing.
I was also asked to sign the paper explaining if i had any issue with Law enforcement or boarder services. Which I didn't so I signed.

There was another paper that I signed saying that the content of my application is correct.

After that, the interviewer informed me that my security clearance is still not complete, sometime it takes time. So they will wait for it before they send me oath invite which shall be in 3 months.

Last edited: