Med's Done....
11-05-2015
Passport Req..
26-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
09-06-2015
Hello, I've received the update for the Citizenship oath on March 2nd, and my oath is scheduled to be on March 16th! Please update the spreadsheet.

Cheers!

J.S

Jul 13, 2015
Hello,
I am doing calcuation on days.
I used to visit states only for dinner / shopping. Most of the time i returned same day or sometimes late night 2:00 AM

I do not remember the dates. Any sugsestion.
Border is just 10 minuets from my home.
Thanks

Jamie_D

Sep 13, 2013
Hello,
I am doing calcuation on days.
I used to visit states only for dinner / shopping. Most of the time i returned same day or sometimes late night 2:00 AM

I do not remember the dates. Any sugsestion.
Border is just 10 minuets from my home.
Thanks
If you are not a US citizen, I would suggest you go to the I94 website (https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/history-search) and pull up your US travel history. It should contain most if not all of your US travel histories for the past 5 years.

saini01

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Looking at spread sheet for oct 2017. It seems mostly single’s application in process have not yet received the test invite. I am wondering whether most or all are seniors?

Just trying to calculate the time for my father for when we should expect for his test interview invite. Thanks

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looking at spread sheet for oct 2017. It seems mostly single’s application in process have not yet received the test invite. I am wondering whether most or all are seniors?

Just trying to calculate the time for my father for when we should expect for his test interview invite. Thanks
I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. Processing times depend on a variety of things. Assume 12 months as outlined and you'll likely be presently surprised.

Reactions: saini01

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
Okay, so I am going to the test this Saturday. I have been reading Discover Canada. I read it about 10 times already and I am not worried about the multiple choice test anymore... I think I prepared well, and I still have 5 days to practice with my spouse...

I have a few questions to those who recently attended. Could you please share your experience with me and others?

1. Things we are supposed to have with us are all the originals of documents listed in the check list. That's what it says. So we are grabbing all of our passports (the expired ones and the new ones), stamp translations (Mississauga office does not ask for them though, it is NOT in the letter, they don't say anything about translating stamps), our college diplomas and transcripts... Do we need to have all the forms we submitted?

2. What is the dress code? I was thinking business casual... I do not want to overdress because I simply do not have time to go to Dufferin Mall and buy new clothes... I do have some official clothing but to be honest it has been at least 2 years since I wore it (same goes for my spouse) and it is not good anymore. I do not care about money, I could easily afford to buy new jacket etc., I simply do not have time, I work 9-6 and then I have obligations after that, so my dilemma is IS IT OKAY TO BE DRESSED IN BUSINESS CASUAL? Do they care?

3. We traveled quite a bit (2-3 vacations every year for 7-10 days). It is not a lot of days but it is about 8-12 vacations in the eligibility period. We have all the stamps in our passports etc. I have been collecting all boarding passes since I knew this day would come. Should I take all of that extra proof with me that we only traveled for vacation reasons? Or is it an overkill? How appropriate would that be to whip out boarding passes and show them to the officer?

Those are all my questions, if someone could share, that would be greatly appreciated...

SIMO1983

Feb 27, 2018
Hi guys,

I have sent my app on

the 13th of October 2017
Received on the 16th of October 2017

Till now. I have not received any email or mail regarding my app , and whenever I call them they say that they have a high volume of apps on October.

anybody have the same issue or it just me ??

any suggestions plz???

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Okay, so I am going to the test this Saturday. I have been reading Discover Canada. I read it about 10 times already and I am not worried about the multiple choice test anymore... I think I prepared well, and I still have 5 days to practice with my spouse...

I have a few questions to those who recently attended. Could you please share your experience with me and others?

1. Things we are supposed to have with us are all the originals of documents listed in the check list. That's what it says. So we are grabbing all of our passports (the expired ones and the new ones), stamp translations (Mississauga office does not ask for them though, it is NOT in the letter, they don't say anything about translating stamps), our college diplomas and transcripts... Do we need to have all the forms we submitted?

2. What is the dress code? I was thinking business casual... I do not want to overdress because I simply do not have time to go to Dufferin Mall and buy new clothes... I do have some official clothing but to be honest it has been at least 2 years since I wore it (same goes for my spouse) and it is not good anymore. I do not care about money, I could easily afford to buy new jacket etc., I simply do not have time, I work 9-6 and then I have obligations after that, so my dilemma is IS IT OKAY TO BE DRESSED IN BUSINESS CASUAL? Do they care?

3. We traveled quite a bit (2-3 vacations every year for 7-10 days). It is not a lot of days but it is about 8-12 vacations in the eligibility period. We have all the stamps in our passports etc. I have been collecting all boarding passes since I knew this day would come. Should I take all of that extra proof with me that we only traveled for vacation reasons? Or is it an overkill? How appropriate would that be to whip out boarding passes and show them to the officer?

Those are all my questions, if someone could share, that would be greatly appreciated...
1.) You don't need to have the forms you submitted. But its good to give it a read before you go for the interview to refresh your memory.

2.) There is no code and they don't really care how you dress, its up to you.

3.) Most likely additional proof will not be required, but if you have boarding passes/ticket printouts handy, there's no harm in taking them with you. I did have mine, but wasn't asked for any additional proof - the officer told me that the travel i've declared in the form matched exactly with the Travel History they've received from CBSA.

4) Good luck with the interview and test! :)

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

1) Just what it asks for. No need to over complicate. Any "originals", passports, COPR, PR card etc etc. Exactly as it asks for on the letter.

2) There is no dress code.

3) No. Just take what it asks for. Total overkill.

Reactions: ukulele

btbt

Feb 26, 2018

1- There's been quite a bit of discussion about the translations in other posts on the forum, so I'm not going to rehash that stuff here. If you have them, take them. It may save you some time. You don't need the forms you submitted, but reviewing the forms so you know how you worded things can be convenient.

2- There is no dress code. I would recommend against slogan t-shirts or ratty clothing, but beyond that it's not going to matter.

3- Take that information with you, but don't present it unless the officer seems unconvinced about something in your travel history. In that case you can mention that you brought proofs of your travel, and offer to hand it over.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1- There's been quite a bit of discussion about the translations in other posts on the forum, so I'm not going to rehash that stuff here. If you have them, take them. It may save you some time. You don't need the forms you submitted, but reviewing the forms so you know how you worded things can be convenient.

2- There is no dress code. I would recommend against slogan t-shirts or ratty clothing, but beyond that it's not going to matter.

3- Take that information with you, but don't present it unless the officer seems unconvinced about something in your travel history. In that case you can mention that you brought proofs of your travel, and offer to hand it over.
Only take what is requested. Don't take "extras". If they wanted further evidence, they would ask you to submit it in writing.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Only take what is requested. Don't take "extras". If they wanted further evidence, they would ask you to submit it in writing.
There is at least anecdotal evidence that being able to present some types of evidence (translations of stamps, travel history) at the interview can expedite the process.

Handing over a ridiculous stack of documents without being prompted for it is not likely to be useful (and may be counterproductive), but that is not what is being recommended.