+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

Hey

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Okay, so I am going to the test this Saturday. I have been reading Discover Canada. I read it about 10 times already and I am not worried about the multiple choice test anymore... I think I prepared well, and I still have 5 days to practice with my spouse...

I have a few questions to those who recently attended. Could you please share your experience with me and others?

1. Things we are supposed to have with us are all the originals of documents listed in the check list. That's what it says. So we are grabbing all of our passports (the expired ones and the new ones), stamp translations (Mississauga office does not ask for them though, it is NOT in the letter, they don't say anything about translating stamps), our college diplomas and transcripts... Do we need to have all the forms we submitted?

2. What is the dress code? I was thinking business casual... I do not want to overdress because I simply do not have time to go to Dufferin Mall and buy new clothes... I do have some official clothing but to be honest it has been at least 2 years since I wore it (same goes for my spouse) and it is not good anymore. I do not care about money, I could easily afford to buy new jacket etc., I simply do not have time, I work 9-6 and then I have obligations after that, so my dilemma is IS IT OKAY TO BE DRESSED IN BUSINESS CASUAL? Do they care?

3. We traveled quite a bit (2-3 vacations every year for 7-10 days). It is not a lot of days but it is about 8-12 vacations in the eligibility period. We have all the stamps in our passports etc. I have been collecting all boarding passes since I knew this day would come. Should I take all of that extra proof with me that we only traveled for vacation reasons? Or is it an overkill? How appropriate would that be to whip out boarding passes and show them to the officer?

Those are all my questions, if someone could share, that would be greatly appreciated...

Be yourself without any extra non sense

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
I wrote mine since 13 Feb and I am still waiting. How long do you think we still have to wait? Any idea?
Same here, I wrote the test on Feb 13 in Saskatoon and waiting......

srbhsoman

Mar 5, 2018
New here. My timeline:

Application type: Single
Application sent: October 15, 2017
Application received: October 19, 2017
AOR: November 28, 2017
In Process: January 3, 2018
Test Invitation: January 25, 2018
Test: February 22, 2018 (Passed 20/20, still waiting for DM)

I think I am one of those cases where they haven't sent DM within 2-3 days. At interview, I was told that it will take 3 to 4 months before oath ceremony happens. :(

nirvana555

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally took my oath on March 2 at Mississauga center. It was a very well organized event and we end up getting our citizenship certificate. We were asked to wait for two business days before we apply for passports to give enough time for Service Canada's systems to be updated.

I want to thank this forum with my deepest gratitude in helping me all the way from work permit to PR and now to citizenship. I wish all fellow forum members good luck and best wishes in any of their immigration matters that they are dealing with.

lonleyplanet1995

Jan 13, 2018
Thanks for the reply .My second question is we moved to Canada in Nov 2014. I worked only 10 days in 2014 n my wife didn't work but we did file our tax returns for 2014.similarly we did file tax returns in 2015 n 2016 .what do you think will it be sufficient or we should wait for 2017 tax return ?
Finally took my oath on March 2 at Mississauga center. It was a very well organized event and we end up getting our citizenship certificate. We were asked to wait for two business days before we apply for passports to give enough time for Service Canada's systems to be updated.

I want to thank this forum with my deepest gratitude in helping me all the way from work permit to PR and now to citizenship. I wish all fellow forum members good luck and best wishes in any of their immigration matters that they are dealing with.
guys can someone please guide me to the fast place for my application to give fingerprint in Montreal ?

RP1

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
New here. My timeline:

Application type: Single
Application sent: October 15, 2017
Application received: October 19, 2017
AOR: November 28, 2017
In Process: January 3, 2018
Test Invitation: January 25, 2018
Test: February 22, 2018 (Passed 20/20, still waiting for DM)

I think I am one of those cases where they haven't sent DM within 2-3 days. At interview, I was told that it will take 3 to 4 months before oath ceremony happens. :(

i believe it is according to the officer, he/she approves the application, then sends it to the oath section who update the status when the oath is scheduled or close to be scheduled

lonleyplanet1995

Jan 13, 2018
guys can someone please guide me to the fast place to give fingerprint in Montreal ? Private companies or local police office , where should I go for fast service ??

lonleyplanet1995

Jan 13, 2018
I know this link thanks but i'm asking people who submitted their fingerprint about the fastest procedures that my fingerprint result will reach CIC in few days not in few weeks or months , where should I go please ?