+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

KK82

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Ottawa
I got AOR and didn't attach the form. I chose YES and then wrote SEE ATTACHED SHEET FOR EXPLANATION. I wrote on a separate piece of paper that this form does not apply to me, but I have lived outside Canada during the eligibility period and I don't want to claim the time as a crown servant.
Thank you for your reply :) I will do the same..

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hope all Oct 11-16 will get AORs on Monday!
Wishful thinking ;)
I called CIC to day to Enquire why Our applications are not processed by CIC for AOR. They told me currently CIC is processing October 12 Applications and after this they will review October 13 applications. He says currently our applications are in que and they have not opened it.I know CIC response is wrong as currently some October 19 and above applications have received AORs. but this is what they told me. So if you have time it is better to call and Enquire about your applications, you may get similar answer but at least this issue will come in to CIC notice.

Reactions: wwe

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
I called CIC to day to Enquire why Our applications are not processed by CIC for AOR. They told me currently CIC is processing October 12 Applications and after this they will review October 13 applications. He says currently our applications are in que and they have not opened it.I know CIC response is wrong as currently some October 19 and above applications have received AORs. but this is what they told me. So if you have time it is better to call and Enquire about your applications, you may get similar answer but at least this issue will come in to CIC notice.
Thanks for the update

LIGHTMOOD

May 23, 2017
hello
I am filling my citizenship application and i want some guidence regarding Question # 11 and Question 9c.
Q#11 : which address they are asking for ? employer's Address or our home Address ?
Q#9c : do we have to attach Form 0177 if we have spent time outside canada and we are not crown servent ?
I specially seek reply from those who have receivd thr AORs ,Please share your knowledge.
Thanks.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
hello
I am filling my citizenship application and i want some guidence regarding Question # 11 and Question 9c.
Q#11 : which address they are asking for ? employer's Address or our home Address ?
Q#9c : do we have to attach Form 0177 if we have spent time outside canada and we are not crown servent ?
I specially seek reply from those who have receivd thr AORs ,Please share your knowledge.
Thanks.
No one who received AOR will have better insight.

The only thing they check before AOR is if you wrote anything (anything!) in the appropriate fields on the forms. They don't care what address it it, if the address makes sense and if the wording makes sense. They only care for the form being filled out and no gaps.

Again, no one will even look or check the address in Question 11 when they give out AOR.

So it is false to assume that anyone who received AOR can give any better information regarding these questions.

LIGHTMOOD

May 23, 2017
No one who received AOR will have better insight.

The only thing they check before AOR is if you wrote anything (anything!) in the appropriate fields on the forms. They don't care what address it it, if the address makes sense and if the wording makes sense. They only care for the form being filled out and no gaps.

Again, no one will even look or check the address in Question 11 when they give out AOR.

So it is false to assume that anyone who received AOR can give any better information regarding these questions.
OK ,
Can you share what is your opinion on these qustions,
thanks.

wwe

Apr 22, 2011
Visa Office......
VFS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 JUNE
Med's Request
12 JULY
Med's Done....
13 JULY
Interview........
28 AUGUST
VISA ISSUED...
30 AUGUST
LANDED..........
SOON INSHALLAH
Atleastyou talked to someone! Ehen I called, they said citizneship inquiry option is busy and they can not transfer me to an agent.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
OK ,
Can you share what is your opinion on these qustions,
thanks.
For Question 9c, I give my opinion here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/c-6-citizenship-applications-frequently-asked-questions.522548/

For Question 11: The question where you are normally phyically present to work.
Example: You live in Mississauga, but work at an office in Toronto for a company whose headquarters are in Calgary.
Then the Toronto address is the correct address. That's where you work.

LIGHTMOOD

May 23, 2017
For Question 9c, I give my opinion here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/c-6-citizenship-applications-frequently-asked-questions.522548/

For Question 11: The question where you are normally phyically present to work.
Example: You live in Mississauga, but work at an office in Toronto for a company whose headquarters are in Calgary.
Then the Toronto address is the correct address. That's where you work.
Thanks. Much appreciated.

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Please add us to the spreadsheet, thank you.

ID: egghead
App. Type: Family (two)
Physical Presence Days: 1500
App Sent: Nov. 17, 2017
App Delivered on: Nov. 21, 2017

JamesBond007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
my home address and mailing address are showing different even though i selected mailing addr same as home addr on application form. my mailing address is super old one, before i came to Canada. it is on their file when i had applied for PR. Shall I contact CIC or update webform or leave as is ? or is it normal ?