+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
we r on same boat ... without waiting we cant do anything ...
keep me posted ..
What puzzles me of all these people spasmodically waiting of an AOR is that, once this wait is over and the AOR has arrived,... they just have to start waiting again... Not really sure about the point of all this.
Study for the exam, that's the only thing you can do and that is within your control. Focus on that.

Reactions: itsmyid

wargo

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Hope in January 2013
Just Received my AOR Nov 20th.
Application Received Oct 18th. No signature on Photos

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello October 13 Applicants
As promised I called CIC to day to Enquire why Our applications are not processed by CIC for AOR. They told me currently CIC is processing October 12 Applications and after this they will review October 13 applications. He says currently our applications are in que and they have not opened it.I know CIC response is wrong as currently some October 19 and above applications have received AORs. but this is what they told me. So if you have time it is better to call and Enquire about your applications, you may get similar answer but at least this issue will come in to CIC notice.
Hi there, I called them too and they gave me the same answer. it seems there are many agents working on October applications, some may have cleared the Oct 11 - Oct 23 applications and that's why many people from these dates got their AoR emails while others are still working on October 11-Oct 23 applications (including mine). The call center agent said that applications are assigned to different officers and if one officer is still working on Oct 12th applications while others have moved to November for example, they report October 12th as the working date on applications. If that makes sense, no worries we will all get AoRs.

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Does tax filing date for citizenship application makes a difference? I filed after April 30th for two of my tax years. I didnt owe any thing to CRA for those years- since I was a student.

bethanasame

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Hi there, I called them too and they gave me the same answer. it seems there are many agents working on October applications, some may have cleared the Oct 11 - Oct 23 applications and that's why many people from these dates got their AoR emails while others are still working on October 11-Oct 23 applications (including mine). The call center agent said that applications are assigned to different officers and if one officer is still working on Oct 12th applications while others have moved to November for example, they report October 12th as the working date on applications. If that makes sense, no worries we will all get AoRs.
I think this might be true. Our applications are with some officers who are taking their time to processing. Not sure how applications gets transferred within the office for example if the officer is on leave or sick or goes to vacation etc.

Reactions: Najimi

itskier

Oct 16, 2017
my home address and mailing address are showing different even though i selected mailing addr same as home addr on application form. my mailing address is super old one, before i came to Canada. it is on their file when i had applied for PR. Shall I contact CIC or update webform or leave as is ? or is it normal ?
It happened to me as well. What I did was updating the address online (when you login to check your application status). It took me about 1.5 weeks to be able to see the change. It shows only the home address now. I assume it's because I change mailing address to be the same as my home address.

craving_soul

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2012
Med's Request
27-03-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Just Received my AOR Nov 20th.
Application Received Oct 18th. No signature on Photos
was there signature required on photos? even i didnt do that

JamesBond007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
It happened to me as well. What I did was updating the address online (when you login to check your application status). It took me about 1.5 weeks to be able to see the change. It shows only the home address now. I assume it's because I change mailing address to be the same as my home address.
Thanks itskier for your reply. I just entered same home address and checked the mailing addr same as home addr on the website. it showed me, it will take 15 days to update on CIC records. did you receive your Discover Canada book through mail (post) ?

itskier

Oct 16, 2017
Thanks itskier for your reply. I just entered same home address and checked the mailing addr same as home addr on the website. it showed me, it will take 15 days to update on CIC records. did you receive your Discover Canada book through mail (post) ?
Not yet. Someone said in here if we got AOR by email, they won't sent the book through the post as they already sent the link in the email.

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Thanks, for the explanation, yes, then we need to wait.