Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
So I called the CIC center again this morning. The agent told me that its very strange that your everything is clear including the security checks/clearances from a long time and they are still progressing your case! He explained that he has only limited excess so he can't see what they are working on (which confused me even more). So as things stand I am in the dark what is happening with my file.

All I can do is wait.

Reactions: NB61

SunnyWays

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
APP STATUS and APP STATUS REASON is left blank?

What does that mean?
I am now very confused. Have they stopped working on my case?
on first page of my GCMS notes it says APP STATUS --OPEN
and App STATUS REASON shows-- TFR-Workload

so if you are seeing the APP STATUS as blank on the first page of your GCMS notes den it is a good idea to try to send a web inquiry to CIC rather den calling them

SoftwareEngg

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
So I called the CIC center again this morning. The agent told me that its very strange that your everything is clear including the security checks/clearances from a long time and they are still progressing your case! He explained that he has only limited excess so he can't see what they are working on (which confused me even more). So as things stand I am in the dark what is happening with my file.

All I can do is wait.
Same response I got it from them

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018

All I can do is wait.
I called the call center more than 20 times . Sometimes I got different information from different agents . For example one time, the agent told me everything has been done and I don't know why you didn't get Decision made. I called the day after the agent told me I dont know what the previous again said to you but I can't see any detail in your file . I called again, the other agent told me background and prohibition and residency still in process. I called after one week the agent told me background checks has been done couple of month a go but residency and prohibition NOT Started . See I got different information just in one week . Finally I requested GCMS Note and found out what exactly going on in my case. And which part has been still in process.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
I called the call center more than 20 times . Sometimes I got different information from different agents . For example one time, the agent told me everything has been done and I don't know why you didn't get Decision made. I called the day after the agent told me I dont know what the previous again said to you but I can't see any detail in your file . I called again, the other agent told me background and prohibition and residency still in process. I called after one week the agent told me background checks has been done couple of month a go but residency and prohibition NOT Started . See I got different information just in one week . Finally I requested GCMS Note and found out what exactly going on in my case. And which part has been still in process.

It's the same story they have no idea what they are doing? The whole system is in mess.

Is there anyone here who has been waiting for more than 15 months?

Reactions: Mehran1

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
on first page of my GCMS notes it says APP STATUS --OPEN
and App STATUS REASON shows-- TFR-Workload

so if you are seeing the APP STATUS as blank on the first page of your GCMS notes den it is a good idea to try to send a web inquiry to CIC rather den calling them

I have done that too. I got the following reply:

"Good day .............,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

So all generic replies nothing specific, they really don't care.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
It's the same story they have no idea what they are doing? The whole system is in mess.

Is there anyone here who has been waiting for more than 15 months?
Waiting for the test invite for more than 15 months now. I stopped calling the useless call center, they just tell me what I can see on eCAS.

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
I have done that too. I got the following reply:

"Good day .............,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

So all generic replies nothing specific, they really don't care.
Exactly the same answer I got. We ask a specific question and they just tell you they will contact you if further information is required, they are so helpful and I think they deserve a raise too. Don't think they are wasting taxpayers' money, right?

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Received email this morning from IRCC.
Applications approved, oath scheduled for Feb 7th.

Please update spreadsheet.

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my ATIP notes today. Prohibition and residency not started yet. But it shows i have passed security check.

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
Got my ATIP notes today. Prohibition and residency not started yet. But it shows i have passed security check.
How long does it take to respond you ? I requested 80 days a go but I didn't receive it . I send email 5th times. Only one time they reply to me 40 days a go and they told me they marked my request and will send it soon .but after 80 days I didn't get responses yet