+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long does it take to respond you ? I requested 80 days a go but I didn't receive it . I send email 5th times. Only one time they reply to me 40 days a go and they told me they marked my request and will send it soon .but after 80 days I didn't get responses yet
I made the request on December 06, 2018. Why not make a new request?

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
I made the request on December 06, 2018. Why not make a new request?
I did again last week . But I have to know what is going on . why they didnt respond my 5th email. Why it took 80 days . In first email they put the flag on my request to be don soon .also I paid $5 . Lol.

Yu2018

Nov 13, 2018
Received email this morning from IRCC.
Applications approved, oath scheduled for Feb 7th.

Please update spreadsheet.
Congrats
Your application type is family of 2. Did every applicant got oath email or you just got one email for the whole family?

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did again last week . But I have to know what is going on . why they didnt respond my 5th email. Why it took 80 days . In first email they put the flag on my request to be don soon .also I paid $5 . Lol.
It does happen. I made a request before and never got any response. I then made a new request. By the way you need not to pay. All the requests i made were not paid for.

Reactions: Mehran1

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
It does happen. I made a request before and never got any response. I then made a new request. By the way you need not to pay. All the requests i made were not paid for.
If you pay $5 then you will also get all the papers attached to your case which is way more detailed as compare to the Privacy request.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
How long does it take to respond you ? I requested 80 days a go but I didn't receive it . I send email 5th times. Only one time they reply to me 40 days a go and they told me they marked my request and will send it soon .but after 80 days I didn't get responses yet
In all of my cases, it always took 30 days as they know I would complain after 30 days so I believe they have that record on the system. The complaint is a different institution which is responsible for the compliance and the link is:

http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Congrats
Your application type is family of 2. Did every applicant got oath email or you just got one email for the whole family?
Both received the same email same day notifying same approval and oath date.
Other family members applied as a different group on a different day and are still in process.

Funny thing. I had sent in a request for my application notes under Privacy Act on Oct 5th. That never came. The application was approved before that.

Thanks.

Yu2018

Nov 13, 2018
Both received the same email same day notifying same approval and oath date.
Other family members applied as a different group on a different day and are still in process.

Funny thing. I had sent in a request for my application notes under Privacy Act on Oct 5th. That never came. The application was approved before that.

Thanks.
Thanks.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi everyone,

I have received an email from my local immigration office today.

"Thank you for your email. Your file is not yet ready to be scheduled for a citizenship ceremony.

As part of the citizenship application process, applicants must receive valid clearances. At this time, one of your clearances is pending. Unfortunately, we are unable to advise you as to when this will be completed, as we are waiting for this clearance to be passed by an external partner.

Please be advised that our office periodically checks your file and will continue its processing as soon as all clearances have been completed.

Please note that you will be notified 3 to 4 weeks in advance of your ceremony."

So after further inquiry, I found that the external partner is CSIS. Further to this, I have requested the computer notes from CSIS via Privacy information Act. So if CIC is telling you that your file is under clearance or security checks then you could send the computer notes request to CSIS. Let's see how helpful they are.

You could also check this post" https://www.thestar.com/news/privacy-blog/2015/05/what-happens-when-you-request-your-csis-file.html"

SunnyWays

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have received an email from my local immigration office today.

"Thank you for your email. Your file is not yet ready to be scheduled for a citizenship ceremony.

As part of the citizenship application process, applicants must receive valid clearances. At this time, one of your clearances is pending. Unfortunately, we are unable to advise you as to when this will be completed, as we are waiting for this clearance to be passed by an external partner.

Please be advised that our office periodically checks your file and will continue its processing as soon as all clearances have been completed.

Please note that you will be notified 3 to 4 weeks in advance of your ceremony."

So after further inquiry, I found that the external partner is CSIS. Further to this, I have requested the computer notes from CSIS via Privacy information Act. So if CIC is telling you that your file is under clearance or security checks then you could send the computer notes request to CSIS. Let's see how helpful they are.
i am sorry to hear that Nazam80, hopefully everything goes well and fast for you, don't lose hope

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Finally, they sent me the Pr Renewal card after one day of opening the pack. At least something is positive. They can work faster if they want to. They accepted the urgent application for PR Card Renewal but not the Citizenship that's weird. I thought its same CIC lol.

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally, they sent me the Pr Renewal card after one day of opening the pack. At least something is positive. They can work faster if they want to. They accepted the urgent application for PR Card Renewal but not the Citizenship that's weird. I thought its same CIC lol.
Sent PR renewal in November. No response till now.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Sent PR renewal in November. No response till now.
That’s normal - I sent my renewal all in September and the card was mailed in mid-December. Once you got AOR it will move quickly. My AOR was less than 2 weeks before the card was mailed