+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
Feeling pretty gutted today. Opened the mailbox, and our family's entire application pack was returned, as CIC claim we did not submit the minimum of 2 forms of ID for the kids. I submitted a copy of their passports, copy of PR card and birth certificates - which are THREE forms of ID....

So someone there didn't even bother to go through all the documents.....

And to make it even worse, it cost me $80 to get the application pack there the first time with UPS - what a waste of money.
Sorry to hear that, looks like IRCC is still in training mode. Just to be on safe side. Please also include your health cards photocopy (best if it has their photo on it) when you send it back. Just call IRCC again to check! Good Luck!

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Feeling pretty gutted today. Opened the mailbox, and our family's entire application pack was returned, as CIC claim we did not submit the minimum of 2 forms of ID for the kids. I submitted a copy of their passports, copy of PR card and birth certificates - which are THREE forms of ID....

And to make it even worse, it cost me $80 to get the application pack there the first time with UPS - what a waste of money.
Sorry to hear that

robw

Mar 10, 2014

Honestly, given that some applicants will probably wait 2+ months to get their AOR, be thankful that you got yours back in 2 weeks. You might actually mail it back today and still get your AOR before people who applied on the 11th lol

paritosh

Jan 12, 2010
Sorry to hear that, looks like IRCC is still in training mode. Just to be on safe side. Please also include your health cards photocopy (best if it has their photo on it) when you send it back. Just call IRCC again to check! Good Luck!
Sorry to hear it. I am scared now but I have sent PR card, Passport, Health Card, Birth Cert and school report card of minor and my PR Card, Passport, Health Card, Driving License hope they may be okay with it. Or next time we have to put coverletter explaining all things that Minor cant have any more proofs.
They should accept it and start processing while asking more docs they need. Sending back is waste of time and money for everyone

Last edited:

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013

I feel it for you. Most of us are confused with the guide and the checklist for minors. The issue with your app, based on your post, is that you missed at least 1 piece of ID.
Look at the check list again:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/citizen/CIT0008E-2.pdf

Guide:
The child’s Immigration record/paper
  • Record of Landing (IMM 1000)
    or
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688)
    and
  • Both sides of the Permanent Resident Card (PRC) if you have on
Biographical page of Passport(s)/Travel Documents of the child

Two (2) pieces of the child’s personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your child’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.

Examples include:
  • school record
  • health insurance card
If there is information on both sides of your child’s personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

Last edited:
Reactions: paritosh

globalstar66

Feb 10, 2016
I just sent it back with a cover letter, AND included their Alberta Healthcare cards. They do not give a list of exactly WHICH forms of ID they accept - just that it needs to be at least 2 forms of ID, and both have to have their dates of birth on it, and one has to at least have a photo.

So I figured a copy of Passport (with photo and date of birth), a copy of PR Card (also with photo and date of birth) and a birth certificate which has date of birth on it will be sufficient - 3 forms of ID..... I think it was an oversight, but puts me back in the bottom of the pile again, and another $80 wasted. :)

Reactions: nofrills

Johnboy

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
Sorry to hear that your app has been returned.
Checking the checklist it would appear that they consider the two pieces of ID to be separate checked items from the Birth Certificate, PR Card, Passport etc.
I don't know how they expect you to have so many ID documents, especially for a child.

Title: CIT 0008 E : Document checklist - Application for Canadian Citizenship - Minors (under 18 years of age) under subsection 5(2)
Author: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Creator: Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES 10.0
Producer: Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES 10.0
CreationDate: Thu Oct 5 09:26:23 2017
ModDate: Wed Oct 11 10:07:11 2017
  • Photocopy of your child's Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688). If this document is no longer in your child's possession, provide an explanation letter and see section "Step 1. Gather Documents" in the instruction guide.
  • Photocopy of both sides of your child's Permanent Resident Card (PRC) if you have one. If this document is no longer in your child's possession, provide an explanation letter and see section "Step 1. Gather Documents" in the instruction guide.
  • Photocopy of two (2) pieces of your child's personal identification, one of which must have a photo on it. If there is information on both sides of your child's personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides. See section "Step 1. Gather Documents" in the instruction guide for examples.
  • Photocopies of biographical pages of passports and/or travel documents. If these documents are not in your possession, provide an explanation in the space provided in question 9 on the application form. See section "Step 1. Gather Documents" in the instruction guide.
    Note: If your passport validity was extended, include a photocopy of the page(s) containing the extension stamp(s).
  • Two (2) citizenship photos. See the Citizenship Photograph Specifications page.
  • Photocopy of your child's birth certificate or Adoption order. See section "Step 1. Gather Documents" in the instruction guide.

irieempress

Sep 23, 2017
In another thread someone had called CIC and was was told that an ID cannot be an item that was already requested. So in this case the passport and PR card cannot be included in the ID count...

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
I just sent it back with a cover letter, AND included their Alberta Healthcare cards. They do not give a list of exactly WHICH forms of ID they accept - just that it needs to be at least 2 forms of ID, and both have to have their dates of birth on it, and one has to at least have a photo.

So I figured a copy of Passport (with photo and date of birth), a copy of PR Card (also with photo and date of birth) and a birth certificate which has date of birth on it will be sufficient - 3 forms of ID..... I think it was an oversight, but puts me back in the bottom of the pile again, and another $80 wasted. :)

some of us sent it with the following

1. one copy of CoPR
2. one copy of PR card (both sides)
3. copy of passport
4. two other IDs: health card and school record
5. another copy of passport to annex to health card since there is no picture

others sent different iterations of those same documents.

Johnboy

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
In another thread someone had called CIC and was was told that an ID cannot be an item that was already requested. So in this case the passport and PR card cannot be included in the ID count...
Yep, no double counting. Allocate each type of ID to only one checkbox in the checklist.

gino007

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Which one of the admins can actually edit the data on the tracker after it is posted? I requested something from one of the admins but he/she told that me that it was not possible. Kind admin with God powers, :) please contact me :)

Reactions: Herschelia

initial

Feb 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Montreal
some of us sent it with the following

1. one copy of CoPR
2. one copy of PR card (both sides)
3. copy of passport
4. two other IDs: health card and school record
5. another copy of passport to annex to health card since there is no picture

others sent different iterations of those same documents.
I wonder if the child is not yet in school. What other id can we send.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
I wonder if the child is not yet in school. What other id can we send.
Apart from the other documents... the guide says:
Two (2) pieces of the child’s personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your child’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.

Examples include:
  • school record
  • health insurance card
If there is information on both sides of your child’s personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

For a child under school age, identification such as:

• a passport page containing his or her photo and personal details, or
  • a hospital or immunization record, may be provided
Format: Clear and legible photocopy

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Do they consider PR card and COPR document as two different Identifications?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Do they consider PR card and COPR document as two different Identifications?
A CoPR is not a government issued ID document. It is government issued, but it's not an ID.