+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oct applicants no AOR and reapply

Spaniardo

Jul 7, 2017
i cant find the data on the tracker? would you like to be added to the tracker? if so plz provide the below

Location, App type: single/family? app sent date
App receivied - Oct 16 and AOR date is Feb01

Can you confirm?
App type: Single
App sent date: Oct13th
App receivied - Oct 16th
AOR date is Feb01

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
App type: Single
App sent date: Oct13th
App receivied - Oct 16th
AOR date is Feb01
updated, one more info we need for the tracker - physical presence in days.

josuetenista

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V -> CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
Just got AOR :). Application received Ooct 31st. Somebody with access to the google doc please update, my nickname is joshitoperroso. Thanks

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Just got AOR :). Application received Ooct 31st. Somebody with access to the google doc please update, my nickname is joshitoperroso. Thanks
updated! thank you for the share - lot of Oct applicants will feel good about fellow oct applicant AOR!

rugbyman

Sep 10, 2014
Just got my AOR today.
Application received Oct 16th.
I did call the call center just now and just wanted to let all of you guys know the stuff I heard from the agent. My guess is that some of you probably have same questions as me and perhaps my post will save you time calling the call center.

Apparently there was an update provided to the agents from CIC center regarding the Oct 2017 applications - there was a six week delay or something processing Oct 2017. I don't understand the dates but I guess they've figured out October comes before November and December.

I did submit a second application WITH a cover letter couple of weeks ago because I was told to do so by the agent back then.

So as I was told, the following is going to happen:

1) My AOR was received today.
2) My application will go to proper city office for processing. If the officer who reviews my application finds that my application is incomplete for any reason, he/she will return my application to me and I will need to resend it to CIC but my initial application date will still be valid.
3) The second application will get rejected because I've used the same payment receipt as the first application. I was told that if I included a cover letter, the officer will obviously read it and will understand my situation. They also have my UCI number.

I did enquire why the agent that I talked to couple of weeks ago recommended that I submit another application. The agent's response was that they didn't know at that time regarding the issues with Oct 2017 application. Not sure if I trust that but none the less, he commented that no harm was done in sending the second one except the postage fee.

Hope everyone will receive the AOR and hope for quick processing.

Grouse

Feb 1, 2018
Hi everyone.
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but this forum looked very active with experienced members, so I just wanted to ask...

I applied for Citizenship back in October 2017 and received AOR today...but... I just realized I made a pretty big mistake. On the CIT0002E-2 form, questions 10a) and 11 where they ask you to list all the locations you've lived and what you have been doing within the "eligibility period", I left gaps. I've only put down the information for last four years of the eligibility period, starting the date I entered Canada.
Yap. It was pretty stupid.

I am guessing AOR just means acknowledgement of receipt and when my application starts the processing stage, the officer will notice the mistake and the application will be returned back to me? So is my only option just to wait for the application to me returned to me and reapply later? Will I have to pay the processing fee again when I reapply?

I guess I will be losing many months but I know I have only myself to blame.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Just got my AOR today.
Application received Oct 16th.
I did call the call center just now and just wanted to let all of you guys know the stuff I heard from the agent. My guess is that some of you probably have same questions as me and perhaps my post will save you time calling the call center.

Apparently there was an update provided to the agents from CIC center regarding the Oct 2017 applications - there was a six week delay or something processing Oct 2017. I don't understand the dates but I guess they've figured out October comes before November and December.

I did submit a second application WITH a cover letter couple of weeks ago because I was told to do so by the agent back then.

So as I was told, the following is going to happen:

1) My AOR was received today.
2) My application will go to proper city office for processing. If the officer who reviews my application finds that my application is incomplete for any reason, he/she will return my application to me and I will need to resend it to CIC but my initial application date will still be valid.
3) The second application will get rejected because I've used the same payment receipt as the first application. I was told that if I included a cover letter, the officer will obviously read it and will understand my situation. They also have my UCI number.

I did enquire why the agent that I talked to couple of weeks ago recommended that I submit another application. The agent's response was that they didn't know at that time regarding the issues with Oct 2017 application. Not sure if I trust that but none the less, he commented that no harm was done in sending the second one except the postage fee.

Hope everyone will receive the AOR and hope for quick processing.
would you like to be added to the tracker ? if so plz provide the following info

App type: single or family
Physical presence
Date app received: Oct 16th
AOR - Feb 1

rugbyman

Sep 10, 2014
Hi everyone.
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but this forum looked very active with experienced members, so I just wanted to ask...

I applied for Citizenship back in October 2017 and received AOR today...but... I just realized I made a pretty big mistake. On the CIT0002E-2 form, questions 10a) and 11 where they ask you to list all the locations you've lived and what you have been doing within the "eligibility period", I left gaps. I've only put down the information for last four years of the eligibility period, starting the date I entered Canada.

I am guessing AOR just means acknowledgement of receipt and when my application starts the processing stage, the officer will notice the mistake and the application will be returned back to me? So is my only option just to wait for the application to me returned to me and reapply later? Will I have to pay the processing fee again when I reapply?

Sorry to hear that Grouse.

I have no experience with a case like yours so I am not able to comment...but perhaps others in the group can share their knowledge.

I am not sure what the chances are of the officer just letting the mistake go & asks you to provide the info instead of returning your application. Maybe this will somehow prevent you from losing your place in the queue... but hope the best for you.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi everyone.

You can use the webform to inform them of the mistake:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

TBH, i'm surprised your application wasn't returned already. But chances are they may return it now (happened in the past, application returned after AOR), OR they may just request you to provide correct information.

Good luck

Grouse

Feb 1, 2018
You can use the webform to inform them of the mistake:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

TBH, i'm surprised your application wasn't returned already. But chances are they may return it now (happened in the past, application returned after AOR), OR they may just request you to provide correct information.

Good luck
Thank you so much!
I was actually surprised that I got an AOR as well... I hope they just request me to provide correct information.
Thanks again.

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
Hi everyone.

First of all, you should do everything in your capacity to correct the mistake ASAP.

Regarding re-application or re-payments, I am confident you WILL NOT have to repay. They will have to either process your application or reject it for misrepresentation/ fraud. 99.99999% they will process as this looks like an honest mistake, maybe there will be a delay.

Grouse

Feb 1, 2018
First of all, you should do everything in your capacity to correct the mistake ASAP.

Regarding re-application or re-payments, I am confident you WILL NOT have to repay. They will have to either process your application or reject it for misrepresentation/ fraud. 99.99999% they will process as this looks like an honest mistake, maybe there will be a delay.
Thank you!