+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oct applicants no AOR and reapply

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Followed up my application with my MP ten days ago and this is the response i got back from his office today:

‘’ We can confirm receipt of the client’s application at our office on October 16, 2017.

We strive to meet processing standards indicated on our website and in order to achieve our standards,

we process applications based on date received at our office.

Please note that your client will receive information concerning their application shortly.’’

Incidentally, my application was received on October 16, 2017 and not October 17, 2017 according to CIC. Please amend accordingly.

Last edited:

Manos

Dec 12, 2017
Hi everyone.
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but this forum looked very active with experienced members, so I just wanted to ask...

I applied for Citizenship back in October 2017 and received AOR today...but... I just realized I made a pretty big mistake. On the CIT0002E-2 form, questions 10a) and 11 where they ask you to list all the locations you've lived and what you have been doing within the "eligibility period", I left gaps. I've only put down the information for last four years of the eligibility period, starting the date I entered Canada.
Yap. It was pretty stupid.

I am guessing AOR just means acknowledgement of receipt and when my application starts the processing stage, the officer will notice the mistake and the application will be returned back to me? So is my only option just to wait for the application to me returned to me and reapply later? Will I have to pay the processing fee again when I reapply?

I guess I will be losing many months but I know I have only myself to blame.
hi grouse,
my small advise; if they proceed further and didnt return the application, just send one letter and put your application no. which shown in their last email . explain the issue, clarify your mistake, fix it, sign and send it back to them.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Followed up my application with my MP ten days ago and this is the response i got back from his office today:

‘’ We can confirm receipt of the client’s application at our office on October 16, 2017.

We strive to meet processing standards indicated on our website and in order to achieve our standards,

Please note that your client will receive information concerning their application shortly.’’

Incidentally, my application was received on October 16, 2017 and not October 17, 2017 according to CIC. Please amend accordingly.
Updated.

Calgaryapp1990

Apr 14, 2016
Finally received my AOR about half an hour ago. Kindly update my information please:

App delivered: 25 Oct 2017
AOR: 2 Feb 2018

Seeing as quite a few applicants are in the testing stage of the application, I hope guys who got delayed in receiving AOR don’t get delayed any further.

YoyoTofi

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I need some advise please, I have sent my app on Oct 13 and it was received on Oct 18, However there is no AOR yet.

It been almost 4 month and I didn't get any email or a letter by mail, I called IRCC call center today and they advised me to wait another week but I doubt it they will send me anything.

Do I need to re-submit a new application or that would be a wrong move? If so, Do I need to include a letter to let them know that is I'm sending another app and explain my situation?

Please advise. . .

Thanks in advance

Puppy89

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017

I received the same response from MP office today. Could not understand how long will it take "shortly" as according to cic ☹

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Hi All,

I need some advise please, I have sent my app on Oct 13 and it was received on Oct 18, However there is no AOR yet.

It been almost 4 month and I didn't get any email or a letter by mail, I called IRCC call center today and they advised me to wait another week but I doubt it they will send me anything.

Do I need to re-submit a new application or that would be a wrong move? If so, Do I need to include a letter to let them know that is I'm sending another app and explain my situation?

Please advise. . .

Thanks in advance
have you contacted your MP? or webform contact with CIC?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Hi All,

Please advise. . .

Thanks in advance
Get in touch with your MP. Hopefully you have a tracking number/confirmation of delivery for the application.
Hopefully your MP is helpful.
Otherwise use the webform and ask status update.

Have you tried to check/login to eCAS to see "Application Received" on CIC website.

Reactions: YoyoTofi

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received the same response from MP office today. Could not understand how long will it take "shortly" as according to cic ☹
That's the problem They said "shortly" but it has been a week now. Its really frustrating.

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Please advise. . .

Thanks in advance
There is no need to resubmit the application. The best thing to do is to be patient and wait. There is nothing we can do to make CIC speed up the process.

Puppy89

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
That's the problem They said "shortly" but it has been a week now. Its really frustrating.
I Know, I asked my MP to email them again about how long is "shortly" according to cic but he said to wait until feb27

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
have you contacted your MP? or webform contact with CIC?
We tried the MP route and all we got was the application was received and CIC will be in touch with us "shortly" and the waiting game continues.

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I Know, I asked my MP to email them again about how long is "shortly" according to cic but he said to wait until feb27
Yeah. We should wait till the end of February and do a follow up. Will do the same.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
We tried the MP route and all we got was the application was received and CIC will be in touch with us "shortly"
that(confirmation by CIC that app is received) itself is a relief for many people who did not receive AOR yet. So i suggested getting intouch with MP. Some members here have reported it helped.

Other members have reported that webform have triggered them to get AOR. I cant say for sure what helped - but both the above options are in applicants hands - so i suggest we can do that.

aQuarius16

Jan 12, 2018
We've been in touch with our MP twice now and it's gotten us nowhere.

The first conversation was 2 weeks ago and he was told that we should have our AOR within 2 weeks and to call back if we don't hear from CIC by today.
Today he took it to the next level in the ministry channel and was told to check what address we sent it to. We sent it to the courier address listed on the CIC website (Dorchester St) and have confirmation of delivery signed by a known signatory that people have spoken of on here.

He went back to his ministry channel with this information and was told:
1 - The package may be returned because it was not fully completed or missing documents (they do not note when that happens, if that’s the case it should be returning within a week or two)... unlikely as we went through it with a fine tooth comb before mailing.
2 - The package has yet to be processed (the agent had heard from a program manager in Sydney as recently as last week that there were ‘buckets’ of October application still to be processed)
3 - The package is lost (unlikely, since it was signed for).

Apparently the agent at the ministry was annoyed that there are October applications that seem to be stuck in some kind of abyss when there are more recent applications that are much further along in the process...

It seems to me that there really hasn't been any kind of proper system put in place to deal with the backlog and disorder in processing and that it's simply going to be a case of "they'll get to us when they get to us..."

It sucks, but short of demanding that someone sifts through probably thousands of applications to find ours, all we can really do is wait... Hopefully the next stages will go more smoothly for us... if we ever get to that point... sighhh

Reactions: rasmy