+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oct applicants no AOR and reapply

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
all we can really do is wait..
That is probably the long and short of it. Patience.

As I recall, some forum participants were warning that the change in rules would result in a huge surge in applications, which invariably would be compounded by IRCC personnel faced with a learning curve, so some wrinkles in the process could be expected for those who rushed to apply soon after the changes took effect. Appears they were not far off. My sense is that no power of prophesy of Biblical proportion was necessary.

Did someone mention something about exercising some patience?

For context, dig back into discussions about applications made in, say, 2011, and look at their timeline. These days many applicants are taking the oath YEARS sooner than many of those applicants were scheduled for the test and interview.

YoyoTofi

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
have you contacted your MP? or webform contact with CIC?
No I have not contacted the MP yet but I have submitted a request through the CIC web service a week ago will all information and hopefully they will answer me. Thanks

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
No I have not contacted the MP yet but I have submitted a request through the CIC web service a week ago will all information and hopefully they will answer me. Thanks
As reported previously in this thread itself, engaging with MP is not only useless, but the feedback has been flat incorrect in some cases.

YoyoTofi

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no need to resubmit the application. The best thing to do is to be patient and wait. There is nothing we can do to make CIC speed up the process.
Yes I'm OK with waiting "its so hard tho" but what the worst scenario could happen if I send my app again?

YoyoTofi

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Get in touch with your MP. Hopefully you have a tracking number/confirmation of delivery for the application.
Hopefully your MP is helpful.
Otherwise use the webform and ask status update.

Have you tried to check/login to eCAS to see "Application Received" on CIC website.
Yes I have submitted a request through CIC web service with all info and tracking number as well and waiting for a response.

My app was received on Oct 18th and signed by someone called RYAN LAURENDEAU upon receiving.

I try to search for my MP and contact him as well.

Regarding eCAS but it says We were not able to identify you using the information you provided.

Reactions: Afarp

Afarp

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
Just got my AOR today.
Application received Oct 16th.
I did call the call center just now and just wanted to let all of you guys know the stuff I heard from the agent. My guess is that some of you probably have same questions as me and perhaps my post will save you time calling the call center.

Apparently there was an update provided to the agents from CIC center regarding the Oct 2017 applications - there was a six week delay or something processing Oct 2017. I don't understand the dates but I guess they've figured out October comes before November and December.

I did submit a second application WITH a cover letter couple of weeks ago because I was told to do so by the agent back then.

So as I was told, the following is going to happen:

1) My AOR was received today.
2) My application will go to proper city office for processing. If the officer who reviews my application finds that my application is incomplete for any reason, he/she will return my application to me and I will need to resend it to CIC but my initial application date will still be valid.
3) The second application will get rejected because I've used the same payment receipt as the first application. I was told that if I included a cover letter, the officer will obviously read it and will understand my situation. They also have my UCI number.

I did enquire why the agent that I talked to couple of weeks ago recommended that I submit another application. The agent's response was that they didn't know at that time regarding the issues with Oct 2017 application. Not sure if I trust that but none the less, he commented that no harm was done in sending the second one except the postage fee.

Hope everyone will receive the AOR and hope for quick processing.
Congrats
You give us a hope
I am Oct 16 applicant too

Reactions: rasmy

Afarp

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
Yes I have submitted a request through CIC web service with all info and tracking number as well and waiting for a response.

My app was received on Oct 18th and signed by someone called RYAN LAURENDEAU upon receiving.

I try to search for my MP and contact him as well.

Regarding eCAS but it says We were not able to identify you using the information you provided.
My Oct 16th application was received by Ryan too , I am about to blame him now lol

GG1

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Is there anybody get AOR today ?
Or any news
I think rather then my oct 23rd application my january 22nd 2018 application will send me my AOR .dont know wth is going on with those many left over october application.:oops:last week at least few of the left over oct applicants got aor but this week may be one got aor.

aQuarius16

Jan 12, 2018
Congrats
Did you tried anything to get it.
Thank you
We contacted our MP's office but it probably didn't make any difference. After multiple calls to CIC the only extra info that her office was able to get was that there were literally buckets full of October applications and that we should wait a couple more weeks.

The processing centre is hardly going to pull staff away from actually trying to get through the backlog of applications to search for a single application submitted by an overly zealous applicant who wants to see some movement on their own application.

I get it though... the uncertainty you're feeling since you haven't heard anything yet can make you feel a bit crazy thinking about the "what if" scenarios. But patience is the key, and yes it's certainly easier to say that now that we've finally received that email.

Afarp

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
We contacted our MP's office but it probably didn't make any difference. After multiple calls to CIC the only extra info that her office was able to get was that there were literally buckets full of October applications and that we should wait a couple more weeks.

The processing centre is hardly going to pull staff away from actully trying to get through the backlog of applications to search for a single application submitted by an overly zealous applicant who wants to see some movement on their own application.

I get it though... the uncertainty you're feeling since you haven't heard anything yet can make you feel a bit crazy thinking about the "what if" scenarios. But patience is the key, and yes it's certainly easier to say that now that we've finally received that email.
Thank for your wonderful explantion !

Puppy89

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Hello guys,

Finally, I just got my AOR dated 11 feb.
App sent 16 oct
Rec : 20 oct
Wish rest of the awaiting oct appl will get their AOR soon.
Thanks