+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oct applicant from HAMILTON

JB2018

Sep 11, 2018
It looks like there is now a citizenship ceremony happening in Burlington and one now at Mohawk too (http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx). I am hoping this means they're trying to find ways to speed up the wait times for oath ceremonies. I wrote the test in June but am still 'in process'. I hope it's not a 4 week wait once I get DM. I have heard of others who get DM and oath invite within days of each other.

hamionian1

Sep 19, 2018
It looks like there is now a citizenship ceremony happening in Burlington and one now at Mohawk too (http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx). I am hoping this means they're trying to find ways to speed up the wait times for oath ceremonies. I wrote the test in June but am still 'in process'. I hope it's not a 4 week wait once I get DM. I have heard of others who get DM and oath invite within days of each other.
Same here. Wrote test in June. I called centre to ask. Was told that it could be another 3 months waiting to get oath letter.

Zoma

Mar 31, 2017
Hamilton office is typically sending oath invite 3-4 weeks after DM. you should be getting one soon :)
Thank you, I hope so;). I have another question, I applied as Family of (3), the status been changed to DM for my wife and my self but for my son (under 18) still the status IP, does it mean anything?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Thank you, I hope so;). I have another question, I applied as Family of (3), the status been changed to DM for my wife and my self but for my son (under 18) still the status IP, does it mean anything?
Minors' e-CAS remain IP till after the oath (of the parents) and convert to "completed" directly alongwith the family's. We took our oath yesterday (with 2 x kids) and their e-CAS is still IP while mine is DM since a while.

JB2018

Sep 11, 2018
Hi everyone, we received our ceremony invitation today. Applied in January, test end of July.
Congrats to you. Can I ask, when did you get 'decision made'? I wrote my test at the end of June but my application on ecas is still in process. Others have said they have waited weeks after getting decision made to get an oath ceremony invite. I am wondering if this was your experience or was it different? Thanks!

Chriscats

Apr 10, 2013
Congrats to you. Can I ask, when did you get 'decision made'? I wrote my test at the end of June but my application on ecas is still in process. Others have said they have waited weeks after getting decision made to get an oath ceremony invite. I am wondering if this was your experience or was it different? Thanks!
DM was like from the same day. I checked later on the evening of our test date. I remember this because I started researching how long it takes between test and oath and some said they got it weeks after. So I expected an earlier oath date even though the lady had told us 4 months for the oath invitation. So I don’t know how much the DM matters. It seems case by case basis, maybe who reviews your file etc. I had a friend receive the invitation to take the test a few weeks AFTER I had received my invitation and he received an earlier test date than me. Go figure.

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Looks like Hamilton office is either very slow or are covering a big area of west Ontario that there have been no updates for any one from there lately.

aQuarius16

Jan 12, 2018
I wrote my test on August 9 and passed, unfortunately my husband had to reschedule his test due to some work things. He wrote his test yesterday and also passed!

This morning, DECISION MADE at long last! Waiting impatiently now for the oath invitation!

hamionian1

Sep 19, 2018
Today marks 4 months after I passed citizenship test, and haven't got Oath invitation letter. Applied in December. It is such a disappointment how slow the progress is. After years of working hard a skilled worker, and all you want is a new passport so that you can travel international freely. Get it together Canada.

JB2018

Sep 11, 2018
Nothing new here either. Still 'in process'. But Hamilton Citizenship ceremonies have been booked until October 30th. I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to wait out the whole year to get my citizenship since I don't see my case as complicated: single applicant who never left Canada once I arrived. Who knows. At this rate, it'll be 2019 before I get 'decision made' and get an oath ceremony. I applied in Jan 2018.

JB2018

Sep 11, 2018
Still no news here and no change to my status. Has anyone heard anything from Hamilton? I noticed that they posted new ceremonies in November. I'm starting to think it REALLY will take a full year for me to get my citizenship. Waiting sucks.

JB2018

Sep 11, 2018
Update - Decision Made this week. Oath Letter sent today for oath ceremony end of November. Yay!

hamionian1

Sep 19, 2018
Hello, just to share my 1 year progress, apply as single, processed by Hamilton office.
  1. application received: December 7, 2017
  2. wrote/passed citizenship test: June 13, 2018
  3. DM: September 7, 2018
  4. Oath of citizenship notice: October 30, 2018
  5. Became a Canadian citizen on November 13, 2018.
  6. Applied for passport: November 15, 2018
All the best to y'all.

Reactions: aQuarius16