+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oct applicant from HAMILTON

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Hi all,

I wrote my test on June 20th. The woman who met with me said it should take weeks but max three months for me to get an Oath Invite. My status is still in process and no oath invite yet. Anyone else waiting? I applied in Hamilton January 2018.

For those getting oath invite September and October, when did you apply? Trying to figure out how much longer I'll end up waiting.

Thanks!
I am a Jan 2018 applicant. Inprocess since Mar 2018 and still waiting on test invite. What is your time line?

JB2018

Sep 11, 2018
I am a Jan 2018 applicant. Inprocess since Mar 2018 and still waiting on test invite. What is your time line?
They received my application in late January. They started processing my application in April. I got test invite in May and wrote in June. Now waiting for Oath. Still 'in process'. It's been about two to three months for each step. I am guessing oath invite is the same? Or longer?

Anyone else?

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
They received my application in late January. They started processing my application in April. I got test invite in May and wrote in June. Now waiting for Oath. Still 'in process'. It's been about two to three months for each step. I am guessing oath invite is the same? Or longer?

Anyone else?
Ya about the same unless they have something pending to check like background checks or eligibility etc.

Pcanadian

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hello All!
Today, I and another 56 persons attended the citizenship ceremony in Hamilton and became a proud citizens of this great country.
Wish a smooth process to all who are still waiting.

Reactions: rajmalhotra7

HGA

Jul 10, 2018
Hello All!
Today, I and another 56 persons attended the citizenship ceremony in Hamilton and became a proud citizens of this great country.
Wish a smooth process to all who are still waiting.
Congratulations !
May I ask how long was the ceremony ? From arriving till leaving ?

Reactions: Pcanadian

HGA

Jul 10, 2018

Anyone else?
I was almost in the same timeline. They are probably finishing your background checks.
Once completed you will find your status changes to DM after that give it a week or two for the oath invitation.

decgrant

Sep 12, 2018
Same here. Applied on December.
June 13: Wrote/Passed test in Hamilton. Lady told me that I should hear back within 3 months.
Sep 7: IP changed to DM (3 months from test).
Today: No oath letter and no notice yet
Called them and was told oath letter could take up to another 3 months.
Any one? What is longest wait between DM and receiving Oath letter in email?
Thanks

Last edited:

JB2018

Sep 11, 2018
Still waiting here. Anyone else hear anything re: oath ceremony? My app still says in process. Now it's officially been three months since writing and passing the test.

hamionian1

Sep 19, 2018
Still waiting here. Anyone else hear anything re: oath ceremony? My app still says in process. Now it's officially been three months since writing and passing the test.
I have been waiting 4 months since passed test on June 13 and nothing yet. It it common in Hamilton?

hamionian1

Sep 19, 2018
Are you an October applicant?

Its common for such delays as there could be background checks pending.
I applied on December. I saw many people applied on January and already have citizenship. Sighs.
I was hoping to get a Canadian passport to travel.

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
I applied on December. I saw many people applied on January and already have citizenship. Sighs.
I was hoping to get a Canadian passport to travel.
I applied in Jan didn't even get test invite till now. I guess each case is different.

Zoma

Mar 31, 2017
Applied in 6 Nov 2017, test on 29 Aug 2018 at Hamilton Center, status changed to DM on 31 Aug 2018, still waiting for the Oath, is it normally like this at Hamilton Center.

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Applied in 6 Nov 2017, test on 29 Aug 2018 at Hamilton Center, status changed to DM on 31 Aug 2018, still waiting for the Oath, is it normally like this at Hamilton Center.
Hamilton office is typically sending oath invite 3-4 weeks after DM. you should be getting one soon :)