Med's Done....
08-12-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
DM - (23-03-2012) got PP back on 26-03-2012
LANDED..........
landed in November 2012
Confusion regarding oci status for my daughter.

Hi
I applied for oci card for my daughter on july 27,2017 at bls calgary.
The status for oci application at this site-https://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury is as follows

Date Of Acknowledgment 02-AUG-2018
Registration Status at Mission VANCOUVER
OCI- Number ***************
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 29-AUG-2018
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 30-AUG-2018
Document received At VANCOUVER On 07-SEP-2018.

But at the following site
www.blsindia-canada.com/trackapp.php
it says "Processing at consulate general"

I called bls calgary but was of no use.

I want to purchase tickets for india ASAP but dont know when will i get oci for my daughter.
If anyone can shed some light on the issue and tell like how much time does it takes once it is received at Vancouver it will be helpful.I am so confused.
thanks
Hey could you please tell us how many days it took for OCI to deliver post 7th Sep in your case? Our status says that our OCI cards are received at Vancouver on 13th Nov and we are travelling on 1st December so just wanted to know whether we will get our OCI before that.

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
Hi Seniors,
1) When we upload our documents for new OCI application ,do we need to upload all the pdf files (other than Signature and photo) in one file ?
OR
do we need to upload each pdf file in its own category ?

I mean do we have different categories for uploading CAD Passport , Indian PP, Landing paper ,Marriage Cert etc ?
OR do we need to make one PDF file for all the docs and upload one file ?

2) Which categories do we upload the Citizenship certifcate and Driving Licence (Address proof)

3) One of my file is more than 1 MB even after reduction in size.In the doc checklist it is mentioned that the max file size should be 500KB.
Did anyone face such issue ? How did you handle it ?
Please refer to answer based on what I did in Ontario(GTA).
1. Yes we need to upload each pdf in each catagory.
2. There is no need to upload Citizenship certificate or driving license as it is not required. This is not mentioned in checklist.
3. Use online tool or reduce the pixel size when scanning. If you have a home scanner, you can download the relavant software to reduce the scanning pixel which reduces the size. Camscanner app is also good that way.

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
Hey guys, my status on BLS website for OCI changed to "Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping". Anyone know what this means ? Is it ready for pickup ? I didn't opt for courier

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 22-OCT-2018
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On24-OCT-2018
Document received At TORONTO On 26-OCT-2018
That means it is ready for pick up.. Would recommend checking it tomorrow to see if they change it eventually to "ready for pick up"

Reactions: Goku

PD7676

Nov 14, 2018
Hi
I am planning to travel with my child who is 16 years old. He holds OCI Sticker on his old passport and also holds OCI booklet. Govt. of India's website clearly says no requirement of getting sticker on new passport (https://boi.gov.in/content/overseas-citizen-india-oci-cardholder) ; whereas BLS Canada website says it is mandatory (https://www.blsindia-canada.com/oci.php).
Can someone clarify and share their experience visiting India recently with child under 20 with OCI on old passport?

Thank you

Puppy89

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Hi guys,

I’m trying oci online application, while uploading my pic and signature, page says “URL not accessible at this time” I tried on multiple times and different places like home, staples, library!! Don’t know what’s going on!! Any feedback guys!

Much appreciated anyone could help me!!

Today is my third day trying out!!

JamesBond007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Hi Seniors,
1) When we upload our documents for new OCI application ,do we need to upload all the pdf files (other than Signature and photo) in one file ?
OR
do we need to upload each pdf file in its own category ?

I mean do we have different categories for uploading CAD Passport , Indian PP, Landing paper ,Marriage Cert etc ?
OR do we need to make one PDF file for all the docs and upload one file ?

2) Which categories do we upload the Citizenship certifcate and Driving Licence (Address proof)

3) One of my file is more than 1 MB even after reduction in size.In the doc checklist it is mentioned that the max file size should be 500KB.
Did anyone face such issue ? How did you handle it ?
Copy paste image in word document and save as pdf. if you already have pdf, take a screen shot and paste in word doc and save as pdf.

JamesBond007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Hi guys,

I’m trying oci online application, while uploading my pic and signature, page says “URL not accessible at this time” I tried on multiple times and different places like home, staples, library!! Don’t know what’s going on!! Any feedback guys!

Much appreciated anyone could help me!!

Today is my third day trying out!!
Try in all browsers. Chrome, Edge, IE, etc... also check permission on the folder where your pic and signature files are there.

tulip07

Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
I submitted the Application on Nov 29, 2018. The online status shows documents processed and dispatched from New Delhi on Dec 24. It is not showing any date for Documents received in Vancouver yet.
Hoping to get it back before January 20, as I have to travel on that date and I do not want to waste money on Indian Visa application.

One strange fact about my application submission at BLS office in Edmonton: The online document requirements asks for original landing documents of spouse and applicant and original document for the Marriage certificate to be submitted with the application. However, when I went there, they did not want these original documents. They were ok with a photocopy. Had I know this, I could have saved so much time, as I had spent lot of time and money in getting these original documents couriered to me.
So I will suggest going to office and not relying on online info. BLS Offices are like small kingdoms and the officer in the office is the King :).

mohd000

May 21, 2013
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
Doc's Request.
29-11-2013 RCMP;3-03-2014 MARRIAGE QUESTIONARE
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
request to change vo for spouse
LANDED..........
11-08-2014
Please provide your acknowledgment date.Your acknowledgment date is Nov 29th or summited on 29th Nov

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Try in all browsers. Chrome, Edge, IE, etc... also check permission on the folder where your pic and signature files are there.[/QUOT
Please refer to answer based on what I did in Ontario(GTA).
1. Yes we need to upload each pdf in each catagory.
2. There is no need to upload Citizenship certificate or driving license as it is not required. This is not mentioned in checklist.
3. Use online tool or reduce the pixel size when scanning. If you have a home scanner, you can download the relavant software to reduce the scanning pixel which reduces the size. Camscanner app is also good that way.
which is the besy online tool for this photo and signature part...….

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
I am applying for OCI for my entire family (wife and son). Do I need to upload the marriage certificate too as we got married in 2004 and not sure why the certificate is needed as our old passports mention that we are married.
If the passports of both have each others name in the spouse field I feel marriage certificate is not required.

JamesBond007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
If the passports of both have each others name in the spouse field I feel marriage certificate is not required.
You have to upload marriage certificate. i did not upload and went to BLS. They told me to upload and asked me to come back again.