+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI

rdutter

Star Member
Dec 12, 2010
My signature on the printed final OCI Registration form is too small. Could that pose an issue? It's visible but almost 1/3 the size of my wife's signature on her form. She has a long signature and I have a long vertical one and hence the issue.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
My signature on the printed final OCI Registration form is too small. Could that pose an issue? It's visible but almost 1/3 the size of my wife's signature on her form. She has a long signature and I have a long vertical one and hence the issue.
If that's how it is on other documents as well then it should be fine.

Reactions: rdutter

rdutter

Star Member
Dec 12, 2010
OCI Photo Specifications - Background should not be WHITE ?? Not sure what that means? I got the exact spec photo from an Indian shop but it does have a white background for sure.

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
When applying for OCI, does the site gives an option to apply for family together or does it needs to be separate application. One of my friend is doing it but not getting option to add family after completing part A. It takes him straight to option B.
If previously you converted PIO to OCI, do we indicate Yes to ques: Have you/your family member applied for OCI registration earlier?
Please help

Dimma

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
OCI Photo Specifications - Background should not be WHITE ?? Not sure what that means? I got the exact spec photo from an Indian shop but it does have a white background for sure.
Not sure what is the confusion here ,
Checklist clearly mentioned it as
“Photograph can be taken in a white, off-white, light colored background in a glossy finish”

Dimma

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
When applying for OCI, does the site gives an option to apply for family together or does it needs to be separate application. One of my friend is doing it but not getting option to add family after completing part A. It takes him straight to option B.
If previously you converted PIO to OCI, do we indicate Yes to ques: Have you/your family member applied for OCI registration earlier?
Please help
Each family members applications go as separate files, indicate yes

Dimma

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
If you are not yet submitted the application you could correct and re upload the signature image.

rashu268

May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I have a question. I recently became a citizen and got my passport too. Now, if I apply for OCI do I need to submit the original documents of my wife too? She is not a citizen yet and is a PR. Please help me.

Dimma

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Guys, I have a question. I recently became a citizen and got my passport too. Now, if I apply for OCI do I need to submit the original documents of my wife too? She is not a citizen yet and is a PR. Please help me.
You may need to submit the original landing paper -COPR of your wife , They will return that in 3-4 weeks time.

baboo_pr

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
I am waiting for my Oath invite (DM already) and I need to submit OCI for my child. They said that they will take PR card. We need PR Card for Oath. Do you suggest to wait and apply after I get my citizenship. Will that effect my child application negatively?

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
I am waiting for my Oath invite (DM already) and I need to submit OCI for my child. They said that they will take PR card. We need PR Card for Oath. Do you suggest to wait and apply after I get my citizenship. Will that effect my child application negatively?
As far as I know they will not take you PR card. They will take your Original COPR. Call them and ask again. No effect if you choose to apply after acquiring citizenship.

soup

Oct 26, 2018
Hey guys, my status on BLS website for OCI changed to "Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping". Anyone know what this means ? Is it ready for pickup ? I didn't opt for courier

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 22-OCT-2018
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On24-OCT-2018
Document received At TORONTO On 26-OCT-2018

cool_wonderful

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney ,Nova Scotia / New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010 ; DD encashed - 30-Jul-2010
Doc's Request.
28-Sep-2010
Nomination.....
12-Jan-2011
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted
File Transfer...
12-Jan-2011
Med's Request
26-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-Jan-2014 , PP sent :- 12 feb 2014 , ecas status - DM on 26 feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
PP returned on 06-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
01 June 2014
Hi Seniors,
1) When we upload our documents for new OCI application ,do we need to upload all the pdf files (other than Signature and photo) in one file ?
OR
do we need to upload each pdf file in its own category ?

I mean do we have different categories for uploading CAD Passport , Indian PP, Landing paper ,Marriage Cert etc ?
OR do we need to make one PDF file for all the docs and upload one file ?

2) Which categories do we upload the Citizenship certifcate and Driving Licence (Address proof)

3) One of my file is more than 1 MB even after reduction in size.In the doc checklist it is mentioned that the max file size should be 500KB.
Did anyone face such issue ? How did you handle it ?