+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI - requirements

soho1165

Apr 30, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am in a bit of a pickle.. may be someone here can help me.

I am a Canadian citizen by birth but my parents and grandparents are of Indian origin, now Canadian citizens. Problem is that my parents or grandparents do not have their birth certificates as required in the OCI application. So, I cant apply on their basis.
Therefore, I was thinking to apply on spousal basis as my wife is also of Indian origin (now a Canadian citizen). But I cant do that either as my parents are of indian origin and i would still need to show their birth certificates.

Is there a resolution to my situation.

Canada1200

Jun 19, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am in a bit of a pickle.. may be someone here can help me.

I am a Canadian citizen by birth but my parents and grandparents are of Indian origin, now Canadian citizens. Problem is that my parents or grandparents do not have their birth certificates as required in the OCI application. So, I cant apply on their basis.
Therefore, I was thinking to apply on spousal basis as my wife is also of Indian origin (now a Canadian citizen). But I cant do that either as my parents are of indian origin and i would still need to show their birth certificates.

Is there a resolution to my situation.
Parents' birth certificate is not a must. Their Indian Passports is all they need to confirm their Indian Origins.
My friend did the same. Got OCI.