Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER received: 09 January, 2015(Friday)
AOR Received.
03 Feb, 2015(Tuesday)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
SLU: 28 April, 2015- Tuesday (Processing started on 23rd April, 2015-Thursday)
Med's Request
12 May, 2015(Tuesday)
Med's Done....
23 May, 2015(Saturday)
Interview........
TLU: 04th June, 2015(Thursday)
Passport Req..
18 June, 2015(Thursday); Passport submitted through VFS on 19 June, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited; Decision made: 20 June, 2015(Saturday)
LANDED..........
We are still waiting to get our Tourist Visa for India after spending over $350 in courier for 4 Tourist Visa applications through BLS in Ottawa. The application was accepted at the High Commission office in Ottawa on Feb 8, 2022.

I don't understand the reason for this delay.

• Sad
Reactions: royce110

sk6492

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
I just submitted OCI application for my kids at Brampton BLS office. I had a prior appointment and it took 30 mins total for the whole process (including the waiting time). Overall it was pretty smooth.
I also asked the officer regarding India tourist visa and here are the options that she gave.
Tourist visa - 30 days eligibility, takes 1 month to process
Entry visa - 6 months eligibility, takes 10 business days to process
Both of these visa applications can be submitted along with passport surrender application when coming for in person appointment (or via mail).

Passport surrender and OCI can only be done using mail process, this is not accepted in person.
Are you sure OCI is not accepted by walk-in person?
I had booked an appointment for yesterday, months back.
I still see OCI as option on link below, but no slots available though.

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/appointmentbls/appointment.php

kdham

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Are you sure OCI is not accepted by walk-in person?
I had booked an appointment for yesterday, months back.
I still see OCI as option on link below, but no slots available though.

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/appointmentbls/appointment.php
Hello, i mentioned that passport surrender and OIC application together are not taken.
If this is just an OCI application then for sure you can do that. I just did that today.

And you can technically take any appointment and submit OCI application, no one really checks the reason of appointment, they just see if you have an appointment or not.

Reactions: sk6492

gantisunil86

Sep 9, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
23-11-2016
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-12-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2017
Anyone received any update for their OCI ACK Date for 18th Feb? Mine still shows Under Process.

kush9232

Nov 7, 2014
Hi all,
Brampton BLS center
Applied : Feb 28 SURRENDER passport and Entry visa (Multiple entry 6 months) together
Received: March 9 entry visa

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update: I never got a tracking # from BLS.

I come home this afternoon and saw a missed delivery notification on the door with instructions to pick the package up from a Purolator quick stop location in Scarborough.

Collected the documents successfully, Took my new application and label with me, put it in a new envelope, pasted the photo and resubmitted the new application on the spot.

Fingers crossed!

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are still waiting to get our Tourist Visa for India after spending over $350 in courier for 4 Tourist Visa applications through BLS in Ottawa. The application was accepted at the High Commission office in Ottawa on Feb 8, 2022.

I don't understand the reason for this delay.
Looks like BLS didnt receive enough bribe/commission from you.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update: I never got a tracking # from BLS.

I come home this afternoon and saw a missed delivery notification on the door with instructions to pick the package up from a Purolator quick stop location in Scarborough.

Collected the documents successfully, Took my new application and label with me, put it in a new envelope, pasted the photo and resubmitted the new application on the spot.

Fingers crossed!
Fun Fact: I was speaking to the Purolator people and they said BLS apparently is the worse client they have (in terms of customer service, not profit)

Apparently they receive 100s of returned applications almost on a daily basis and people are always complaining about BLS and the fees and the silly reasons for returning the documents.

sach1234

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 September, 2014(Tuesday)
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER received: 09 January, 2015(Friday)
AOR Received.
03 Feb, 2015(Tuesday)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
SLU: 28 April, 2015- Tuesday (Processing started on 23rd April, 2015-Thursday)
Med's Request
12 May, 2015(Tuesday)
Med's Done....
23 May, 2015(Saturday)
Interview........
TLU: 04th June, 2015(Thursday)
Passport Req..
18 June, 2015(Thursday); Passport submitted through VFS on 19 June, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited; Decision made: 20 June, 2015(Saturday)
LANDED..........
Looks like BLS didnt receive enough bribe/commission from you.
Haha I don’t know man but this is utter bullshit and misuse of their powers and authority.

Reactions: royce110

tfox72

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
Yes. I believe you can.

Remember that the photo you upload for the OCI should be the same as that which is attached to the paper application, so ask for a soft copy of the photo to be emailed to you, or keep a physical copy to scan and upload to the OCI Application.
All photos are taken at BLS itself right? Or do we need to get them taken ourselves?

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All photos are taken at BLS itself right? Or do we need to get them taken ourselves?
For postal applications I believe you can take the photo yourself.

As @Hot2Cold recommended get a digital copy of the photo or scan the physical photo per the OCI resolution. I paid $3 for this service and got it done via a online provider called Passport-photo.online

UPS charges $17 for a digital photo.

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to make sense of the Indian passport surrender process but I'm finding the website confusing.

Do we need to submit original of Canadian passport and the citizenship certificate along with a copy of each?

I'm assuming the Indian passport has to be sent in original so that they can cancel it. A copy of the 1st and last page is required.

And what is an observation in a passport? Do they mean they want a copy of all visa stamps in both Indian and Canadian passports as well?!

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
I'm trying to send my application by mail. I live in Toronto so I'll probably be sending to the Brampton office.

I would appreciate the inputs of people who have gone through the process recently.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Naive question, is an appointment necessary to submit an application on a "walk-in" basis. Unfortunately, for Ottawa jurisdiction, I'm seeing that there are no available appointments all the way till May. That seems a bit ridiculous.