Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Does printing self photo works for OCI application? I got it printed on 80lbs glossy paper but still feels like matt finish and a little grainy. Has someone printed their photos for OCI from staples and still got accepted?

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Does printing self photo works for OCI application? I got it printed on 80lbs glossy paper but still feels like matt finish and a little grainy. Has someone printed their photos for OCI from staples and still got accepted?
Welcome to the High -Fi BLS photograpy studio - Since your photo doesn't meet our specification ( our specification changes every minute to meet the cyber security) you need to use our services.
Lol bro they rejected photo for the following reasons
a: your ears are not visible
b: your background is not white ( but is ok to use our creamy wall as background)
c: your face is dull
So good luck bro.

• Haha
Reactions: funloving

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
I just noticed the fee for tourist visa and Entry Visa
Tourist visa -9.82 cad
Entry Visa - 100cad
No wonder BLS has been pushing for entry visa when ever someone comes to apply for Tourist visa.
They even change the form using a pen from tourist visa to Entry visa however for other services claim and send us home for small mistake.
Also tourist visa takes more than a month while entry visa within a week.
Way to go Indian consulate and BLS.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Welcome to the High -Fi BLS photograpy studio - Since your photo doesn't meet our specification ( our specification changes every minute to meet the cyber security) you need to use our services.
Lol bro they rejected photo for the following reasons
a: your ears are not visible
b: your background is not white ( but is ok to use our creamy wall as background)
c: your face is dull
So good luck bro.
Mine was rejected because of me wearing glasses.

I printed my photos from BLS to avoid the very same issues that were mentioned above. They still missed that I was wearing glasses. However, they did not charge me for printing an extra - I assume since it was their mistake in printing the ones with glasses in the first place.

Note: The photo guidelines do not forbid glasses, only that eyes should be seen.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014

I printed my photos from BLS to avoid the very same issues that were mentioned above. They still missed that I was wearing glasses. However, they did not charge me for printing an extra - I assume since it was their mistake in printing the ones with glasses in the first place.

Note: The photo guidelines do not forbid glasses, only that eyes should be seen.
Ok, I guess I will ask them to take my picture there itself at the high-fi BLS photo studio ... :) hahaha...

• Haha
Reactions: dineshrehab

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Can you use the same photo that you took for Surrender certificate?

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Hello How did you apply for Visa, Surrender and OCI at the same time? Did you applied in 2022?
If I am not mistaken for tourist visa you need to send your original Canadian passport for stamping right? And if I am not mistaken for OCI also they required Canadian passport.
I Applied for mY surrender Certificate on Feb 17th 2022 and on Passport Seva portal it shows "Granted ready for Issuance". Now I need to travel to India in mid May and I am not sure should I go for OCI option (wait to get surrender certificate and then apply) Or find some other way
Yes, we applied at Calgary office (under Vancouver jurisdiction). Yes, we started the process on Feb 1, 2022. Yes, you'll need to send the Canadian passport for visa stamping. No, for OCI they don't need original passport. OCI used to be an actual stamp in your passport but not anymore. It is a small booklet that looks similar to passport.

It seems you should get OCI by the time your travel comes up.

OldH1B

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Hi All,
We are Indian passport holder parents in Toronto.
Applied for our Canadian born child's OCI.
Called BLS - they tricked us into buying their expensive courier service. Charged 104CAD.
I researched later and found out I could go to any purolator store and pay at store and ship the packet myself.
I called BLS today asking for refund, they said send email to ccsuport email ID and someone will refund the amount in few days.
The shipping label is generated by Purolator but I have not used the label yet.

They were overly excited on the phone today and offered another deal. They said someone overcharged you with 104CAD, instead we can give you the same service for 83CAD. I was like WTH is going on? Are you like flexing the customer how much you can get out of him?
I am sure they get some kickbacks from Purolator for the over charged fees. They were ready to charge me again for 83CAD with a promise that you will get the refund of 104CAD. I denied. This upset the agent bigtime. She didn't answer any further calls and hungup.

Questions from experts here -
1.) Do you think I will get any refund?
2.) If I get the refund, can I go to any purolator store, send the package myself to the brampton address of BLS. Also add another prepaid shipping label for the return of the OCI booklet, also thorugh purolator. Is that all they require?
3.) Do I have to worry about how BLS sends the docs to consulate for OCI printing and how they get it back? Who pays for that shipping cost?

Someone suggested, I can drop it in person and pick it up as well at the BLS Toronto office. But on the website they say no online appointments. Everything is via courier only.

Any ideas?

Thanks

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Hi All,
We are Indian passport holder parents in Toronto.
Applied for our Canadian born child's OCI.
Called BLS - they tricked us into buying their expensive courier service. Charged 104CAD.
I researched later and found out I could go to any purolator store and pay at store and ship the packet myself.
I called BLS today asking for refund, they said send email to ccsuport email ID and someone will refund the amount in few days.
The shipping label is generated by Purolator but I have not used the label yet.

They were overly excited on the phone today and offered another deal. They said someone overcharged you with 104CAD, instead we can give you the same service for 83CAD. I was like WTH is going on? Are you like flexing the customer how much you can get out of him?
I am sure they get some kickbacks from Purolator for the over charged fees. They were ready to charge me again for 83CAD with a promise that you will get the refund of 104CAD. I denied. This upset the agent bigtime. She didn't answer any further calls and hungup.

Questions from experts here -
1.) Do you think I will get any refund?
2.) If I get the refund, can I go to any purolator store, send the package myself to the brampton address of BLS. Also add another prepaid shipping label for the return of the OCI booklet, also thorugh purolator. Is that all they require?
3.) Do I have to worry about how BLS sends the docs to consulate for OCI printing and how they get it back? Who pays for that shipping cost?

Someone suggested, I can drop it in person and pick it up as well at the BLS Toronto office. But on the website they say no online appointments. Everything is via courier only.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Use Visa for any service you want.
If you dont want to use their service just deny. If paid through credit card then it is possible to get refund however they insist on not accepting credit cards.

OldH1B

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Use Visa for any service you want.
If you dont want to use their service just deny. If paid through credit card then it is possible to get refund however they insist on not accepting credit cards.
I paid using visa Credit card itself. Do I ask refund from BLS or from Visa?

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Organization of Consular Camp on Saturday, 19 March, 2022
Any one in GTA area dont want to deal with BLS can visit this camp for passport surrender and other pending consular services.

Hindu Heritage Centre

6300 Mississauga Road

Mississauga, ON L5N 1A7

10am-1.30pm
Good luck

@royce110 @funloving

Reactions: royce110

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Any one in GTA area dont want to deal with BLS can visit this camp for passport surrender and other pending consular services.

Hindu Heritage Centre

6300 Mississauga Road

Mississauga, ON L5N 1A7

10am-1.30pm
Good luck

@royce110 @funloving
this is great, but I am based out of Vancouver. I wish they do the same here. People want to avoid BLS at all cost. :) hahaha....

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hindu Heritage Centre

6300 Mississauga Road

Mississauga, ON L5N 1A7

10am-1.30pm
Good luck

@royce110 @funloving
Thanks, provided I get my documents and passport back from BLS by then!! Fingers crosses