+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
Hello friends, just noticed that the online checklist for OCI (for Toronto) has changed and we are required to only send the copy of Indian passport and Canadian passport and not the original. However, for Citizenship certificate, there is confusion as title says copy but description says original and copy. Has anyone recently applied by post and what did u send - copy or originals?

Secondly, does BLS give any same day appointments or walk ins etc as i see that there are no appointments till May end?

thisisdna

Nov 19, 2021
Their website literally mentions that the courier fee is to be included in the postal order "Kindly Provide Postal order only in favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc., Which includes Renunciation fee/surrender fee + consular fee + BLS Service charges + Return courier fees, to send back your processed application." I called BLS and the agent asked me to add 35$ to the bank draft.
That's strange because the BLS agent sent me a link to pay through credit card. There they charged both pickup and return courier fees. Maybe there's more than one of doing it I guess (bank draft and credit card).

Was the $35 they told you to add in the bank draft only for 'return courier charges' or was it also for the application getting picked up?

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
5-Feb-16, ECAS updated 25-feb- 16
Passport Req..
DM on 3 mar 16 & PPR on 7 th march 16
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
@rajkamalmohanram
Can u plz guide me about the current process .
I mean can we apply surrender and OCI at same time?

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
Seems like the payment method used to be draft, but now they are transitioning / have transitioned to online card payment. At least there is an option to pay online - when I tried the pickup and drop off service here, the checkout page asked for me to pay by card. https://blsindia-canada.com/postalbls/

That's strange because the BLS agent sent me a link to pay through credit card. There they charged both pickup and return courier fees. Maybe there's more than one of doing it I guess (bank draft and credit card).

Was the $35 they told you to add in the bank draft only for 'return courier charges' or was it also for the application getting picked up?

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
They are no longer doing surrender and OCI together in Toronto. It's a 2-stage process, to remind us to celebrate once this is all done.

Also note they seem to have updated the document checklists recently, so check the latest information on BLS website, or call them. For example, the OCI checklist is now asking for self-attested copies for supporting documents, no more originals. https://blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/Checklist_and_Information_Booklet_for_OCI.pdf

@rajkamalmohanram
Can u plz guide me about the current process .
I mean can we apply surrender and OCI at same time?

Here

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
At Bls site it is showing Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping. Hopefully I will get soon.

Reactions: T1@2

tamilvanan3

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
They are no longer doing surrender and OCI together in Toronto. It's a 2-stage process, to remind us to celebrate once this is all done.

Also note they seem to have updated the document checklists recently, so check the latest information on BLS website, or call them. For example, the OCI checklist is now asking for self-attested copies for supporting documents, no more originals. https://blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/Checklist_and_Information_Booklet_for_OCI.pdf
I asked the same question earlier .Thank you

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
Anyone has had any success booking same day appointments at Toronto or Brampton lately?

Been refreshing since 8 am with no luck.

I did see appointments yesterday at Brampton but forgot what time exactly I saw it (weird enough I checked after noon and I could see plenty of same day)

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016

Only for return. I mailed the application myself.

PR_Applicant

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
AOR Received.
13-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
01-11-2013
Med's Done....
22-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
28-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
29-Mar-2014
OCI Application Submitted at BLS (Brampton) : December 04, 2021
Date of Acknowledgement : December 17, 2021
Date of Printing : January 21, 2022
Date of dispatch : January 21, 2022
Date of Document received At Toronto : January 21, 2022

waiting for status change at BLS website. hoping to get it in 3-4 days.
Finally received the OCI card by mail today morning delivered by purolator. No more dealing with BLS Brampton.

Reactions: Ryn_20 and vik20

KanadianGuy

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Just an update for everyone applying for OCI.

The BLS agents seems to have a commission or something from the shipping labels they generate for the pick up and drop off services. Every agent i talked to was trying to rush me to pay them and buy the postal services.

I actually chose the pickup and drop off in my first attempt, but they sent back my application for minor things, and i ended up wasting precious time (close to a month) and a few dollars. And then decided to go in person to the BLS Brampton.

Was able to find some appointment within a week (try opening the appointment page once or twice a day, morning and afternoon), and the person i dealt with was nice and intelligent and she guided me through the entire process too.

I am glad i chose to be there in person, other wise i might have ended up wasting another month and 100 more dollars.