+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

kamransharif92

Feb 21, 2017
Hi all,

I applied for OCI card on Feb 2nd. Vancouver
DOA is feb 10th
Showing Under-process
Its been over 10 weeks now, Anyone know the current timelines for Vancouver? Anyone in same boat?

Thanks,
Kamran

kaoru

Oct 3, 2018
:) i have a question unrelated to the above ! i will going in-person to my appointment in montreal next week. and i have already submitted the online application and printed it out. during the in-person appointment, how should i arrange the documents for them ? stapled together ? or use only paper-clips ? in an envelope ? i have my money-order ready as well. i will be asking for an in-person pick-up arrangement when the OCI is ready and not purolator. i just wanted to know how to prepare them in order for the agent to receive my application.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
:) i have a question unrelated to the above ! i will going in-person to my appointment in montreal next week. and i have already submitted the online application and printed it out. during the in-person appointment, how should i arrange the documents for them ? stapled together ? or use only paper-clips ? in an envelope ? i have my money-order ready as well. i will be asking for an in-person pick-up arrangement when the OCI is ready and not purolator. i just wanted to know how to prepare them in order for the agent to receive my application.
-No need to staple the documents together.
-Envelope is not required.
-Like I said before on this thread, its BLS's mandate to force you to accept delivery by courier. So you have to be crafty in your response why you do not want avail this service.

Reactions: kaoru

Mr Dev

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
shall make an appointment on the name of premium lounge to apply OCI, because no appointments available in Mississauga location for the upcoming entire month.

TQ
There is an additional charge for Premium lounge .. $100 .. it includes return post ,photograph ,fix any errors on your application etc .. they won't take your application without paying this fees.

Reactions: kaoru and ThenT

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
don't staple.
arrange in the order of items mentioned on the checklist (this is also mentioned on the checklist itself).
no envelope; you'll be handing over all documents as a set across the counter.

theAvengersFan

May 10, 2020
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
14-06-2022
AOR Received.
19-08-2022
I was at BLS Brampton today for OCI. I asked her specifically not to add any extra charges except return courier charges. Still she charged me 10$ extra. I was given two different receipts.
1) For OCI return courier, 62.40$ (I know it should have been 40$ as per BLS and CONSULATE website) and
2) 10$ for some random charges.

It says PC PACK 10-10 Fee Receipt. Does anyone know what BLS charged me for?

P.S - I haven’t used any of their services such as Photocopy, photographs or SMS/Call alert options. Nothing.

I asked her but she gave me some random reply saying it is inquiry charges as OCI is lifetime visa. What a load of sh*t.

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I was at BLS Brampton today for OCI. I asked her specifically not to add any extra charges except return courier charges. Still she charged me 10$ extra. I was given two different receipts.
1) For OCI return courier, 62.40$ (I know it should have been 40$ as per BLS and CONSULATE website) and
2) 10$ for some random charges.

It says PC PACK 10-10 Fee Receipt. Does anyone know what BLS charged me for?

P.S - I haven’t used any of their services such as Photocopy, photographs or SMS/Call alert options. Nothing.

I asked her but she gave me some random reply saying it is inquiry charges as OCI is lifetime visa. What a load of sh*t.
Passport Cover diya ke nahin ?

Anandh S

Mar 13, 2024
Can my baby travel to India from Canada on an eVisa for an emergency while the OCI is in process and stay for more than 6 months? Once I collect the OCI here, Can I take it to India later on in the year, and exit after 6 months?
im in the same situation , did that FRRO update from e-visa to OCI works ?