+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
If anyone applying Oci for minor, do take your surrender certificate and citizenship certificate soft copies as well. They asked for it even though these are NOT a part of the checklist.

Reactions: forw.jane

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
If anyone applying Oci for minor, do take your surrender certificate and citizenship certificate soft copies as well. They asked for it even though these are NOT a part of the checklist.
these are a part of the checklist. minor documentation says cover these n these points above (which includes SC and CC), and in addition to that minor documentation.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Visited BLS Mississauga today.
They wanted us to show WIP family OCI applications too (by selecting the status - not granted). Submitted accordingly. Will keep all posted about the outcome.
$60 charged for courier stating that pickup service isn't available at that location and the only drop down option they see which they have to select is $60.
@abbas.pasha
@Tarakeshwar
my daughter's application was quite straight forward, just paid 62.40 for courier.
but am seeing something new (not seen in past OCI applications from the family).
BLS tracking site shows underprocess, but also shows "comments" which is our full address and today's date and afternoon time stamp (we visited 9am today).
should i read much into this? application returned??

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Finally today i received my OCI , for family it arrived couple of weeks ago.
took a while to get them back as I submitted postal application in First week of January at BLS Surrey

thanks to group for providing advice as and when needed. Will be happy to address Questions posted within this forum

Reactions: forw.jane

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
my daughter's application was quite straight forward, just paid 62.40 for courier.
but am seeing something new (not seen in past OCI applications from the family).
BLS tracking site shows underprocess, but also shows "comments" which is our full address and today's date and afternoon time stamp (we visited 9am today).
should i read much into this? application returned??
Underprocess means it's still with BLS and not given to consulate for further processing. Nothing to worry.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Underprocess means it's still with BLS and not given to consulate for further processing. Nothing to worry.
thanks. but am not concerned abt under-process; i know it is like that and after some days tracking shifts to GOI tracker.

i'm just intrigued about the comments section - mentioning my address and today's date + time stamp. to a scared, paranoid mind - it looks fishy, like application marked for return etc?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
thanks. but am not concerned abt under-process; i know it is like that and after some days tracking shifts to GOI tracker.

i'm just intrigued about the comments section - mentioning my address and today's date + time stamp. to a scared, paranoid mind - it looks fishy, like application marked for return etc?
You did in-person submission? If yes, they don't get returned.

Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
Guys how much is Purolator return label if we submit an OCI application in person ?? Also does $100 premium lounge includes that cost.
Did postal application and return label was $62

Reactions: Mr Dev

AC103

Jun 28, 2023
My sister did this. She entered on visa. Her OCI got delivered in Canada. We sent it through someone to India. She contacted FRRO and got OCI registration certificate.

Hi,
Can you please check with your sister about on what visa she entered India( Tourist Visa or Entry Visa)?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi,
Can you please check with your sister about on what visa she entered India( Tourist Visa or Entry Visa)?
It does not matter if you are in India on Tourist eVisa or Entry Visa.
Once you receive the OCI card you can contact FRRO.
Issue comes when you visit on Tourist eVisa, you cannot apply for OCI in India.

Tarakeshwar

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-12-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
take photocopies and digital copies of every known document with you along costs a few cents more.. rather than dealing with them making us pay $100's put of our nose..