+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
Hello,
Is it possible to surrender Indian PP before i have Canadian PP in hand?
Are they still doing in mail applications or one could only do in person .
Thanks
Yes, I submitted my surrender application before I got my Canadian passport. I just had to submit a cover letter, along with my application, explaining why I didn't apply for a Canadian PP.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
For Surrender certificate and OCI application, can we walk in to BLS (either Brampton or Toronto), or is it appointment only?

If they are accepting walk-ins, then what is the approximate wait time?

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
My OCI status:

Application submitted BLS Toronto By appointment: 30-Dec-2021
Acknowledge on OCI website:13-Jan-2022
Hey, did they request marriage certificate or spouse passport copy for your OCI? I know its not in the official checklist but I'm getting confusing info. as some folks mentioned it was needed.
P.S: I'm asking about OCI for a couple and not the child's

Sudha1@

Mar 10, 2018
Hey, did they request marriage certificate or spouse passport copy for your OCI? I know its not in the official checklist but I'm getting confusing info. as some folks mentioned it was needed.
P.S: I'm asking about OCI for a couple and not the child's
If your passport is already updated with spouse information, you do not need to submit the marriage certificate.
Otherwise they are asking for the marriage certificate.

Reactions: jackbauer

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-1-2014
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2014
LANDED..........
2 Aug 2014
Yes, I submitted my surrender application before I got my Canadian passport. I just had to submit a cover letter, along with my application, explaining why I didn't apply for a Canadian PP.
Thanks, i have applied fot canadian pp, i just mentioned that i haven’t received it yet. I will attach the cover letter and canadian pp file number.

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
Do I need to carry my original Canadian passport for my OCI application if I apply in person? Or will a photo copy suffice? My original Canadian passport is at another consulate right now for a visa stamping and that process might take a while.

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Passport Req..
15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
I am applying for my passport surrender certificate in Vancouver jurisdiction.
Anyone with experience in submitting surrender certificate applications at Surrey or Vancouver, please help me with the following.

Documents I have -
1) Online app form
2) Indian passport (original and one copy of first and last page)
3) Canadian passport (one copy of the first page)
4) COPR (copy)
5) Citizenship certificate (copy)
6) Address proof (copy)
7) One photo
8) Fee 129.40 (cash or debit)
9) Checklist

- Am I missing something for the supporting documents?
- Do we need to upload a digital photo?
- Do we need to upload any supporting documents from the above list?
- Any requirement for the documents to be attested or self-attested?
- If we need to upload any docs, then what format or file size it should be?
- I don't see any place to upload anything while preparing my online form (not submitted yet).

Please suggest if there is anything I missed or I need to be careful about.

sswalia

Dec 3, 2017
Hello,
I am applying for Passport Surrender Certificate at BLS Toronto. Can I also submit my OCI application at the same time or do I need to wait for the surrender certificate first?
Thanks!

thisisdna

Nov 19, 2021
I did postal , they asked for original Canadian passport, old indian passport
Did they ask you to submit the originals when you called them or did you send the originals because the checklist required it? This is quite confusing becuase the BLS reps on the phone are saying don't send originals but the checklist actually states to send in the originals.

Also, the checklist also asks for a professional details letter? Did you submit anything for that?

thisisdna

Nov 19, 2021
1 - No, I did it yesterday and only originals were verified
2 - It is best to attach the COPR and Marriage Certificate. Some agents look for COPR, some don't.
3. 4 docs - 1) CURRENT PASSPORT OF CHILD 2) CURRENT INDIAN PASSPORT OF PARENTS/GRAND PARENTS/GREAT GRAND PARENTS/SPOUSE
3) RELATIONSHIP CERTIFICATE (CHILD'S CERTIFIED BIRTH CERTIFICATE) 4) MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
Hi, just wondering when you said that only originals are verified? How exactly were they verified? Like did you send in through a postal application and then they sent it back to you?

thisisdna

Nov 19, 2021
OCI - HELP!!!

Hello everyone,

I am applying for my fresh OCI booklet.

1. Do I need to submit and send any original documents?
2. Do I need to send COPR and marriage certificate as well as upload it in OCI online application?
3. Apart from the photo and signature, what other documents do I need to upload in the online application?

Please confirm.
Thanks.
Hey, just wanted to double check and see if you submitted any originals through purolator for your OCI application?

Gkan

Jan 11, 2022
You don't need to send the original birth certificate, need to send the long form with both parents information, along with consent form , consent form you need to get notarized and both parents picture need to be there
Copy of the birth certificate
Did they ask you to submit the originals when you called them or did you send the originals because the checklist required it? This is quite confusing becuase the BLS reps on the phone are saying don't send originals but the checklist actually states to send in the originals.

Also, the checklist also asks for a professional details letter? Did you submit anything for that?
I had gone to the BLS centre back in early Dec , I needed to get attested my birth certificate as I born in Canada , that time they told me I can use purlator and need to send my original. But I heard you don't have to. They have returned my originals.

thisisdna

Nov 19, 2021
Copy of the birth certificate

I had gone to the BLS centre back in early Dec , I needed to get attested my birth certificate as I born in Canada , that time they told me I can use purlator and need to send my original. But I heard you don't have to. They have returned my originals.
Okay, do you mean that they returned your originals to you through purolator or just gave it back to you when you applied in person?

Also, when you applied for your OCI, did you submit a professional details letter? I've noticed that the checklist has such a requirement.

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
Hello,
I am applying for Passport Surrender Certificate at BLS Toronto. Can I also submit my OCI application at the same time or do I need to wait for the surrender certificate first?
Thanks!
Can we submit surrender certificate and OCI application at the same time? Would like to know the answer to this also

Gkan

Jan 11, 2022
Okay, do you mean that they returned your originals to you through purolator or just gave it back to you when you applied in person?

Also, when you applied for your OCI, did you submit a professional details letter? I've noticed that the checklist has such a requirement.
Through Purlator they returned, I attached my employment letter.