+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

thisisdna

Nov 19, 2021
Through Purlator they returned, I attached my employment letter.
Did you have to pay extra to Purolator because now they are doing another drop off to you?

For example we usually pay the price for purolator which includes pick up of the application and then drop off when OCI is issued. Now with them returning the passport to you in a separate drop off before returning your OCI did you have to pay extra to purolator?

thisisdna

Nov 19, 2021
Can we submit surrender certificate and OCI application at the same time? Would like to know the answer to this also
For the Toronto/Brampton jurisdiction you cannot do both surrender and OCI applications at the same time anymore. You need to apply for a surrender certificate first, then once that is issued you can apply for an OCI card.

Actually looking the new checklists it seems that now even for entry visa and tourist visa you need to show a surrender certificate (if you are of indian origin).

Gkan

Jan 11, 2022
Did you have to pay extra to Purolator because now they are doing another drop off to you?

For example we usually pay the price for purolator which includes pick up of the application and then drop off when OCI is issued. Now with them returning the passport to you in a separate drop off before returning your OCI did you have to pay extra to purolator?
Yes ,$37 extra . But lots of people are not sending the originals , so try without that and if they need that they will let you know.

I applied Dec 24th via Purlator. Status is under process.

SHIVAAY

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Hello Everyone, i have a few question.

1) I did part A and part B of the application. there is an option to upload mandatory documents. Do i upload it there and take the supporting documents to BLS? could someone confirm?

2) Also, could some one confirm with the fees please a breakdown with amount of bank draft and anything else that we can pay using debit at the BLS that will be really helpful to confirm.

3) I remember, my husband did both surrender certificate and OCI together few years back. Can that still be done?

Thanks

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
If I apply for OCI in person, do they return the original documents like Canadian passport on the spot or do they keep them and return them later?

Torontosingh

Apr 28, 2021
For OCI Application where do we find consent form ? Not able to find on BLS website. Any specific format ? And does it need to have both ( mother and father) photo on it

Apart from photo and signature what else we need to upload online for OCI application? Can some one confirm please.Thanks

SHIVAAY

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
could someone confirm the timeline that it takes for surrendering the Indian passport?

I am looking to book appointment in the future for OCI. I have my surrendering the Indian passport appointment for tomm