OCI process

mehtab007

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone.

After the OCI postal application for BLS Brampton has been received via Purolator, how long it takes for the application received to be shown on BLS website tracking status? I read it is supposed to be next day.. but my OCI application was received on 11th Jan and its still not showing up.

Any ideas? Thanks.

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
I don't think they would take anything original. I just went for surrender of my passport today & there are at least 3-4 candidates that are there because of a minor error in postal submission. Just do a walk-in or better book an appointment for Toronto BLS.
They gave me back my 129$ DD as they said now application is different for postal vs walk-in.
Are they allowing walk-ins?

JustThankful

Dec 14, 2021
Hello all, Just a quick question. How do you know if/when BLS has shipped the Passport surrender certificate and cancelled passport?
How can we check this through a tracking number? Please advise.
For one of my applications, the status shows that the surrender certificate has been printed but I havent received the same.
thanks in advance

kaminenis

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Hello all, Just a quick question. How do you know if/when BLS has shipped the Passport surrender certificate and cancelled passport?
How can we check this through a tracking number? Please advise.
For one of my applications, the status shows that the surrender certificate has been printed but I havent received the same.
thanks in advance
use u r application number CANTXXXXX in purelator tracking. mostly it will take 3 to 4 days to receive.

JustThankful

Dec 14, 2021
use u r application number CANTXXXXX in purelator tracking. mostly it will take 3 to 4 days to receive.
Thank you. I'm afraid I didnt understand.
the "CANT*****" is for OCI applications right? I tried that and it doesnt work on Purolator site.
The question is more for "Passport surrender certificate and cancelled passport". Is there a way to track that return? Please advise

kaminenis

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Thank you. I'm afraid I didnt understand.
the "CANT*****" is for OCI applications right? I tried that and it doesnt work on Purolator site.
The question is more for "Passport surrender certificate and cancelled passport". Is there a way to track that return? Please advise
for surrender certificate tracking number like application number 21-2004XXXXX

kaminenis

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
My OCI status:

Application submitted BLS Toronto By appointment: 30-Dec-2021
Acknowledge on OCI website:13-Jan-2022

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
Since last week, the status for my passport surrender says "Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance." in CG website.
Any idea on how much longer does it take to get certificate on hand?
Do you know how long it took for you to receive the surrender PP after the above update. just want to know the number of days

haarwiny

Jan 14, 2022
Hello I am applying OCI card for my 2 months old daughter born here in Ontario.

Parents are Canadian PR's with Indian passport/citizenship.

I have a question regarding the birth certificate. On this website https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/oci-application/ its mentioned:

I am a bit confused, do we have to send the original birth certificate and get it attested as well ? Can someone please confirm?
Did you figure this out? I am in same dilemma.
Earlier there was no such requirement, I do not even live in Toronto so how can I get it done?

haarwiny

Jan 14, 2022
Hi @shafeeq87

Did you just provide a copy of the birth certificate, or was it attested by two authorities?

As per CGI Toronto:
If birth certificate is issued by Canadian government, it is required to be attested by Ministry of Consumer Affairs/government services (222 Jarvis Street, Toronto) and thereafter from the Consulate of India, Toronto.

But BLS checklist doesn't mention anything about attestation.
Hi! Did you figure this out? Do we need to submit attested birth certificate and how can we get it done? Thanks

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-1-2014
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2014
LANDED..........
2 Aug 2014
Hello,
Is it possible to surrender Indian PP before i have Canadian PP in hand?
Are they still doing in mail applications or one could only do in person .
Thanks

Gkan

Jan 11, 2022
Did you figure this out? I am in same dilemma.
Earlier there was no such requirement, I do not even live in Toronto so how can I get it done?
You don't need to send the original birth certificate, need to send the long form with both parents information, along with consent form , consent form you need to get notarized and both parents picture need to be there