sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Date Of Acknowledgment 14-OCT-2021

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 08-NOV-2021
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHI On 09-NOV-2021
Document received At TORONTO On 09-NOV-2021

Latest status on Puralotor shows: out for delivery
how to check Purolator status. Can you please share the URL of the page?

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
How is everyone able to submit through walk in? Toronto location is accepting appointments mostly and there is very low chance for OCI applicants to submit document via walk in based on what people told over there. Is Brampton location better for walk-in?
Brampton won't take any originals except indian passport. Toronto location took original COPR also. Better to be before 6 AM @ both locations to be first few of walk-in line.

Reactions: maplecan20

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
How is everyone able to submit through walk in? Toronto location is accepting appointments mostly and there is very low chance for OCI applicants to submit document via walk in based on what people told over there. Is Brampton location better for walk-in?
yes, but arrive before 6:30 AM

Reactions: maplecan20

rohansekhri

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
Toronto
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
Congrats!

Don't do it at Toronto BLS. Go for Brampton BLS instead. I've heard reports that Toronto BLS doesn't allow you to apply for OCI + Surrender together (@vishalv had this experience) and they collect your original COPR.

None of this happens at Brampton BLS. No BS. You can submit both applications together and no original document will be collected (except for Indian passport for surrender).

I did apply for Nexus and my application has been conditionally approved. But the enrollment centers haven't reopened yet so can't book appointments. I have until October 2023 to book an appointment and get the card so I have plenty of time and I am not in a hurry.
This is not true. I had a flawless experience at Toronto BLS and at least 10 families I guided and/or know who are about to receive their OCIs from Toronto BLS and applied for both surrender and OCI together. In fact, my app was wrong. Somehow autocomplete in my browser kicked in and it had Scarborough as my place of birth in the surrender form which I didn’t check. They asked me to get it corrected and resubmit. Did it in a couple of hours and they accepted the same day.

they took our citizenship certs and returned with the surrender certificate .
The only time they refuse to process them together is when the surrender is complete and OCI has issues. In fact, they gave that person an option, but he chose to do it together.

mili_0923

Oct 26, 2021
Date Of Acknowledgment 14-OCT-2021

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 08-NOV-2021
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHI On 09-NOV-2021
Document received At TORONTO On 09-NOV-2021

Latest status on Puralotor shows: out for delivery
It surprises me that the dispatch from NEW DELHI to here can be within a day. Do they actually print the booklet here at the BLS center?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
This is not true. I had a flawless experience at Toronto BLS and at least 10 families I guided and/or know who are about to receive their OCIs from Toronto BLS and applied for both surrender and OCI together. In fact, my app was wrong. Somehow autocomplete in my browser kicked in and it had Scarborough as my place of birth in the surrender form which I didn’t check. They asked me to get it corrected and resubmit. Did it in a couple of hours and they accepted the same day.

they took our citizenship certs and returned with the surrender certificate .
The only time they refuse to process them together is when the surrender is complete and OCI has issues. In fact, they gave that person an option, but he chose to do it together.
Hmmm I provided my opinions based on previous experiences posted here. Thanks for the clarification.

Still, it would be best to submit at BLS Brampton IMO because they do NOT take any other originals other than the Indian passport for surrender.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
It surprises me that the dispatch from NEW DELHI to here can be within a day. Do they actually print the booklet here at the BLS center?
My two cents is that the consulate prints it here. Hence the fast dispatch timing.

guptavandana86

Mar 15, 2021
Hi Experts,

Can someone let me know when I can expect OCI for my child with below dates ? This is for Toronto region.
We are planning to go to India by 3rd/4th week of Nov so just curious to know.

1. Purolator picked by child's OCI application on 06-Oct
2. Purolator delivered to BLS on 07-Oct.
3. BLS started with application on 16-Oct, submitted to CGI on 18-Oct.
4. Date of ack on OCI website is on 26-Oct, even today the status remains same.

When can I expect an update from OCI and BLS yet.

Note: BLS site is showing with status as 'counter delivery to BLS after OCI stamping' since 18-Oct. When I called customer care of BLS they said, its a wrong update on BLS update.

Thanks
Hi there,
we are Canadian citizens now and want to apply OCI for our newborn. Can you please help me with below question- it’s not very clear on website. Since getting walk in appointment are difficult, I m thinking to apply postal application.

1. we need to upload self attested copies on website . Child cannot self attest copy of his passport. Who can do so? Can one of parent do it?

2. do we need to send originals for postal application?

canadabharath

Nov 11, 2021
Hi,

1. For minors, parents can do self attestation on passport. This is what I have done for my child.
2. For postal application of OCI for child, I don't think we need to submit originals. I haven't submitted any.