+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
@sharadsinha - Any luck with your application, just curious to know timelines.
yes it has been processed on 12th Nov. Just waiting to receive it. Most probably will get it by Tuesday 16th Nov. The current status on BLS website is "Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping ". Hoping to see some update on Monday.

Last edited:

Sa1gari

Oct 27, 2021
BLS told someone to wait until Nov 15. e-visa seems to be making a comeback. It's verbal, so can't fully trust it
sent many emails to CGI Vancouver officer regarding evisa, they never bother even to reply with an update or anything.. wondering what would be the mandate for these staff employed in these offices!! so frustrating to see this kind of service from Government of India staff in Canada

July2020

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017

saskatoongirl

Apr 30, 2016
Hello every one,
I have few questions regarding surrendering of Indian passport and applying for oci card by postal services.
For surrendering Indian passport , the checklist does not require to submit COPR whereas it is mentioned on the website home page to submit copr? so is it required or not?
For OCI,
I do not have my husband's name on my indian or canadian passport and he is a Canadian permanent resident at the moment .on the oci checklist it says in this scenario, if you are married in india you need to provide original marriage certificate plus spouse's original proof or canadian status and landing . I do not understand why do i need to send in originals of my husband ? can any one please clarify.Thank you.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Hello every one,
I have few questions regarding surrendering of Indian passport and applying for oci card by postal services.
For surrendering Indian passport , the checklist does not require to submit COPR whereas it is mentioned on the website home page to submit copr? so is it required or not?
For OCI,
I do not have my husband's name on my indian or canadian passport and he is a Canadian permanent resident at the moment .on the oci checklist it says in this scenario, if you are married in india you need to provide original marriage certificate plus spouse's original proof or canadian status and landing . I do not understand why do i need to send in originals of my husband ? can any one please clarify.Thank you.
Doesn’t matter if his name is there or not. Yes you will need to provide self attested photocopies of his documents as well. COPR PR card passport copy and Indian marriage certificate. I had to do the same with my wife’s documents as she’s a PR currently

Lastly. Do not submit any originals my post except Indian passport. Self attested Copies are enough. I read someone say that here.

Not sure if you can apply in person. Much easier process

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
We applied Oct last week @ Toronto location, and it still says 'No such record found'. Hopefully, we see something this week.
Did you have to go there at 5.45 AM too of did you book your appointment ahead of time? Can you describe the process & if you had submitted the originals as well?

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Did you have to go there at 5.45 AM too of did you book your appointment ahead of time? Can you describe the process & if you had submitted the originals as well?
1) It was good experience. Walk-in. Went @ 5 AM. Already 3rd in Line.
2) Applied both surrender and oci.
3) Got into office by 8:45 AM.
4) They took Original IND passport and original COPR for oci.
5) $345 draft for oci.
6) All other fees, debit card is fine.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
1) It was good experience. Walk-in. Went @ 5 AM. Already 3rd in Line.
2) Applied both surrender and oci.
3) Got into office by 8:45 AM.
4) They took Original passport and original COPR for oci.
It is clearly getting worse if you were there at 5 AM and were still 3rd line. 6 weeks ago I was there at 6:30 and I was 5th in line.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
It is clearly getting worse if you were there at 5 AM and were still 3rd line. 6 weeks ago I was there at 6:30 and I was 5th in line.
When I applied, I went at 6 AM and I was first in line (technically second because there was someone waiting in his car already). Offered the person to go in first but he declined and so, I went in first. It is getting busy now a days.