+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

akshay.1o

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
hi everyone, me question isnt related to oci, but i dont know where to post this question, please answer if you can, it will be big help, so
according to new rules by delhi airport starting 22nd feb 2021 that everyone need to get covid tested upon arrival a delhi, i am travelling with my 4 months old son, will they test him for covid? wouldnt that be painfull for 4 months old? or they willl exempt him? anyone knows?

muba

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Hi,

I have trouble in uploading photos on OCI website, can someone tell me how to do so?
Its a regular process of uploading any document. After you upload, if the photo is not appearing properly in the frame, you have the option to crop or drag the image to fit properly in the frame. Hope this helps.

akshay.1o

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
can anyone please help? I tried to track my sons oci application, i slecetd postal application because i sent it via purolator but showed nothing, then i tried walkin option just to check and its showing this message
Document Details
# Document
1 Mother’s name should be as per your indian passport
2 Father’s name should be as per your indian passport
3 other common errors

Remark:- Dear applicant, your incomplete/ incorrect application is being sent back because of the following reasons. - redo online form and mention both parents’ names as per their current passports. - provide valid canadian address proof. we are sending back 2 original documents along with the application.

My son never had india passport so i dont know why they are asking :AS PER INDIAN PASSPORT:
I sent phone bill as address proof.
I redownloaded forms a&b that i sent bls to double these mistakes that they are saying, its all correct on the form, i dont know why they are saying its wrong, they even showing wrong date of birth of my son but i put correct date of birth according to forms i submitted.

Last edited:

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Are you still not able to track your application on the BLS website either?
You can try calling them between 8-9 (that’s when I’ve had the most success). Keep hammering the redial button.
Another option is to submit a ticket/file a complaint on the BLS website. They usually get back within 2 days.
Good luck!
I was finally able to get hold of them and the application reflects now.

The status is "Ready for Collection" for my OCI. So what will be the next step?

bhaumik52

Oct 8, 2019
After month of applying via postal service at Brampton BLS (BLS receive my document on Feb 4 as per Purolator tracking) , I can see the status of date of acknowledge on Consulate General website : Mar 2, 2021

Almost 4 week for acknowledgement from CGI. Maybe another 4 weeks for processing? so is new timeline of around 8 weeks or was it only mine with such issue.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
After month of applying via postal service at Brampton BLS (BLS receive my document on Feb 4 as per Purolator tracking) , I can see the status of date of acknowledge on Consulate General website : Mar 2, 2021

Almost 4 week for acknowledgement from CGI. Maybe another 4 weeks for processing? so is new timeline of around 8 weeks or was it only mine with such issue.
Yeah, I’m not sure either, if the processing time starts when it’s acknowledged by CGI or when BLS receives it.
If it’s the latter, I expect to receive my OCI in 1.5 weeks and surrender in 3 weeks from now. Seems like they have really slowed down compared to postal applications timelines in Sept - Nov of 2020.

carol90

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
I have a question, Do we need surrender our old expired Indian Passport along with the current Indian Passport ?. I lost my old passport.

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
hi everyone, me question isnt related to oci, but i dont know where to post this question, please answer if you can, it will be big help, so
according to new rules by delhi airport starting 22nd feb 2021 that everyone need to get covid tested upon arrival a delhi, i am travelling with my 4 months old son, will they test him for covid? wouldnt that be painfull for 4 months old? or they willl exempt him? anyone knows?
I have a friend who went with 3 years old daughter without COVID and they didn't allowed to board the flight at Toronto airport. Your kid is too young.. Please check with Indian Embassy on this.

wonderclicks

Nov 3, 2013
Mississauga
Hey Guys,

I'm applying for both OCI & Surrender certificate at same time and have following questions, can anyone confirm if my fees and copies required are correct.

OCI Fees :
  • 2 Separate Bank Draft for the following
  • "The Consulate General of India - Toronto" - Total Draft: $425.00
  • "BLS International Services Canada Inc." - $7.40 + Courier Charges 30$ = Total Draft = 37.40$
Surrender Fees:
  • 1 Bank Draft "BLS International Services Canada Inc." 250.4 (240 + Consular 3 + BLS Fee 7.4) – Total Draft = 257.4$
Questions:
  • Planning to send it by courier to BLS Brampton, but unable to reach them on phone any suggestions?
  • I hope I can send both OCI & Surrender application together in one package?
  • Any idea how much time it takes to complete the process through courier.

Last edited: