+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

bhaumik52

Oct 8, 2019
Hey Guys,

I'm applying for both OCI & Surrender certificate at same time and have following questions, can anyone confirm if my fees and copies required are correct.

OCI Fees :
  • 2 Separate Bank Draft for the following
  • "The Consulate General of India - Toronto" - Total Draft: $425.00
  • "BLS International Services Canada Inc." - $7.40 + Courier Charges 30$ = Total Draft = 37.40$
Surrender Fees:
  • 1 Bank Draft "BLS International Services Canada Inc." 250.4 (240 + Consular 3 + BLS Fee 7.4) – Total Draft = 257.4$
Questions:
  • Planning to send it by courier to BLS Brampton, but unable to reach them on phone any suggestions?
  • I hope I can send both OCI & Surrender application together in one package?
  • Any idea how much it takes to get the OC
Keep calling the number continuously, until you get through them. would take 30-40 tries. People have had better luck when called between 8-9AM

Yes you can send both the package together. When you are ready to courier, you can call BLS and setup for courier service. they would charge you for return courier service too at same time.

wonderclicks

Nov 3, 2013
Mississauga
Keep calling the number continuously, until you get through them. would take 30-40 tries. People have had better luck when called between 8-9AM

Yes you can send both the package together. When you are ready to courier, you can call BLS and setup for courier service. they would charge you for return courier service too at same time.
Thank you for your response. Sure will give them a try between 8-9 and see if I can get hold of anyone, if lucky I don't have to add courier charges when taking the draft right?

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Thank you for your response. Sure will give them a try between 8-9 and see if I can get hold of anyone, if lucky I don't have to add courier charges when taking the draft right?
Have a look at my post here detailing my experience: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-9165358

Easiest way to handle all the courier stuff would be to call BLS between 8-9 ET. Keep hammering that redial button and don’t give up, as annoying as it is. If you go through them for Purolator, you don’t have to pay additional fees via bank draft to ship it back.

Reactions: wonderclicks

wonderclicks

Nov 3, 2013
Mississauga
Have a look at my post here detailing my experience: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-9165358

Easiest way to handle all the courier stuff would be to call BLS between 8-9 ET. Keep hammering that redial button and don’t give up, as annoying as it is. If you go through them for Purolator, you don’t have to pay additional fees via bank draft to ship it back.
That's great ! Thanks for the heads up :)

skykhan

Mar 4, 2021
Hi,

i am new to this forum

Applied for citizenship back in October 2017
aor Dec 06,2017
In process December 21,2017
Finger prints November 2019

Security,Background and criminality passed since January 2020

Nothing after this .

called couple of times But no Help

Mp no Help
Minister no Help

Any suggestions please

wonderclicks

Nov 3, 2013
Mississauga

Since peel region is moving to Grey zone, hope BLS opens doors for inhouse applications, can save few $$ I will hold on for a week time and see.

unique_username

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
03-15-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-04-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
Hey Guys,

I'm applying for both OCI & Surrender certificate at same time and have following questions, can anyone confirm if my fees and copies required are correct.

OCI Fees :
  • 2 Separate Bank Draft for the following
  • "The Consulate General of India - Toronto" - Total Draft: $425.00
  • "BLS International Services Canada Inc." - $7.40 + Courier Charges 30$ = Total Draft = 37.40$
Surrender Fees:
  • 1 Bank Draft "BLS International Services Canada Inc." 250.4 (240 + Consular 3 + BLS Fee 7.4) – Total Draft = 257.4$
Questions:
  • Planning to send it by courier to BLS Brampton, but unable to reach them on phone any suggestions?
  • I hope I can send both OCI & Surrender application together in one package?
  • Any idea how much time it takes to complete the process through courier.
I have recently applied for my daughter's OCI who was born in Canada last yr. I am Canadian citizen (Indian by birth) and mother is Indian citizen. Yes, you need two drafts. $425 and $7.40. For courier, they have a link on their site. I used that to pay for pickup and delivery. You don't need to send any originals. All photocopies is good to go and self attested is a must. You have to upload digital photo and thumb print (don't ask me why they need this) and the same digital photo as a hard copy too. I learnt that not all photo studios in GTA give you digital copy.

Regarding calling them, I called around 11:45am - 12:15pm. I had all kinds of doubts when I was filling the application. I got to right away when i called during that time frame. I spoke to them multiple times. I never had any issues getting hold of them. Yes, there is a wait time for the call to be connected to a rep but it wasn't longer than 5 mins.

Good luck.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
After month of applying via postal service at Brampton BLS (BLS receive my document on Feb 4 as per Purolator tracking) , I can see the status of date of acknowledge on Consulate General website : Mar 2, 2021

Almost 4 week for acknowledgement from CGI. Maybe another 4 weeks for processing? so is new timeline of around 8 weeks or was it only mine with such issue.
Any update on either your surrender or OCI application?
My surrender is still at “processing at consulate general” but OCI has been dispatched to Toronto.
When I called BLS, the lady mentioned that processing times are now 2 months for both OCI + Surrender FROM the date of acknowledgment by CGI. Not from when BLS receives it. So frustrating.

Last edited:

maxpayne

Aug 23, 2014
Canada
Documents Printing Status: PROCESSED On 11-MAR-2021
No update on Dispatch info.

OCI application status for my son:

Embassy/Location: Ottawa
Shipped: Jan. 27, 2021
Delivered: Jan. 29, 2021
Acknowledgment from BLS(e-mail): Feb 3, 2021
Acknowledgment at embassy(ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury): Feb 6, 2021

Fingers crossed.

bhaumik52

Oct 8, 2019
Any update on either your surrender or OCI application?
My surrender is still at “processing at consulate general” but OCI has been dispatched to Toronto.
When I called BLS, the lady mentioned that processing times are now 2 months for both OCI + Surrender FROM the date of acknowledgment by CGI. Not from when BLS receives it. So frustrating.
No nothing yet. Both passport surrender + OCI are under process at CGI. BLS takes a month to send it to CGI and then another 2 months. This is frustrating!

Nov 21, 2020
Hi guys - I have an appointment to submit the documents on Monday for a new OCI application and I have a query.

BLS's website says money order should be addressed to "The Consulate General of India - Toronto" ($425) and "BLS International Services Canada Inc" ($7.40). I went to the bank and they said both names are too long and they've put the following names on the money orders:

"Consulate General of India - Toronto" (Removed 'the')
"BLS INTL Services Canada Inc."(shortened International to just 'INTL')

Question: Will this be an issue?

I've had a very hard time dealing with BLS. They customer care is not reachable all across Canada. I dont know why the Indian consulate hasn't replaced BLS by "VFS" or some other better agency. BLS's customer service is shockingly bad!

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hi guys - I have an appointment to submit the documents on Monday for a new OCI application and I have a query.

BLS's website says money order should be addressed to "The Consulate General of India - Toronto" ($425) and "BLS International Services Canada Inc" ($7.40). I went to the bank and they said both names are too long and they've put the following names on the money orders:

"Consulate General of India - Toronto" (Removed 'the')
"BLS INTL Services Canada Inc."(shortened International to just 'INTL')

Question: Will this be an issue?

I've had a very hard time dealing with BLS. They customer care is not reachable all across Canada. I dont know why the Indian consulate hasn't replaced BLS by "VFS" or some other better agency. BLS's customer service is shockingly bad!
Hmm, that is odd. Which bank did you go to? TD had no problem printing the entire name on my bank drafts.
Theoretically, it shouldn’t be an issue, but BLS is can be super picky, so you might just have to roll the dice on this one.
Try calling them between 8-9ET, and keep hitting redial. It takes me an average of 62 attempts each time before I get a hold of someone.

muba

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Finally received OCI for my daughter...here are the timelines:(postal application)

Docs sent thru Purolator: 26-Jan
Ack mail received from BLS: 04-Feb
Was able to track progress through BLS Website from : 09-Feb
Consulate website tracking started from: 11-Feb (under process)
Status in Con website updated to “Doc processed and dispatched from New Delhi”: 04-Mar
Received OCI at residence: 08-Mar

muba

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
They charge so much for OCI card and it is only 4 pages and that too one page they have stamped something like mountaineering etc not allowed...so left only with 3 pages (although it’s a multiple entry)