Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
I sent my application through mail using Canada post. Based on the tracking number, it has been delivered.

What is the process to check the status of the application and what should I expect next ?

maxpayne

Aug 23, 2014
Canada
Hi Guys,

I am applying OCI for my newborn. I am not able to come to a clear conclusion on what original documents needs to be send via pick and drop service.

Can somebody guide me.

newbei

Dec 17, 2020
Hi Guys,

I am applying OCI for my newborn. I am not able to come to a clear conclusion on what original documents needs to be send via pick and drop service.

Can somebody guide me.
You need to go on the BLS website and under OCI check for Ottawa jurisdiction. The document checklist and forms are available.

You need to fill an online form, print it, take your child’s thumb too and fill the other forms.

Documents: birth certificate, passport, parents Indian passport and work permit/PR card. Address proof, marriage certificate

The documents checklist has everything mentioned.

You need all originals and self attested photocopy. If you do a walk in application at the bls office you will get the parents original documents back. For postal applications please call bls and ask the process as we did a walk in

The fee is $425 plus consular fee. Again you will have to call and ask the consular fee if doing postal or if walk in you can pay the centre via cash or debit. The $425 need to be in a bank draft

Reactions: maxpayne

maxpayne

Aug 23, 2014
Canada
Documents: birth certificate, passport, parents Indian passport and work permit/PR card. Address proof, marriage certificate
If I am sending by post, originals of all these need to be send as well ?

Now they only do postal due to lockdown. I am not able to call them, as either they are too busy or phone line is not working. Have been trying to get hold on them for two days.

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
How long does it take for the application to reflect in the system after the postal application reaches at the BLS office?

San1234_ind

Dec 28, 2019
Hello guys,

I’m applying OCI for my newborn and I’m little bit confused about the documents that needs to be submitted. We hold work permit.
Please correct me if I’m wrong anywhere:
Documents:
Newborn passport
Canadian birth certificate
Parent’s status (work permits)
Parent’s passport
Marriage certificate
Passport photograph of newborn
Do we need address proof? If so, can we provide the mail copy of the bank statement?
I knw that we have two sections part A and B
Part A filled online and part B usually we do it at bls
So I’m not aware of the process from here on as the bls is closed due to lockdown.
How we submit the documents to bls ?
do we need to submit the originals or the self attested hard copies through postal service?

can anyone please help me regarding this?
I’ve contacted them on their Toronto and Brampton number it always says user busy

newbei

Dec 17, 2020
Hello guys,

I’m applying OCI for my newborn and I’m little bit confused about the documents that needs to be submitted. We hold work permit.
Please correct me if I’m wrong anywhere:
Documents:
Newborn passport
Canadian birth certificate
Parent’s status (work permits)
Parent’s passport
Marriage certificate
Passport photograph of newborn
Do we need address proof? If so, can we provide the mail copy of the bank statement?
I knw that we have two sections part A and B
Part A filled online and part B usually we do it at bls
So I’m not aware of the process from here on as the bls is closed due to lockdown.
How we submit the documents to bls ?
do we need to submit the originals or the self attested hard copies through postal service?

can anyone please help me regarding this?
I’ve contacted them on their Toronto and Brampton number it always says user busy
I applied OCI for my new born in Dec 1st week at BLS Montreal walkin , I am on work permit as well. They just taken xerox of utility bill as address proof.
Application is under progress.

visaforca

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Calgary
Hello

I am preparing for OCI documents.(Calgary)
Can anyone please help me.

Under following section which affidavit required? link or sample for affidavit.
I did name split after citizenship so same name just split first name and last name.

NAME AND PLACE OF BIRTH VARIATION:
"In case name is different in Indian and current passport, please provide a notarized affidavit stating the same."

Secondly anyone have recent experience with Calgary BLS? or just apply online/post ?
Is we have to send original supporting documents too with application ?

Thanks

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
How long does it take to reflect in the system once the application reached BLS through postal? I don't see it under Application Status. It reached on Jan 07, 2021.

MCA_123

Jan 12, 2021
Hi,

I am posting this so that it might be helpful for someone applying OCI & Surrender together through postal application.

Submitting my application to Toronto-Brampton center.

1. I called BLS yesterday (416) 307-2237 and the representative said NO originals except Indian passport for surrender. I tried like 50 times to get on the line and talk to a rep.

2. For the postal charges, I used BLS-Purolator online link to schedule a pick and drop off. I had initially paid 80$ for OCI and 50$ as there is no way to send OCI and surrender in one package when you go via online link.
But the representative on the phone refunded the amount that I paid and charged $30 for pickup (you can send both OCI and Surrender documents in one package) and $30 for Surrendered passport drop-off and $30 for OCI. So total $90 for postal charges.
When we are on a call the rep will send payment links to you email and you can navigate through that and use your credit card to pay the amount.

3. After the payment, I received the shipping label for the pickup immediately in an email. This should be printed out and pasted on the envelope.

4. I called Purolator and scheduled a pickup window. While scheduling just mention you need and envelope if you don't have one.

Last edited: