+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

eshan72

Jan 23, 2017
Hi all - For unmarried applicants it says to submit a declaration to the consulate. Can someone give me more details on this please? Should i sent the letter separately to the consulate and include a copy with my OCI app? Do i need to address it to anyone in the consulate?
I went to bls surrey to submit my application n the attendant just gave me a blank paper and told me to write “ I ___________ declare that I’m not married as of _______2020 and then just sign it.

Reactions: Devanginimishra
Dec 28, 2020
Hello! Happy New Year!

I'm at the point where I need to create money orders and I'm struggling to figure out the courier fees to be added in the money orders. I want to submit both the surrender application and OCI app together. The BLS office hasn't been picking up my phone since last year (always hangs up after being on hold and no email response). Can someone please guide me on the fee breakdown? I will be submitting to the Brampton location for a single person.

Appreciate any help! Thank you!

----------------
EDIT: I paid online for 2 pick up and drop off services (one for surrender app and one for OCI app) via the BLS site. Do I still need to attach any courier fees in the money order?

Last edited:

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Hello! Happy New Year!

I'm at the point where I need to create money orders and I'm struggling to figure out the courier fees to be added in the money orders. I want to submit both the surrender application and OCI app together. The BLS office hasn't been picking up my phone since last year (always hangs up after being on hold and no email response). Can someone please guide me on the fee breakdown? I will be submitting to the Brampton location for a single person.

Appreciate any help! Thank you!

----------------
EDIT: I paid online for 2 pick up and drop off services (one for surrender app and one for OCI app) via the BLS site. Do I still need to attach any courier fees in the money order?
How much did you pay for this service?. Another thing if you already filled your application but not submitted. you need to refill again as application is valid for same year like 2020 different and 2021 different. This is for your info which you could see in check list

Dec 28, 2020
How much did you pay for this service?. Another thing if you already filled your application but not submitted. you need to refill again as application is valid for same year like 2020 different and 2021 different. This is for your info which you could see in check list
For the the OCI app I paid about $80.7 and for the passport surrender I paid about $50.7. This includes pick up and drop off. Should i still include any courier fees with the money orders?
And yes, I recently found out about filling out the form in the current calendar year so I re-filled it all out on Jan 1. :)

Reactions: ndtoronto

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
I was looking at old mesages in whcih it says u can call bls so they will sent u labels etc. Try to cal them again and select purolator

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Hi, I just sent my application in mail to BLS Brampton with a tracking number.

Would like to understand how they are processing during the lockdown. Are they accepting Postal applications?

ndtoronto

Jan 4, 2021
For the the OCI app I paid about $80.7 and for the passport surrender I paid about $50.7. This includes pick up and drop off. Should i still include any courier fees with the money orders?
And yes, I recently found out about filling out the form in the current calendar year so I re-filled it all out on Jan 1. :)
Did you send your original landing papers? also, how long did it take for Purolator to pick up your courier? also checking fees - $425 for OCI and $250.4 for surrendering passport, right?

ndtoronto

Jan 4, 2021
I was looking at old mesages in whcih it says u can call bls so they will sent u labels etc. Try to cal them again and select purolator
I tried calling BLS several times last week and today and it doesn't go through. Seems like they're not operating their phone line.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Wait for a few days. Do both the things in the new year; Registering on-line and sending the appl to BLS.

Use Purolator, they have tied up with BLS. That is what I used. If you use Canada Post, it will go in their regular mail and could cause delays.
Call BLS and they will do all the 3 credit card chargings for Purolator over the phone ( one for pick up and two for 2 separate deliveries) They will send you email confirmations with the link to the Purolator Label printout for sending your applications.

Send both the applications in one envelope. Just clip them separately and mark them with a Post-it label.
Fees will be OCI-- 425 .00 to Consulate General of India, Toronto.
Surrender - BLS INternational Services Canada Inc. 257.40 ( when you call, confirm this amount).
In this case Should we take 2 drafts one for consulate General of India -425 for OCI
7.4+courier fee for Bls international services Canada Inc or only 7.4 for Bls

Reactions: ndtoronto

ndtoronto

Jan 4, 2021
In this case Should we take 2 drafts one for consulate General of India -425 for OCI
7.4+courier fee for Bls international services Canada Inc or only 7.4 for Bls
Thanks we are also surrendering our passports so we need to add the $250.4 fee as well Thanks again!

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
I called yesterday BLS . No originals should be sent.you can arrange pickup and drop off from them you can pay through credit card. All certified copies need to be uploaded and submitted. need to include 2 drafts for consulate and BLS.

But I forgot to ask somethng. Should we paste photograph on the application or keep photos seperately

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called yesterday BLS . No originals should be sent.you can arrange pickup and drop off from them you can pay through credit card. All certified copies need to be uploaded and submitted. need to include 2 drafts for consulate and BLS.

But I forgot to ask somethng. Should we paste photograph on the application or keep photos seperately
Keep photos separately

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015

What number did you use to call them?

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you know if the photos have to be stamped at the back with the photographer’s name/address/date?
Most applications do, but this one doesn’t seem to require it from what I see.
No need of name or stamping. It has to.be of size with white background as mentioned in checklist

Reactions: sydcarton