NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
01-10-2020
Med's Done....
13-11-2020
BLS Mississauga OCI Experience:

We went to apply 2 adult OCI applications, lady checked all the details and finally came with changes for application:
1. Previous Passport No. should be blank (I have added India's surrender passport no.)
2. Marriage Registration date, she got confused due to our marriage certificate has 2 dates (one actual date when we had applied to get married (2- months advance notice in Mumbai for court marriage) and another one when we got married in court) - finally accepted the one when we applied?
3. Wife previous name was added and she asked us to remove (it should be added when it is different than Indian passport) but luckily we had our name change document from Ontario and she added that as a proof.
4. Photos not accepted, due to shoulder was not visible.

To get fresh photos and create new form with above changes, she asked for $28 each application and this is discounted rate if you have opted for courier ($60 for each application) else it will be $40 each application. Anyway they are not able to take photo for my wife due to light color top so I have declined there offer of this charges and left (don't want to waste time and money, as I have backup appointment in next week :D)

TIP:
1. Refer this sample form link for filling the form (https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/ocimisc.php) specifically for Previous passport no. The one on main page step wise process for OCI (https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/oci-how-to-apply.php) redirect to Ottawa Jurisdiction and it says India's previous passport no.
2. Get cheaper OCI photos clicking at home, use online tool and print in a staple or Walmart OR get it clicked for $15 at 3920 Eglinton Ave W.

Help:
A) @abbas.pasha Do you have webpage link of this pdf (https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf), have tried BLS website but no luck to get the actual webpage. I want to have it for reference for my next appointment if they come with different option for corrections :p

B) What should I add into Marriage Registration date? I have checked past response and as per that it's registration date but in my marriage certificate we don't have date mentioned as a registration date. In Mumbai, India for court marriage we have to register our name in 2-3 months advance to get married in court, so on Marriage certificate we have 1st date in Jan-2010 (when we apply to get marry in 2 months timeframe) and 2nd date as Mar-2010 (when actual court marriage happened). Which date should I enter in OCI application?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
BLS Mississauga OCI Experience:

We went to apply 2 adult OCI applications, lady checked all the details and finally came with changes for application:
1. Previous Passport No. should be blank (I have added India's surrender passport no.)
2. Marriage Registration date, she got confused due to our marriage certificate has 2 dates (one actual date when we had applied to get married (2- months advance notice in Mumbai for court marriage) and another one when we got married in court) - finally accepted the one when we applied?
3. Wife previous name was added and she asked us to remove (it should be added when it is different than Indian passport) but luckily we had our name change document from Ontario and she added that as a proof.
4. Photos not accepted, due to shoulder was not visible.

To get fresh photos and create new form with above changes, she asked for $28 each application and this is discounted rate if you have opted for courier ($60 for each application) else it will be $40 each application. Anyway they are not able to take photo for my wife due to light color top so I have declined there offer of this charges and left (don't want to waste time and money, as I have backup appointment in next week :D)

TIP:
1. Refer this sample form link for filling the form (https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/ocimisc.php) specifically for Previous passport no. The one on main page step wise process for OCI (https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/oci-how-to-apply.php) redirect to Ottawa Jurisdiction and it says India's previous passport no.
2. Get cheaper OCI photos clicking at home, use online tool and print in a staple or Walmart OR get it clicked for $15 at 3920 Eglinton Ave W.

Help:
A) @abbas.pasha Do you have webpage link of this pdf (https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf), have tried BLS website but no luck to get the actual webpage. I want to have it for reference for my next appointment if they come with different option for corrections :p

B) What should I add into Marriage Registration date? I have checked past response and as per that it's registration date but in my marriage certificate we don't have date mentioned as a registration date. In Mumbai, India for court marriage we have to register our name in 2-3 months advance to get married in court, so on Marriage certificate we have 1st date in Jan-2010 (when we apply to get marry in 2 months timeframe) and 2nd date as Mar-2010 (when actual court marriage happened). Which date should I enter in OCI application?
1. Previous Passport No. should be blank (I have added India's surrender passport no.) - They are right in this case since you do not have previous Canadian passport you should not include Indian passport#

They have removed the common errors pdf from there website. Luckily I had the link previously on my browser that's how I could share it
March 2010 should be your marriage date/registration date. Maybe you can include LoE why your document shows 2 dates

skpetit

May 9, 2024
My OCI experience: I applied for OCI for my family of four at Edmonton BLS (walk-in) on March 1, 2024. I received an acknowledgment within a few days, and by May 15, all of our OCI applications were accepted. We received them in hand on May 22 (via purolator). Vancouver's processing is a bit slower but still progressing.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
@abbas.pasha -

Please guide - What should be answer for "Acquisition Method" ? is it Naturalization or Registration ?

As per https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf : REGISTRATION
As per https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/docs/1617812881Step-wise-process-for-OCI-application-new.pdf : NATURALIZATION

I think it should be Naturalization, is that what you have used as well ?
If you have acquired citizenship on the basis of immigration from another country it should be naturalization.
For children born in Canada lets say to Indian parents in that case it would be By Birth

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/acquisition-loss/acquisition.html

Reactions: canpr2020

Mum2Can

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
01-10-2020
Med's Done....
13-11-2020
1. Previous Passport No. should be blank (I have added India's surrender passport no.) - They are right in this case since you do not have previous Canadian passport you should not include Indian passport#

They have removed the common errors pdf from there website. Luckily I had the link previously on my browser that's how I could share it
March 2010 should be your marriage date/registration date. Maybe you can include LoE why your document shows 2 dates
The instructions which I referred and recent some YouTube video recommended to use Indian surrender passport no. Anyway will keep it blank and hoping to get through this OCI final step in my next appointment. Thanks for your input.

Reactions: abbas.pasha

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
For the Marriage Registration date, should I mention the actual date of marriage, or the date when we got our marriage registered (that is 3 months after marriage).
The marriage certificate mentions both marriage date and registration date.

Also in documents to upload for a new OCI application, for 'Spouse Passport' upload, is it canadian passport or Indian passport to be uploaded ?

Last edited:

iammr322

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
I’ve been trying to book an appointment for OCI with one of the offices in GTA but never found availability. Can I book an appointment for different category and show up for oCI ? Did that work for anyone lol ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I’ve been trying to book an appointment for OCI with one of the offices in GTA but never found availability. Can I book an appointment for different category and show up for oCI ? Did that work for anyone lol ?
It used to work before now it does not. Looks like this is because of the priority service they launched.

Imran1990

May 1, 2024
I can confirm that OCI processing in the Toronto jurisdiction is going very well.
Applied in person in Halifax April 22
Acknowledgement April 29
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED 24th May , (Not yet dispatched from MEA etc.)

Reactions: cecict