+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
I can confirm that OCI processing in the Toronto jurisdiction is going very well.
Applied in person in Halifax April 22
Acknowledgement April 29
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED 24th May , (Not yet dispatched from MEA etc.)
Dispatched from MEA is very next day. So, it will be May 27th

s-ingh

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Hi

For my brother's OCI application in Vancouver jurisdiction, we recently submitted a postal application to BLS Surrey .

I don't remember where we saw the old passport number info online on the official BLS website that we have to put the passport number of surrendered indian passport.

So, we filled the form accordingly with surrender passport number as previous passport number and sent in postal application.

What are the chances that it will be returned back to us for rectifying this error?

Current application status shows - under process on BLS website tracker

I don't remember but I've read it somewhere mentioning previous indian passport number at BLS website.

Due to brother's work hours, it's not feasible for him to take a day off and go in person to BLS for application submission.

Thanks

anburaj

Sep 10, 2018
I applied OCI in Mississauga today for family of 3.

My exp :

1. Last week I had an appointment in Toronto BLS and I made a mistake in the form , but they ask 162 cad for one application(100 cad for filling the application again and 62 for courier) . as a family of three I cant afford that . So I came back to home. But they checked the form I filled and corrected me, what I need to do next time . Also, Marriage Registration date I mentioned my Marriage date, they never told that was a mistake in Toronto Bls and never asked about marriage registration date.

2. Today I have appointment in Mississauga BLS , they verified the form and found I need to fill the Marriage registration date instead of my Marriage date. I showed the old form which Toronto bls verified and see they never raised any concerns on this. Also two person verified my application in Toronto BLS last week. But Mississauga BLS person told I don't know what Toronto BLS person do and I can only do what we do, so marriage registration date is wrong ( you cant put ur marriage date), we need to the fill the application again. But at least they asked 28 CAD for one application, instead of 100 CAD like Toronto BLS + courier charges for each application. Photos I told last time I taken here only and they accepted.
So, please beware of this every BLS have different opinion..

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Hello all,

I have a question on OCI card and need your suggestion or experience if you were in similar boat.

My child was born in Canada and holds a Canadian passport, now the mother and child need to travel to India permanently but OCI is still in progress. As they are not planning to come back to Canada, can my child enter India using e-visa and once OCI is processed I can take her OCI card with me to India when I travel. Do you see any issue here, I am not sure about the stamping on passport/oci card upon arrival in India.

Or is it like she has to exit India (go any neighboring country) before e-visa expires and enter as OCI ?

Thoughts ?

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Hello All,

In case of minor applicant, the declaration form where it says
1. (Name of the applicant) .......................................................... solemnly and sincerely declare that foregoing particulars stated on this application are true and I make this solemn declaration consciously ......
Do parents need to sign along with child thumb impression?

Also, in the section where it says:

I am a parent/ legal guardian**/ legal adoptee parent of ......................................................... to whome the foregoing particulars relate. I hereby apply on behalf of my/ the child for his/her registration as an Overseas Citizen of India Cardholder.
Do both parents and minor have to sign here or only parents ?

msayyad

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
Atlanta, USA
NOC Code......
Walk in Application @ Mississauga Ontario on 22nd April 2024

Date Of Acknowledgment29-APR-2024
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Number*
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn24-MAY-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Reactions: cecict

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello all,

I have a question on OCI card and need your suggestion or experience if you were in similar boat.

My child was born in Canada and holds a Canadian passport, now the mother and child need to travel to India permanently but OCI is still in progress. As they are not planning to come back to Canada, can my child enter India using e-visa and once OCI is processed I can take her OCI card with me to India when I travel. Do you see any issue here, I am not sure about the stamping on passport/oci card upon arrival in India.

Or is it like she has to exit India (go any neighboring country) before e-visa expires and enter as OCI ?

Thoughts ?
You can contact FRRO and change the status from e-visa to OCI. Exit and entry is also another way.

Reactions: harish21jun

mk9353

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Do I need to send original Indian passport along with my OCI application?

Also, BLS website says "Processing Fee: $1.70+ Courier fee" but I don't know how much is the courier fees?

@forw.jane @abbas.pasha Please help.

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi

For my brother's OCI application in Vancouver jurisdiction, we recently submitted a postal application to BLS Surrey .

I don't remember where we saw the old passport number info online on the official BLS website that we have to put the passport number of surrendered indian passport.

So, we filled the form accordingly with surrender passport number as previous passport number and sent in postal application.

What are the chances that it will be returned back to us for rectifying this error?

Current application status shows - under process on BLS website tracker

I don't remember but I've read it somewhere mentioning previous indian passport number at BLS website.

Due to brother's work hours, it's not feasible for him to take a day off and go in person to BLS for application submission.

Thanks
When did you send the application?
What does the BLS website when you track the application ?

s-ingh

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Do I need to send original Indian passport along with my OCI application?

Also, BLS website says "Processing Fee: $1.70+ Courier fee" but I don't know how much is the courier fees?

@forw.jane @abbas.pasha Please help.
If you go to local Purolator delivery agency and send it from there directly , it will cost u less money as compared to calling BLS.

Just go to the Purlator agency agent , they will generate the return shipping label for you over there. Include that return label with your application and send it with your application.

You can mention your courier delivery and pickup address as one of your local Purolator delivery agency. It's cheaper. When you call BLS to generate a return shipping label for you they'll usually charge atleast CAD 30 more. Totally ripping off people's money.

Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!