+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

mejaz

Dec 9, 2016
Toronto, ON
Passport Req..
10-04-2018
Ok I read it again. You are right , he didn’t say he sent them together. My mind is blocked as my application was returned. So working on sending it again.
aww man I feel ya......I knew mine would return tho, so I sent mine first.....and then sent the family later with my returned application....so much money spent on this whole thing :-(

Reactions: kaoru

frooty9999

Apr 10, 2024
Are we allowed to send OCI application together for family members?
bls website says you can merge the demand draft for family, does that mean we can send the application in the same postal application for family?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Are we allowed to send OCI application together for family members?
bls website says you can merge the demand draft for family, does that mean we can send the application in the same postal application for family?
You can make a single DD for all members of the family but if one application is returned everyone else’s application will also be returned

Reactions: mejaz

Tarakeshwar

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-12-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
Everyone, I am going to BLS Toronto tomorrow afternoon for OCI submission. Please light diya and say a prayer for my success.
Pray this will be the last BLS visit for the next 9.5 years.
Amen.
ok.not sure of your exact situation...just to clarify, if you are above 20, you do not ever need to visit BLS (at least for yourself), they took out the requirement to renew OCI each time you get a new passport. You just have to upload your new passport and photo after you reach 50.

Reactions: pumpkin_latte

ThenT

Oct 6, 2023
Hi,
shall make an appointment on the name of premium lounge to apply OCI, because no appointments available in Mississauga location for the upcoming entire month.

TQ

mejaz

Dec 9, 2016
Toronto, ON
Passport Req..
10-04-2018
Did you book purolator by calling BLS? Or did you call purplator directly for pickup and drop off service?
I called purolator and booked it. BLS will make you pick a date when you pay for the shipping labels, but you can cancel that. I forgot to cancel and send the purolator guy back saying im not ready.

kartik11324

Apr 1, 2024
Need clarification
My old indian passport has place of birth - New Delhi. This was given for citizenship application
Renewed indian passport has place of birth- Delhi
Canadian Passport has place of birth - New Delhi

Do I need an affidavit saying both are same? Can someone share the affidavit sample? One on the thread in the past is minor applicant. I have appointment on Monday 29th so need to get affidavit over weekend if needed one. I'll get one for safer side if someone has sample.

kartik11324

Apr 1, 2024
Here is the draft of Affidavit for the Place of Birth

AFFIDAVIT​

We, XXXX (Father of “Minor’s Name”) and YYYY (Mother of “Minor’s Name”), residents of “Current address (as per proof of residence”, SOLEMNLY STATE ON OATH AND DECLARE that;

• I, XXXX, D.O.B., am a Canadian Citizen with Canadian passport number HBxxx.
  • I, YYYY, D.O.B., am a Canadian Citizen with Canadian passport number HBxxx.
  • We are submitting our son/daughter, "Minor’s Name", D.O.B., a Canadian Citizen with Canadian Passport Number HBxxx application with the Consulate General of India for Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and have the knowledge of the facts stated herein.
  • Our son/daughter, "Minor’s Name", is a minor. On his/her Indian Passport No. Yxxxx, the place of birth is written as “Place of Birth as per Indian Passport”. On her Canadian Passport No. HBxxx, the place of birth is written as “Place of Birth as per Canadian Passport”.
  • “Place of Birth as per Indian Passport” and “Place of Birth as per Canadian Passport” is one and the same place.
And we make this solemn Declaration consciously believing to be true and knowing that it is of the same effect as if made under oath.

Both Parent’s Names and Signatures

Document will be counter signed/stamped and Notarized by the lawyer...
did this affidavit worked for your daughter's OCI?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
did this affidavit worked for your daughter's OCI?
Ironically BLS folks first returned it saying it’s not required.
I was like huh, I spent money to get this affidavit now you have to take it :p. I told them I don’t want my daughter application to be returned back for your carelessness

kamransharif92

Feb 21, 2017
Hello,

I have applied for my OCI in Feb 2024, the acknowledgement date is 10th Feb and my application is still under process. The mission is Vancouver. is this in normal processing time ? would really appreciate if someone can share there experiences

Thanks
Hi

Im in the same boat, vancouver DOA feb 10th. Any update?

Thanks
Kamran