+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
What are you talking.. when did I say you should opt for premium lounge for all your applications...
I meant to reply to just compare your point no.3 and 4 that if somebody end up thinking for choosing $60 courier then better go for premium lounge service which includes most of things even I think you can go without any application and they will fill it..

Obviously it's not for everyone but for someone who want to go without tension, can go with documents with immediate appointment and let them fill it and let them make photocopies also and let them courier you back and no tension but have to set mind to spend extra... Anybody who does not want to spend any extra, should choose pickup option and go with normal appointment and should try to get hassle free service too
Tum Dono log

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: desmat

Manprad

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
Hi, I was filling my OCI form and have reached to last step where we complete Form B and hit Submit. At that time system showed error saying this page is not available at the moment, please try later. I closed the browser. Is there a way i can resume where the system left me? I hit Submit and encountered error.
I have temporary Application ID.and file reference no. Please help. Any help is much appreciated. I just dont want to start all over again.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi, I was filling my OCI form and have reached to last step where we complete Form B and hit Submit. At that time system showed error saying this page is not available at the moment, please try later. I closed the browser. Is there a way i can resume where the system left me? I hit Submit and encountered error.
I have temporary Application ID.and file reference no. Please help. Any help is much appreciated. I just dont want to start all over again.
Try here . If you can’t find anything, just fill another new application.
https://ociservices.gov.in/startReprint

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
What are you talking.. when did I say you should opt for premium lounge for all your applications...
I meant to reply to just compare your point no.3 and 4 that if somebody end up thinking for choosing $60 courier then better go for premium lounge service which includes most of things even I think you can go without any application and they will fill it..

Obviously it's not for everyone but for someone who want to go without tension, can go with documents with immediate appointment and let them fill it and let them make photocopies also and let them courier you back and no tension but have to set mind to spend extra... Anybody who does not want to spend any extra, should choose pickup option and go with normal appointment and should try to get hassle free service too
why so serious mate? i'm the one who's supposed to be so.
not sure with what filters you read my message, i never insinuated you were saying i should go for premium or that you are justifying premium. i just showed the calculations how even the premium (bundle of) services isn't justified - at least for those who're counting dollars.

preet6070

Dec 7, 2015
Hey
question is should I leave the first name blank in my Canadian passport or should I have xxx and my name in last name , what you guys suggest is better for applying OCI , FYI my name is in given name in Indian passport

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hey
question is should I leave the first name blank in my Canadian passport or should I have xxx and my name in last name , what you guys suggest is better for applying OCI , FYI my name is in given name in Indian passport
Try and keep the names on the Canadian passport same as it was in the Indian passport else you will end up requiring the affidavit for OCI and BLS charging you arm and leg to make changes to your OCI application point this or that error

before creating the OCI application check this pdf out https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf

Reactions: preet6070

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
why so serious mate? i'm the one who's supposed to be so.
not sure with what filters you read my message, i never insinuated you were saying i should go for premium or that you are justifying premium. i just showed the calculations how even the premium (bundle of) services isn't justified - at least for those who're counting dollars.
Maybe it will give you some much needed encouragement https://www.tiktok.com/@poetsocietyy/video/7215580946190437675?lang=en

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/oci-renewal-and-updation/

Re issuance of OCI cards will be done only in following cases:
  1. In case of issuance of new Passport (once a new passport is issued after completing 20 years of age).
  2. Upon reaching the age of 50 years, one need to update the photo and other personal particulars in the OCI portal after obtaining a new passport. No new booklet will be printed. After that only passport number and photograph is to be updated whenever you get a new one. Please visit https://ociservices.gov.in/welcome .However, one can travel after updating the particulars and acknowledged.
  3. In case of change of following personal particulars: Name, Father's name, Nationality, Date of Birth
  4. In case of loss/damage of OCI card
In all other cases like:
  1. Further issuance of a new passport,
  2. Change of any personal particulars : photo, address, contact details, occupation, spouse name;
you now no longer need to apply for a renewed OCI card. You can now simply update your details on the OCI portal as follows and continue using the existing OCI card:
Thank you for the information

Reactions: abbas.pasha

Blueuniverse

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto/Scarborough
Hey
Not sure how much of a hassle it will be to change your name on the Canadian Passport, because how your name prints on their will largely depend on what is your name on your Citizenship certificate and other Canadian ids. You'd have to look into it. However, you can keep it as is, your full name = Last name, and first name = blank in your Canadian passport, but for OCI you'd have to keep your first name as "XXX" as it cannot be left blank and also the names should be consistent across Canadian passport and OCI. I don't think it will pose any issues during Indian immigration, but then that's just my speculation.

Reactions: preet6070

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Received my daughters OCI on Saturday and my spouse OcI shows as printed and received at Vancouver and mine shows as under progress. I have submitted applications by post on Jan 5 , 2024.

Just sharing timelines in case any one is also waiting since Jan 2024.

i wrote to MeA help desk and they were prompt in response and I got to know current processing times are 3 months approx

thanks a lot to @forw.jane for suggesting me to put forward OCI application back in Jan when I was planning to visit India end of feb.

csk7

Mar 29, 2021
Applying for a new OCI by Post in Toronto. Do I need to include I) original cancelled Indian passport II) Original surrender certificate along with copies? Thanks!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Applying for a new OCI by Post in Toronto. Do I need to include I) original cancelled Indian passport II) Original surrender certificate along with copies? Thanks!
Do not include any original supporting documents for postal applications.
Just copies which are self attested.

But don't forget to include the original bank draft(s) ;)

Mr Dev

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted an application to update passport on OCI for my daughter .I got rejected with Reason is : please update ppt number as per cad ppt .. how do i contact them to get this fixed ?? or do i need to submit a new application ??