+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

nishant872

Star Member
May 28, 2018
BLS do refund, you have to be persistent in your approach with all document trail and evidence. Mark emails to all CGI/HCI/etc.

There's a PMO office complaint portal as well. Tag it under MEA in that. Response is quick from PMO portal with a guidance like within 24-48 hrs.

I received it!! They send you cheque in your name or applicants name. I will upload a copy that might generate motivation

Last edited:

SSK1993

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Hi All
Just updating my timeline here:

Submitted In person BLS Toronto - February 10th
Acknowledgment on the OCI site - February 27th
Processed on OCI Site - March 19th
Dispatched from Delhi - March 20th
Arrived Toronto - April 2nd
Received the OCI Card In hand from BLS - April 5th.

I do have one question, I see that OCI card has my canadain address. So if in future I move to a new address, do I have to update this information somewhere or it does not matter if my address changes in the future?

Mr. E

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Oh wow! I think I have to write a complaint. Although it won't be addressed anytime soon, maybe they respond to it and refund something. Someone posted a video regarding the BLS refund.
Hi bro, I'm in the same boat as you man. My postal application reached March 28. Looks like mine will be returned anytime from now. Do you mind sharing the email address of the person whom you were going to ask for a refund? Thanks

dalal.ganesh

Star Member
Apr 1, 2018
Pickup experience at BLS Brampton today:
Reached there at 2:30 PM. There were already about 25-30 people in queue. I was the last person allowed to get in at 4:25 PM. About other 30 peoples were asked to go back.

One should plan to reach BLS no later than 2 PM.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Pickup experience at BLS Brampton today:
Reached there at 2:30 PM. There were already about 25-30 people in queue. I was the last person allowed to get in at 4:25 PM. About other 30 peoples were asked to go back.

One should plan to reach BLS no later than 2 PM.
One should be there by 1:30-1:45

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi All
Just updating my timeline here:

Submitted In person BLS Toronto - February 10th
Acknowledgment on the OCI site - February 27th
Processed on OCI Site - March 19th
Dispatched from Delhi - March 20th
Arrived Toronto - April 2nd
Received the OCI Card In hand from BLS - April 5th.

I do have one question, I see that OCI card has my canadain address. So if in future I move to a new address, do I have to update this information somewhere or it does not matter if my address changes in the future?
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/oci-renewal-and-updation/

Re issuance of OCI cards will be done only in following cases:
  1. In case of issuance of new Passport (once a new passport is issued after completing 20 years of age).
  2. Upon reaching the age of 50 years, one need to update the photo and other personal particulars in the OCI portal after obtaining a new passport. No new booklet will be printed. After that only passport number and photograph is to be updated whenever you get a new one. Please visit https://ociservices.gov.in/welcome .However, one can travel after updating the particulars and acknowledged.
  3. In case of change of following personal particulars: Name, Father's name, Nationality, Date of Birth
  4. In case of loss/damage of OCI card
In all other cases like:
  1. Further issuance of a new passport,
  2. Change of any personal particulars : photo, address, contact details, occupation, spouse name;
you now no longer need to apply for a renewed OCI card. You can now simply update your details on the OCI portal as follows and continue using the existing OCI card:

Reactions: SSK1993

SSK1993

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/oci-renewal-and-updation/

Re issuance of OCI cards will be done only in following cases:
  1. In case of issuance of new Passport (once a new passport is issued after completing 20 years of age).
  2. Upon reaching the age of 50 years, one need to update the photo and other personal particulars in the OCI portal after obtaining a new passport. No new booklet will be printed. After that only passport number and photograph is to be updated whenever you get a new one. Please visit https://ociservices.gov.in/welcome .However, one can travel after updating the particulars and acknowledged.
  3. In case of change of following personal particulars: Name, Father's name, Nationality, Date of Birth
  4. In case of loss/damage of OCI card
In all other cases like:
  1. Further issuance of a new passport,
  2. Change of any personal particulars : photo, address, contact details, occupation, spouse name;
you now no longer need to apply for a renewed OCI card. You can now simply update your details on the OCI portal as follows and continue using the existing OCI card:
Thank you Abbas. Do they really care though I just don’t update my address? I understand that updating the new passport is important, but address change really that important to inform them?

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
so, this means getting 2 working adults and 2 kids from their school, university and wait there for 3 hours (1.30pm till 4.30pm when one is allowed in). and this is where courier starts looking worth it. ugly but true.
Kids are not required for collection. Both parents are required to to collect on behalf of the kids
Plus if you are there by 1:30-1:45 you’d be early in the queue so you will not be required to hunker down till 4:30. So it’s an investment for 90 mins.

nitink01

Oct 20, 2017
a silly question again: my kids OCI application is now under process at Consulate after re sending of draft with new fees, when can we see updates at ociministry site? week or couple of week

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
a silly question again: my kids OCI application is now under process at Consulate after re sending of draft with new fees, when can we see updates at ociministry site? week or couple of week
Usually 20+ days on the OCI website from the date BLS tracker says processing at CGI. This is in context of Toronto jurisdiction

Reactions: nitink01

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Does bls status change to this before it is couriers for Delivery for home?

(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)

Or this is their another scam where it was charged saying courier delivery but making it ready for pickup from counter?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Does bls status change to this before it is couriers for Delivery for home?

(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)

Or this is their another scam where it was charged saying courier delivery but making it ready for pickup from counter?
It would say Ready for Dispatch and provides the tracking# but in cases it also does not change the status

Reactions: desmat