+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Same situation. Did you find any workaround please?
and yes, a workaround - OPTION 1: i've cheekily used IN PP and CA PP nos. in 2 different appointments. when you're there, act innocent IF AT ALL the guard asks while screening your appointment to let you enter. OPTION 2: i've also used 0 and O interchangeably. this way you need not get stuck with trying to cancel the first appointment before booking the next one.

Reactions: SruthiT

connect2rsk

Jul 22, 2018
Vancouver.
First Attempt: Dec 20th and rejected by BLS

Date of Acknowledgment: 20th Jan 2024
Printed and received at Vancouver: 1st April 2024

it took 100 days to change status.

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Friends - My fathers OCI online update(Since he received a new passport) i have just completed and its showing as "Your application has been acknowledged by competent authority. It is being processed and will be updated soon. " for the last 2 weeks. and he has to trave to india on april 9th. Will this be an issue in travelling? Please advice @forw.jane
There will be no restriction on the OCI Cardholder to travel to/from India during the period from the date of issue of new passport till the date of final acknowledgement of his/her documents in the online system.

No issues based on above HCI statement.

Reactions: citi4raj

gajanan.pujar

Feb 21, 2020
@gajanan.pujar : if you had a proof of what you sent, I would escalate it to their Grievance team in Canada to BLS for poor service and intent to defraud a customer with resend etc, this has unfortunately started to happen in ontario quite a lot, I would request people to start raising it in these channels as well as Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Ontario to bring BLS Canada to justice along with IHC that at the backend has been claiming fat commissions via postal services
Unfortunately I don't have proof. I will submit a complaint to their Grievance team right away. I hope BLS gets replaced by a better service provider.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I shared this yesterday regarding the reduction in SC fee
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/indian-passport-surrender.771938/post-10795902

In the evening I spoke to my friend he also mentioned that the OCI fee has been increased. He was not sure though by how much.

Previous fee if I remember correctly was $345 fee payable through draft to CGI/HCI

i checked the BLS website and the HCI Ottawa website I see conflicting#

So please cross check with BLS before making the draft

https://www.hciottawa.gov.in/pages?id=4&subid=26

Sr. NoSubjectFee in CAD including ICWF of CAD $4)
1.OCI Card421 + 4 = 425
2.Re-issuance of OCI card (due to change of Personal particular/passport)39 + 4 = 43
3.Issue of duplicate OCI card in case of Loss/Damage of OCI documents153 + 4 = 157
4.Fee for OCI in lieu of PIO cards153 + 4 = 157

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/oci-fresh.php

Sr NoService TypeAmount payable to Consulate General of India - TorontoAmount payable to BLS International Services Canada Inc.
Fees (CAD$)Fees (CAD$)
1OCI Card$371+ ICWF Charge : $5 Total: $376Processing Fee: $1.70+ Courier fee
2Re-issuance of OCI card (due to change of Personal particular/passport)$34+ ICWF Charge : $5 Total: $39Processing Fee: $1.70+ Courier fee
3Issue of duplicate OCI card in case of Loss/Damage of OCI documents$135+ ICWF Charge : $5 Total: $140Processing Fee: $1.70+ Courier fee
4Fee for OCI in lieu of PIO cards$135+ ICWF Charge : $5 Total: $140Processing Fee: $1.70+ Courier fee

Last edited:

YouKnowWho!

Mar 14, 2024
Mine reached Toronto yesterday let’s hope to get in hand by Tuesday or Wednesday due to long weekend.
I received an update today stating 'Document received at Toronto: April 2, 2024'. Wondering how long it will take to receive in hand! Would I be able to track the OCI shipment? Thank you.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I received an update today stating 'Document received at Toronto: April 2, 2024'. Wondering how long it will take to receive in hand! Would I be able to track the OCI shipment? Thank you.
Mostly within a week. Track on BLS site you will get the shipping details too when it is Ready for shipment.

YouKnowWho!

Mar 14, 2024
there's a trick/hidden-in-plain-sight information on BLS update page. if you see an additional comments/notes/information section below the usual details about your application - that contains a number. this number is Purolator tracking number for those who've paid for courier delivery. in my case BLS website was giving not v clear status apart from the fact that OCI has been issued, but i just tried entering this number on Purolator website. voila! it turned out to be my tracking no. and the package was out for delivery when i was checking it!!!!!
Hello,
Is this the website/URL: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/track-application.php

I see note (like the one below), but I can't see any number. Please let me know if I am missing something.

Note: HCI / CGI reserves the right to delay or refuse visa without assigning any reasons. Visas are issued subject to various checks and clearances. Acceptance of visa application does not necessarily mean grant of visa. Applicants are requested not to finalize any trips to India before obtaining the Visa.​

Thanks,

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hello,
Is this the website/URL: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/track-application.php

I see note (like the one below), but I can't see any number. Please let me know if I am missing something.

Note: HCI / CGI reserves the right to delay or refuse visa without assigning any reasons. Visas are issued subject to various checks and clearances. Acceptance of visa application does not necessarily mean grant of visa. Applicants are requested not to finalize any trips to India before obtaining the Visa.​

Thanks,
yes thats the tracking website. when OCI reaches BLS and they've generated an airway bill no. say XXXXXXXXXXXXX, it appears as below, right above the NOTE that you've shared. At this stage they don't officially show the most recent status that they've sent the OCI. those statuses shown are normally out of date. for example my OCI status shows Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping. but i have my OCI for almost 3 weeks now :)
Additional Infomation
#CommentsOn
1 XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Has anyone from Vancouver BLS recently receive their OCI? I applied on 18-Jan, Acknowledged 20-Jan.. still waiting
Vancouver seems to be extremely slow in issuing OCI, I have not seen a single entry in this forum who received OCI that was applied in 2024, hopefully April will bring some good news...

singk893

Apr 2, 2024
Vancouver applications doesn't seem to be moving forward at all.
My date of acknowledgement is 25 January 2024 - still showing under process.
I am flying 28th April 2024 to India. Shall I go ahead and apply for visa?