+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

nitink01

Oct 20, 2017
Did anyone experience “Pending” status for a long time?
Though I included a copy of birth certificate in my child’s OCI application, I received an email from BLS stating I had to send the birth certificate.
I emailed it right away but it’s been over 10 days and no change to the status. So frustrating!
@gajanan.pujar : if you had a proof of what you sent, I would escalate it to their Grievance team in Canada to BLS for poor service and intent to defraud a customer with resend etc, this has unfortunately started to happen in ontario quite a lot, I would request people to start raising it in these channels as well as Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Ontario to bring BLS Canada to justice along with IHC that at the backend has been claiming fat commissions via postal services

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
Friends - My fathers OCI online update(Since he received a new passport) i have just completed and its showing as "Your application has been acknowledged by competent authority. It is being processed and will be updated soon. " for the last 2 weeks. and he has to trave to india on april 9th. Will this be an issue in travelling? Please advice @forw.jane

Last edited:

SruthiT

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
I have contacted BLS via their helpdesk ticketing system (Grievance Redressal Form on BLS's Contact us page) as they did not answer my call via phone.
They mentioned that it is a typo at the BLS counter and mentioned that it won't affect my OCI application.

Here is their response.
Thank you for contacting BLS International Services. This is an automated response confirming the closure of Ticket No. 188464. For your reference, the details of the ticket are listed below.

Ticket ID: 188464
Issue:
Type:
Reason:
Closure comments:
Dear Applicant,

Greetings from BLS International Services!

Your application will be processed as per details that you have provided on the application form. Typographical error made at the BLS counter does not affect the applied service.

Regards,
BLS International Services.

We would like to inform you that your ticket Number: 188464 , is now closed.

This is an auto generated email, responses to this email address are not monitored. Please do not reply to this email.

For further support or in case your query remains unresolved, kindly fill the Escalation form available at BLS website under the Contact Us section.

Kind regards,

Support Center
BLS International Services
Hi, In how many days you got this response from them?

SSK1993

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Hi Guys
Is there anyone here whose OCI was dispatched on 20-MAR-2024 and still waiting for an update that it is received in Toronto?

ukp90

Star Member
Apr 9, 2022
any suggestions
oci walk in application brampton bls @march 16
bls tracking says

Application StatusProcessing at Consulate General

any eta when oci will be acknowledged

if there is something missing or required how do we know?
any current timelines oci processing?

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
any suggestions
oci walk in application brampton bls @march 16
bls tracking says

Application StatusProcessing at Consulate General

any eta when oci will be acknowledged

if there is something missing or required how do we know?
any current timelines oci processing?
give it a good 2 weeks' time. only then will it start showing some meaningful status on the government's site (not BLS).

Reactions: ukp90

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Mine reached Toronto yesterday let’s hope to get in hand by Tuesday or Wednesday due to long weekend.
there's a trick/hidden-in-plain-sight information on BLS update page. if you see an additional comments/notes/information section below the usual details about your application - that contains a number. this number is Purolator tracking number for those who've paid for courier delivery. in my case BLS website was giving not v clear status apart from the fact that OCI has been issued, but i just tried entering this number on Purolator website. voila! it turned out to be my tracking no. and the package was out for delivery when i was checking it!!!!!

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
hi. PL SPREAD THE WORD - since today morning Mississauga & Brampton BLS have released OCI/Passport appointments for EVERY day of April. most Saturdays are booked though

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hello everyone, any tips for BLS Brampton location OCI application please. Are they allowing walkin or appointment only ? No appointments showing until end of April. Any idea when new slots open up ? Also if walkin is allowed, what time can one go to get in their application in person ? Thank you in advance.
hi. this morning Mississauga & Brampton BLS have released OCI/Passport appointments for EVERY day of April. most Saturdays are booked though

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
obtained our CA PPs March last year and finally applied for my own OCI this year - received it in March. now applying for my family. as usual, there are questions because of how the website/process is designed!!

for my family, i'm answering yes to the qn if any family member has applied for OCI (which is me).
Q1 - it asks for the date of application. what to mention here? date the family member submitted their application online, or the BLS appointment date?
Q2 - it asks for status - OCI granted/not granted. for family members whose OCI application is still under process, should i choose 'not granted'?
Q3 - if 3 family members are applying for OCI together, do they mention others in this category (family members who've applied for OCI)?
Q4 - linked to 1 & 3 the above (if we choose online submission date), the date on the application is 2nd Apr (because it is 2nd in India already), but system isn't allowing me to select 2nd as it is still 1st here!! should i leave it as 1st?