+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

nishant872

Star Member
May 28, 2018
The pick system is really messed up here at BLS. They have designed their pick up system to make you suffer and try their best to make you opt for overpriced courier service. They take 5 people every half an hour. It’s not in security guard’s hand to move the line faster or slower, it is mostly the BLS employees who are working really really slow at the back. There is one counter for pick up. The pick up window is 3 pm - 4:30 pm. Their average is about 15-18 people every day for pick up. On lucky days 20-22 people. Trust me there is no point standing and waiting if you have more than 22 people in front of you. The line starts at 1 pm. If you come at 2 pm you will find about 15-20 people in front of you. They count people, not families. There is no token system or any sort of system to hold your spaces or track how many time you have tried pick-up. There is nothing you can do at bls to make things better. During my 4 times try to pick up, i have seen fights, police involvement, jugaadi people, gali galoch.. still no improvement whatsoever. Only things that possibly can change this system: writing complaints to Indian Embassy. Starting a petition to change the system. Little chances if there google ratings go down. However, they buy fake 5-star reviews. So i did my part, please do yours!
I agree, only think that remain is to keep writing email to consulates, Indian MEA, PMO portals

In my opinion it won't have much impact but you never know.

BLS might be acting in such a manner bcz they have support of Indian consulate otherwise it would have been fixed long back...

prabh1322

Jul 17, 2023
If you have to travel to India in June, you better submit in person.. Also, if you do not have an appointment, go to Mississauga BLS walk-in at minimum 5.30 AM to ensure you can get in. They usually give 10 tokens at max in a day for people without appointment.

From then, it is about 8-9 weeks.
I applied via post (Vancouver) and since the 6th of Feb (date of acknowledgment), it has been under process. Is it normal to take this long to process OCI?

Ku17

Aug 23, 2023
Hi,
Just sharing an update here.
Location Walk in = BLS Mississauga
Walk-in Submission = 17th Feb, 2024 (From BLS Tracking)
Date of Acknowledgment = 1st Mar, 2024 (From OCI Status Report)
OCI Printed = 22nd Mar, 2024
(From OCI Status Report)

shivam.bansal88

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Hi, I received my OCI today.
Applied using postal service and the application was picked up on 31st Jan.
Date of Acknowledgement - 4th Feb
OCI printed - 14th March
OCI Dispatched -15th March
Received in Toronto - 23rd March
Delivered - 26th March

nitink01

Oct 20, 2017
Hi, I received my OCI today.
Applied using postal service and the application was picked up on 31st Jan.
Date of Acknowledgement - 4th Feb
OCI printed - 14th March
OCI Dispatched -15th March
Received in Toronto - 23rd March
Delivered - 26th March
@shivam.bansal88 : what do you mean by Date of Acknowledgement there, is it the email from BLS international to your email when you do postal application?

yogeshbatra

Feb 15, 2024
@shivam.bansal88 : what do you mean by Date of Acknowledgement there, is it the email from BLS international to your email when you do postal application?
Date of acknowledgement is, when Consulate General or High Commission acknowledges the receipt of your application from BLS and forwards it to ministry of external affairs, Delhi to further work on it.

Reactions: nitink01

prabh1322

Jul 17, 2023
Date of acknowledgement is, when Consulate General or High Commission acknowledges the receipt of your application from BLS and forwards it to ministry of external affairs, Delhi to further work on it.
what are the chances of OCI application getting rejected after getting acknowledged?

yogeshbatra

Feb 15, 2024
what are the chances of OCI application getting rejected after getting acknowledged?

If no criminal background or anti country activities you have been part of , then it shouldn't be rejected.

There can be rare scenarios, where BLS missed something in the application. In that case, consulate general would request the additional document from you through BLS.

Otherwise, it should be approved.

reb9988

Aug 26, 2017
Hello everyone, any tips for BLS Brampton location OCI application please. Are they allowing walkin or appointment only ? No appointments showing until end of April. Any idea when new slots open up ? Also if walkin is allowed, what time can one go to get in their application in person ? Thank you in advance.