Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-12-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
Hi
Can I know oci process time in Toronto location ? In-person or postal . I have plan to travel India in June.
If you have to travel to India in June, you better submit in person.. Also, if you do not have an appointment, go to Mississauga BLS walk-in at minimum 5.30 AM to ensure you can get in. They usually give 10 tokens at max in a day for people without appointment.

From then, it is about 8-9 weeks.

Nithyasuba

Jun 6, 2019
If you have to travel to India in June, you better submit in person.. Also, if you do not have an appointment, go to Mississauga BLS walk-in at minimum 5.30 AM to ensure you can get in. They usually give 10 tokens at max in a day for people without appointment.

From then, it is about 8-9 weeks.
Thank you

4Raj

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
The pick system is really messed up here at BLS. They have designed their pick up system to make you suffer and try their best to make you opt for overpriced courier service. They take 5 people every half an hour. It’s not in security guard’s hand to move the line faster or slower, it is mostly the BLS employees who are working really really slow at the back. There is one counter for pick up. The pick up window is 3 pm - 4:30 pm. Their average is about 15-18 people every day for pick up. On lucky days 20-22 people. Trust me there is no point standing and waiting if you have more than 22 people in front of you. The line starts at 1 pm. If you come at 2 pm you will find about 15-20 people in front of you. They count people, not families. There is no token system or any sort of system to hold your spaces or track how many time you have tried pick-up. There is nothing you can do at bls to make things better. During my 4 times try to pick up, i have seen fights, police involvement, jugaadi people, gali galoch.. still no improvement whatsoever. Only things that possibly can change this system: writing complaints to Indian Embassy. Starting a petition to change the system. Little chances if there google ratings go down. However, they buy fake 5-star reviews. So i did my part, please do yours!

Reactions: balaca

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
The pick system is really messed up here at BLS. They have designed their pick up system to make you suffer and try their best to make you opt for overpriced courier service. They take 5 people every half an hour. It’s not in security guard’s hand to move the line faster or slower, it is mostly the BLS employees who are working really really slow at the back. There is one counter for pick up. The pick up window is 3 pm - 4:30 pm. Their average is about 15-18 people every day for pick up. On lucky days 20-22 people. Trust me there is no point standing and waiting if you have more than 22 people in front of you. The line starts at 1 pm. If you come at 2 pm you will find about 15-20 people in front of you. They count people, not families. There is no token system or any sort of system to hold your spaces or track how many time you have tried pick-up. There is nothing you can do at bls to make things better. During my 4 times try to pick up, i have seen fights, police involvement, jugaadi people, gali galoch.. still no improvement whatsoever. Only things that possibly can change this system: writing complaints to Indian Embassy. Starting a petition to change the system. Little chances if there google ratings go down. However, they buy fake 5-star reviews. So i did my part, please do yours!
Thanks for sharing your ordeal
Don’t you think that people have already done this “writing complaints to Indian Embassy” multiple times ?

My personal experience has been Ok, picked up SC and OCI documents from BLS Brampton this was in Dec 2022 and Feb 2023. Used tip shared by the security guy at the entrance ke aap 1:45 pm take line main lag jaana to be the first few in the queue which we did .
Chicken Frankie aur garma garam Chai maine pass waale TO Kathi Role aur Railway Chai restaurant se uthaa lee thee

Last edited:

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
A couple of questions bothering me because of the verbiages on BLS website.
1. Should the documents uploaded in the OCI website be self attested. Or is it only for the physical copies?
2. Should the print of the OCI online application with the photo be color ?
3. Is it mandatory to get an affidavit when you are submitting a Change of Name certificate from Ministry of Ontario? I have self attested it and written a coverletter for the same.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
A couple of questions bothering me because of the verbiages on BLS website.
1. Should the documents uploaded in the OCI website be self attested. Or is it only for the physical copies?
2. Should the print of the OCI online application with the photo be color ?
3. Is it mandatory to get an affidavit when you are submitting a Change of Name certificate from Ministry of Ontario? I have self attested it and written a coverletter for the same.
-No, only the copy of the supporting documents you submit at BLS need to be self attested
-B&W is fine
-Let other comment on your point IMHO you don’t need one since you the GoO’s. name change certificate and include the letter of explanation

Reactions: BeerBeem

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
Sharing my ordeal of mississauga location for OCI submission.

As soon as gave my application, was told that photo needs to be redone. the OCI portal and the checklist had https://www.hciottawa.gov.in/pdf/Photo_Specification.pdf but they said shoulder should be visible. Not as per the guidelines where head to chin should be 70% to 80% of photo.

Marriage registration date needs to be the date when it was registered and not married. Had seen some comments in this forum where people have mentioned to provide date when married.

Refused to redo application there. I have got the feedback in writing on my application. Will redo the form.

4Raj

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
Things have changed at BLS.

First day I went at 3… I was at aroun
Thanks for sharing your ordeal
Don’t you think that people have already done this “writing complaints to Indian Embassy” multiple times ?

My personal experience has been Ok, picked up SC and OCI documents from BLS Brampton this was in Dec 2022 and Feb 2023. Used tip shared by the security guy at the entrance ke aap 1:45 pm take line main lag jaana to be the first few in the queue which we did .
Chicken Frankie aur garma garam Chai maine pass waale TO Kathi Role aur Railway Chai restaurant se uthaa lee thee

Things have changed quite a bit at BLS Brampton.

First day I went at 3.. i had around 40sh people lined up ahead of me around 20 behind me!

second day at 2:30 again 30sh people ahead
thirD day 2 o clock.. I was around 20 sh.. however there was a fight broke out and they closed BlS and called the police.

third day I went 1:30 and got in. I was at 15 th spot.

best time to start line up is at 1’o clock. They take around 5 people at a time. 30 mins!

People do complain to embassy but the number is quite less for them to take action.
obviously high rating of google reviews also is big factor in not taking action

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
-No, only the copy of the supporting documents you submit at BLS need to be self attested
-B&W is fine
-Let other comment on your point IMHO you don’t need one since you the GoO’s. name change certificate and include the letter of explanation
Thank you abbasji. I will update this forum with any feedbacks from BLS.

Reactions: abbas.pasha

vrbo6778

Oct 13, 2023
Has anyone gone through foreign spouse OCI process recently?
OCI checklist says that “all such applications are to be submitted to BLS for pre-approval”.
I did my OCI last year at BLS Montreal in-person. Is this the same process?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
OCI checklist says that “all such applications are to be submitted to BLS for pre-approval”.
Foreign spouse needs pre-approval and a mandatory interview. Not much info about it in this forum. CGI and HCI website have good info.

Reactions: vrbo6778

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
My next door neighbor went through this ordeal of sorts. From what I understand through him after you submit the application at BLS you need to go to the consulate/high commission of India for an interview
His spouse is of Indian origin but born in Canada so she never had Indian passport. They got married in India and got the registration done locally in the state. They got married quite a while ago. They did not get MEA attestation done.
That's where their OCI ordeal starts.
They had to spend 3 trips to CGI to get this detail and then ended up sending the certificate to India/MEA to have attested
Once they got that piece back, went back to CGI to submit and interviewed only to be told by CGI to the spouse, arey why didn't you apply on the basis of your parents since your parents were of Indian origin, you could have saved all this trouble :confused:

https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/oci-checklist/

Type D: Application for OCI on Indian origin Spouse basis
Note:
  1. Foreign spouse can submit application for OCI on the basis of Indian origin spouse only after two years of valid
  2. There will be a mandatory personal interview of all OCI applicants who apply under Foreign spouse
  3. All such application is required to be first submitted at BLS for pre-approval.
# Documents at (a), (b), (f), (g), (h), (i) and (j) above and remaining documents as below.
  • Marriage Certificate
Please enclose a copy of Registered Marriage Certificate which has been attested by High Commission of India or any other Indian Embassy / Consulate. The Marriage Certificate must indicate the date of marriage. There should be two years gap between the date of marriage and date of OCI application.
  • Indian passport of the Spouse (copy)
Please enclose a copy of the Indian Passport of the spouse. If the spouse is an OCI cardholder, you can enclose a copy of OCI card.
  • Spouse’s status in Canada (copy)
If the spouse is Indian/Foreign (non-Canadian) Passport holder, copy of his/her status in Canada to be enclosed viz., Visa, Work Permit, PR, Study Permit.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10205071

Last edited:

Nithyasuba

Jun 6, 2019
Things have changed at BLS.

First day I went at 3… I was at aroun

Things have changed quite a bit at BLS Brampton.

First day I went at 3.. i had around 40sh people lined up ahead of me around 20 behind me!

second day at 2:30 again 30sh people ahead
thirD day 2 o clock.. I was around 20 sh.. however there was a fight broke out and they closed BlS and called the police.

third day I went 1:30 and got in. I was at 15 th spot.

best time to start line up is at 1’o clock. They take around 5 people at a time. 30 mins!

People do complain to embassy but the number is quite less for them to take action.
obviously high rating of google reviews also is big factor in not taking action
1.30 Am or PM?