+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

SPADMASH

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Interesting!! did you apply in January? I applied on 9th January(Surrey-Walkin) but somehow didn't get acknowledgement till 26th Jan.
I submitted on 5th Jan walk-in edmonton BLS and got acknowledgment on 11th Jan. Then real waiting started for almost 9 1/2 weeks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello friends, I have a question regarding OCI. My OCI status is under process. I might have to travel India for an emergency soon. Do i need to apply for e-visa to travel? Is there a way, i could collect the OCI card in India? Thank you!
E-visa will be needed. You can call BLS and changed the delivery address to your friends/relatives and give them a letter of authorization in Canada.

Reactions: navkrish

SGulati

Apr 20, 2019

GulatiG, itna kyun tension le rahe ho bhai..
Just go there a hour before to queue up so you are early in the line. They start at 3 so try and be there by 1:45/2 pm to be first in the line
Sirji, tension to yahi hai ki line mein lagna padega. Maine kahin $60 bachane ke chakkar mei galti to nahi kar di bas yahi soch raha hu. :)

SGulati

Apr 20, 2019
Hey, the queue is not that bad, don't worry. Just make sure all applicants tag along and go there at least 30 mins before if not earlier. Most people are coerced into picking courier services, so there aren't many people picking up tbh.
Thanks for this. Do you know how long do they hold the OCI card for If the status says ' Ready For Pickup'. How many days after it is ready for pickup can I go to get it?

Mr Dev

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys .. just getting ready to submit my OCI application.. for the document i have uploaded a copy of my Canadian passport ,my cancelled Indian passport ,my marriage cert and my work letter ..do i need to upload anything else ?? don't see an option to upload surrender certificate anywhere

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hey Guys .. just getting ready to submit my OCI application.. for the document i have uploaded a copy of my Canadian passport ,my cancelled Indian passport ,my marriage cert and my work letter ..do i need to upload anything else ?? don't see an option to upload surrender certificate anywhere
You should upload surrender certificate with Indian passport section.

Mr Dev

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you mean the Indian origin proof ?? Make one pdf combining the passport and surrender certificate ??

Mr Dev

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am planning to take pictures at the BLS office itself to avoid any issues (had issues in the past). Any issues with that ?? Also any idea when appointments usually open up.