+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

RP11

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
Hi,

I have a query around OCI process, my application is acknowledge on 16-DEC-2023 and the status shows as "UNDER PROCESSS". Its been two months by now the date I submitted the walk-in application in BLS vancouver office. Is anyone in the same situation.

Is there any other way to know by when we can tentatively get the OCI. Pls advise.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi,

I have a query around OCI process, my application is acknowledge on 16-DEC-2023 and the status shows as "UNDER PROCESSS". Its been two months by now the date I submitted the walk-in application in BLS vancouver office. Is anyone in the same situation.

Is there any other way to know by when we can tentatively get the OCI. Pls advise.
11-14 weeks is the processing time people seeing in the forum for Vancouver.

$$harsh$$

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
I was all ready to go to BLS myself to collect the OCI card since they failed to dispatched it out from the last 7-8 days.
But just received a call from BLS this morning, saying we are dispatching your OCI today, they updated the additional comment with a Purolator tracking starting with #608 ( though its not showing anything on Purolator website). Hoping it will be activated today afternoon once Purolator picks up.

Little relived knowing they have finally dispatched it. Haashhhhh

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
Applicant NameXXXXX-----------
File Reference NumberXXXXX-----------
Application DateBLS BRAMPTON - INPERSONOn25-NOV-2023
Date Of AcknowledgmentOCI PORTALOn21-DEC-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO-----------
OCI- NumberXXXXX-----------
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn29-JAN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn30-JAN-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn08-FEB-2024
BLS Status Update 1Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stampingOn09-FEB-2024
BLS Status Update 2Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stampingOn12-FEB-2024

@forw.jane will the Purolator tracking number also should be updated along with this BLS update? Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping

I am not seeing any tracking number along with this update.

Last edited:
Reactions: forw.jane

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Applicant NameXXXXX-----------
File Reference NumberXXXXX-----------
Application DateBLS BRAMPTON - INPERSONOn25-NOV-2023
Date Of AcknowledgmentOCI PORTALOn21-DEC-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO-----------
OCI- NumberXXXXX-----------
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn29-JAN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn30-JAN-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn08-FEB-2024
BLS Status Update 1Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stampingOn09-FEB-2024
BLS Status Update 2Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stampingOn12-FEB-2024

@forw.jane will the Purolator tracking number also should be updated along with this BLS update? Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping

I am not seeing any tracking number along with this update.
Sometimes they don't but on Purolator it will come up once label is created. You can keep checking with your application no.

Reactions: citi4raj

pripri14

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
1) Signature get printed on your OCI booklet. Rotated one wont work.
- Check the video and try the method mentioned.
2) You need to call BLS and do it these days.
3) Attested ones is enough
Thank you for your kind reply, I have now sent my application via post. Can you share when I would be able to start tracking it online? It reached BLS on Wednesday last week.

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
My wife's acknowledgement date was 28th Dec, Toronto.. Got the following updates today:

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn02-FEB-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn
Crazily enough, they have just added the date of dispatch from MEA as 05th Feb 2024 and the status has stayed the same on OCI website since then.. seems like they have dispatched it from MEA via slow India post that it has not reached Toronto yet :p

so frustrating to see!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Crazily enough, they have just added the date of dispatch from MEA as 05th Feb 2024 and the status has stayed the same on OCI website since then.. seems like they have dispatched it from MEA via slow India post that it has not reached Toronto yet :p

so frustrating to see!
Actually nothing physically comes from India. Before all these dates would be populated within days of getting processed. Now they take weeks.

rishi123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi,

Mine is 23 December, date of acknowledgment, under process, Vancouver

yourr.grace

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Date Of AcknowledgmentBLS Brampton-Postal application
20-Dec-23​
Date Of AcknowledgmentOCI portal
19-Jan-24​
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSED
09-Feb-24​
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHI
12-Feb-24​