+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hi, Can someone please help me with minor OCI application related questions?
1. in the checklist it says I need to also attach professional details of the applicant. I don't get it how can I attach such thing for a minor?!? Can I attach my own job letter?
2. She doesn't have anything as proof of address. Can me and my husband attach our own POA?
3. Do I also need to attach copy and take our original OCI cards with us when going for the appointment?
4. Also for NOC, I did find the form to fill but it also ask to paste mine and my husband's photo at the bottom. Is there any specifications for that photo section?

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, Can someone please help me with minor OCI application related questions?
1. in the checklist it says I need to also attach professional details of the applicant. I don't get it how can I attach such thing for a minor?!? Can I attach my own job letter?
2. She doesn't have anything as proof of address. Can me and my husband attach our own POA?
3. Do I also need to attach copy and take our original OCI cards with us when going for the appointment?
4. Also for NOC, I did find the form to fill but it also ask to paste mine and my husband's photo at the bottom. Is there any specifications for that photo section?
-You don't require work experience letter for minor. If you like we did you can include the yours and wife's work experience letter
-Parent address proof
-Yes you should for both parents, make sure include your marriage certificate and minor's birth certificate as well
-standard passport size photo

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandy.gal

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
-You dont require work experience letter for minor. If you like like we did you can include the yours and wifes work experience letter
-Parent address proof
-Yes you should for both parents
-standard passport size photo
Thank you so much!! For the standard size photo, should I follow Canadian passport specifications or Indian?

yash91pathak

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
After you generate the OCI form , are we supposed to fill out the declaration section by Pen or can I use PDF edit to fill it? I am assuming pen, but want to confirm, knowing how BLS is a pain !
Additionally, I just checked the output form and saw that there is white space between my photo and the right hand side border of about 0.1 cm. Anyone who has recently taken a print out of their form, have you noticed the same?

• Wow
Reactions: desmat

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Additionally, I just checked the output form and saw that there is white space between my photo and the right hand side border of about 0.1 cm. Anyone who has recently taken a print out of their form, have you noticed the same?
Pathak G dialogue to suna he hoga aapne: Bade bade deshon main aise choti choti baatein hoti rehte hain..

As long as the OCI photo/signature upload system says that the photo/signature you have uploaded is acceptable to itna nahin sochna chahiye

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: yash91pathak

yash91pathak

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
Pathak G dialogue to suna he hoga aapne: Bade bade deshon main aise choti choti baatein hoti rehte hain..

As long as the OCI photo/signature upload system says that the photo/signature you have uploaded is acceptable to itna nahin sochna chahiye
Haha true! but uss dialogue ke vakt BLS nahi tha :D Aur BLS Bade bade deshon aisi choti choti baatein hi dhundhti hai :) haha

amanmander

Jan 9, 2014
I wondered if anyone's application tracking shows "Ready For Collection." Even though we have paid for the Purolator return label, there is no update yet. I called BLS, and every time, they say it should be mailed today. The BLS office is 10 minutes from my house. I wish I could collect from there, and they can give a refund on the return label. Anyone who has been in a similar boat?
Usually, how long it takes to change the status?

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
I wondered if anyone's application tracking shows "Ready For Collection." Even though we have paid for the Purolator return label, there is no update yet. I called BLS, and every time, they say it should be mailed today. The BLS office is 10 minutes from my house. I wish I could collect from there, and they can give a refund on the return label. Anyone who has been in a similar boat?
whats your current status ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
https://www.purolator.com/en/shipping/tracker -> Put your OCI application no starting with C and see if any entry for return is generated.