+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Samay905

Jan 18, 2024
I have 3 applications from Oct.28,2023 and 2 (daughter and husband) are being delivered today. Mine says counter delivery to BLS after stamping.
Ack date for 2: Nov.08,2023
Ack date for mine: Nov.09,2023
Processed for first 2: Jan.21,2024
Processed for mine: Jan.24,2024
Received in Vancouver (2): Jan.24,2024
Received in Vancouver (mine): Jan.25,2024
First 2 on Purolator truck :Jan.25,2024
Our flight is on Feb.06,2024. I was told by BLS person at front desk that mine should be here by Monday. If I don’t get it by then I have my e-Visa filled out and I will send it.
With Ack date of Nov.24.2024 it is highly unlikely you will receive it by first week of February. You may get lucky and receive it the day before you leave but I would get an e-Visa.
Thanks for sharing timeline. I wrote email today and received reply that it will be given to BLS in week’s. finger cross. Not thinking for e-visa as we have plan to stay longer.

pul1603

Jan 16, 2024
Thanks for sharing timeline. I wrote email today and received reply that it will be given to BLS in week’s. finger cross. Not thinking for e-visa as we have plan to stay longer.
Hey, did you send your query/concern to Vancouver consulate or to bls surrey?

Samay905

Jan 18, 2024
Hey, did you send your query/concern to Vancouver consulate or to bls surrey?
I submitted walking application at Edmonton so I directly send query to Vancouver. You will find email on website. Any communication with BLS apart from shipping related would be completely waste of time.

pul1603

Jan 16, 2024
I submitted walking application at Edmonton so I directly send query to Vancouver. You will find email on website. Any communication with BLS apart from shipping related would be completely waste of time.
Thanks for the reply. I have already sent email to vancouver consulate on 23rd jan but have not received any answer/reply from them till yet. I am in the 12th week from my walk in appointment at bls surrey.

Samay905

Jan 18, 2024
Thanks for the reply. I have already sent email to vancouver consulate on 23rd jan but have not received any answer/reply from them till yet. I am in the 12th week from my walk in appointment at bls surrey.
Usually they used to respond. For me they respond within 30 min. May need to write it in bit details about situation. I attached my travel details with my query and raise concern that I planned my travel based on estimated time of processing as provided on BLS website. I also mentioned I am not planning to take E-visa as I have plan to stay longer and E-Visa is not an alternate option for me.

If processing time are longer they need to update on website so people would not plan travel based on false date and feel panic in the end.

Reactions: pul1603

pul1603

Jan 16, 2024
Usually they used to respond. For me they respond within 30 min. May need to write it in bit details about situation. I attached my travel details with my query and raise concern that I planned my travel based on estimated time of processing as provided on BLS website. I also mentioned I am not planning to take E-visa as I have plan to stay longer and E-Visa is not an alternate option for me.

If processing time are longer they need to update on website so people would not plan travel based on false date and feel panic in the end.
Absolutely. And toronto on the other hand is processing most of the files before 8 weeks. I did send them a very detailed email asking for reason for the delay. But they should definitely update their website and inform people especially walk in appointments that the processing times are delayed so that people can plan their travel accordingly.
Genuinely I am very disappointed as there is no proper channel to reach them, and there is no clear communication from their end.

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
What documents are required to show as proof if BLS allows to pickup up OCI from counter apart from Canadian Passport? Also any other documents required for picking up Spouse OCI as well like authorized letter or something ?

tjjpega

Nov 20, 2023
Hi All,

I am applying for OCI application (postal brampton), in my cancelled (surrendered) indian passport, fathers name is given just the first name. where as in the application i have provided the father's first name last name as per his passport. I am submitting a attested copy of father's passport as name verification proof. will there be any trouble. or should I provide the father name (just the first name) in OCI application as per my old indian passport. please let me know. thanks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi All,

I am applying for OCI application (postal brampton), in my cancelled (surrendered) indian passport, fathers name is given just the first name. where as in the application i have provided the father's first name last name as per his passport. I am submitting a attested copy of father's passport as name verification proof. will there be any trouble. or should I provide the father name (just the first name) in OCI application as per my old indian passport. please let me know. thanks
You should have provided the father's name as per your passport not as per your father's passport. Its creates unnecessary complication.

vtech

Jan 26, 2024
Can anyone help how to get OCI appointment at BLS Brampton or Toronto.? I don't see any appointment available.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Can anyone help how to get OCI appointment at BLS Brampton or Toronto.? I don't see any appointment available.
All available ones are already taken. You can either try walkin or postal. If you are looking for Mar then mid of next month, they will open but gets filled within minutes.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
I paid the fee for pick up (OCI application) but have not received the label. Is there a different way to receive purolator later or I have to just wait for the label email? Thanks in advance.