+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

zeninmaking

Jul 18, 2018
Yes, for postal mail. Its currently taking average 45 plus minus 3 days for sending the postal application and receiving the OCI, given that all documents are in order. Once the package is delivered at BLS, it is taking 42 days + minus 3 days. Acknowledement from OCI website further takes approx 21 days after delivery, processing and delivery to Toronto CGI is further 21 days approx.

add 2-3 days for BLS to deliver it

My advise, do not bother to go to BLS office, its just not good for your mood for the rest of the day. You wont be saving money as you would be spending time and gas to go there.

just spend the money on purolator, its sarkari extortion, but if you opt for Canada post, then it may delay things and you will have to call a few times to push them to look at your application
Thank you! I definitely have no plans to go to the BLS office.
I see that you did it by mail too. If you haven't already posted, please could you let me know the list of docs you sent (I'm assuming everything is a self-attested copies) and more importantly the bank draft amounts? I am planning to send 2 applications -one for myself and the other for my 2 year old.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hey all!
I am looking to apply OCI by MAIL for myself and my toddler and looking to travel end of Feb 2024. If I apply next week, is it realistic to expect it to be processed by then?
To add to what others have said, my current estimate for OCI from the day it reaches the consulate is 8 weeks -- (4 weeks to get Ack, 3 weeks for process and 1 week for delivery). Add 10 days minimum to that for postal delay. That makes it 65 calendar days. So, you should get it by end of January if you apply asap. As a safety margin, add a week or two in case processing slows down further.

In short, apply within next two weeks and you should be fine for travel in the end of Feb.

Track timelines here for Toronto: OCI Tracker - Toronto
Do not go by the timelines of those receiving OCI now -- times for getting Ack has slowed down considerably from then. Look at those at the bottom of the list. Also note that the application date listed in the tracker sheet is about 10 days after the mail-in date as BLS is slow in opening mail.

Reactions: zeninmaking

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
@eas2lv My OCI was picked by Purolator at Thu. Nov. 16, 2023 - 2:00 p.m . I expect that to be delivered by Nov 17th. at my house.
With processed on 13th I would have expected purolator delivery today (hence my estimate of 16th Nov). Wonder why it missed the pickup yesterday.
Anyway glad to know its coming.

Pr@b

Nov 16, 2023
What is is the processing time for Oci in Toronto. My ack date is nov 2nd and my tickets are booked for 9th December. Anyone here with same timeline. Help please. I am a little worried

Oct 21, 2023
Data added to tracker: OCI Tracker - Toronto
Please post updates here.
Admin could you please add me to the tracker, I've been following this thread for a while now. My application is for renewal (new booklet after 20) and my dates for Toronto jurisdiction are:

Application date (BLS Brampton walk-in): Oct 21
BLS status: Processing at CG

OCI website status: No record found

aghuman

Jul 18, 2018
Admin could you please add me to the tracker, I've been following this thread for a while now. My application is for renewal (new booklet after 20) and my dates for Toronto jurisdiction are:

Same nothing for me as well

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......

Some Oct 20 Applications were Acked yesterday. So expect some movement today or early next week.

venum13

Apr 21, 2017
Hi,
I submitted my application to BLS on Oct 25th, BLS ack. on Oct 30th over email.
Until Nov 7th no status update on BLS website. On Nov 8th - I see it saying processing at consulate general.
Till today (Nov 17), I haven't received any ack., from OCI/Consulate and when I search for my status in OCI tracker - No such records found.
Emailed BLS: their response as of yesterday is still the same : Processing at consulate general.

Is this normal, to not get any ack., from consulate, but application being processed ? please advise..
thanks!

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
What time i can check today for update
Whenever you have time. Applications are processed all day so updates in OCI site can appear anytime during the working hours + a little for data delay.
Try at 1pm and then again at 6pm.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi,
I submitted my application to BLS on Oct 25th, BLS ack. on Oct 30th over email.
Until Nov 7th no status update on BLS website. On Nov 8th - I see it saying processing at consulate general.
Till today (Nov 17), I haven't received any ack., from OCI/Consulate and when I search for my status in OCI tracker - No such records found.
Emailed BLS: their response as of yesterday is still the same : Processing at consulate general.

Is this normal, to not get any ack., from consulate, but application being processed ? please advise..
thanks!
Yes its normal. Ack is taking 4 weeks from processing at CGI. For current timelines see: OCI Tracker - Toronto

Absinthetx

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
When uploading documents under "spouse passport"- Do we have to upload canadian or previous indian Passport? If I am uploading marriage certificate do I have to upload spouse passport ? ( our Indian Passports don't list us as spouse)